Cabanas at Half Moon

Megan_Strick

That was the price I paid last summer when we were on the Conquest. I ended up cancelling the cabana, and booking a villa. If you can afford it, I would highly recommend villa b or c. The bathroom alone was amazing!!!! I would fork out the cash again for the villa.

Yes 279.00. Find some other cruisers and chip in for a villa.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

The villas are for ~ 8-12 people, the cabanas are for 4. We just did a cabana, and were next to a villa. Cabana #8.

If you have a large group, go for the villa! Otherwise, a Cabana is great for 4 people. :)

Ok thanks. I've never been to HMC. I'll be going in Feb 2019. I don't know why I thought it was like $175 or $225. I guess I'm crazy. It would only be my hubby in there because I plan on being in the water/sun the whole time so it wouldn't be cost effective for me.

Does anyone know the current rate for the villa? I know the cabana is almost $300 and have seen where the villa was around $500, but not sure that is correct. If the villa is only $500 it would be worth the extra $200 to be able to accommodate more people and have a private restroom.

Ok thanks. I've never been to HMC. I'll be going in Feb 2019. I don't know why I thought it was like $175 or $225. I guess I'm crazy. It would only be my hubby in there because I plan on being in the water/sun the whole time so it wouldn't be cost effective for me.

There are plenty of chairs in the shade available for free on HMC so I think that might take care of your needs :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are plenty of chairs in the shade available for free on HMC so I think that might take care of your needs :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah that is what we'll end up with. Probably a clam shell. He's not a beach person. How did I even marry him :')

He's a smart man!

IMHO, HMC cabanas are a waste of hard earned money.

If you had a party of 10 and one of them (my DH) is NOT a beach person, would you think the villa was worth it? It is a family group and consists of 15 year old twins who are special needs. I just thought it might make a great "base" of operations for the 10 of us, give us a place to relax between walks/swims, someplace to eat lunch, someplace for my DH to be comfortable while the rest of us enjoy HMC :), etc.

Does anyone know the current rate for the villa? I know the cabana is almost $300 and have seen where the villa was around $500, but not sure that is correct. If the villa is only $500 it would be worth the extra $200 to be able to accommodate more people and have a private restroom.

Villa holds about double the people so you have another party you can split the costs with then you get the added benefits with the same net cost to you. For us, just me an my wife and are more than happy to find a lounger in the shade.

If you had a party of 10 and one of them (my DH) is NOT a beach person, would you think the villa was worth it? It is a family group and consists of 15 year old twins who are special needs. I just thought it might make a great "base" of operations for the 10 of us, give us a place to relax between walks/swims, someplace to eat lunch, someplace for my DH to be comfortable while the rest of us enjoy HMC :), etc.

For 15 people, go for the villa! or if you have more, go for the private Oasis!

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/half-moon-cay/beach-villa-420042

• 3 weeks later...

I booked my November cruise cabana in April and it was $289. The cabanas are now sold out. Glad I got mine when I did. This is kind of extravagant (IMO) for a beach day excursion, but this exact day of port is my 4oth birthday so, what the hey!?

I booked my November cruise cabana in April and it was $289. The cabanas are now sold out. Glad I got mine when I did. This is kind of extravagant (IMO) for a beach day excursion, but this exact day of port is my 4oth birthday so, what the hey!?
Then you will really feel special!!! I so enjoy the cabanas, they are just getting too pricey but for special days they are so worth it! :)

Villa is $540

We just booked a Villa for our spring break cruise for next year, it was $499. We had a cabana booked for $289 but for the $210 more we could invite the rest of my family that will be with us and split the cost so it ended up being cheaper. Way back when my father had a cabana for $209 so prices definitely have risen, and at one time I know it was season dependent on the price.

The same cabanas are $229 on Holland America cruises. Or at least they were last fall. If you want to save money booking a HMC cabana, book a HAL cruise. They also offer cabana butler service for an additional fee.

You won’t regret it. To this day, the day we spent at HMC in a cabana has been my favorite, most relaxing day ever. You can’t possibly get closer to heaven than a day in a HMC cabana. Just booked another one for our 10th anniversary cruise next February!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For 15 people, go for the villa! or if you have more, go for the private Oasis!

This.

Get with other people on your Roll Call (remember those? Cruise Critic used to have popular roll calls) and go in together for the Private Oasis. Holds up to 20 people and it's well-reviewed...and it has an open bar and your own special barbecue, etc.

The same cabanas are $229 on Holland America cruises. Or at least they were last fall. If you want to save money booking a HMC cabana, book a HAL cruise.

So....pay half again the Carnival cruise fare to cruise on HAL, just to save about $50? lol :D

Edited by Pellaz