Never again

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:29 AM.
3,003 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by Ontario Cruiser
Try going to Vigie beach just in front of the small airport near the port. Lots of chairs and shade also food and drinks . About $10 each way. We have been there twice last time was January 2018 and going again
Ontario Cruiser
Is that $10 per person or per taxi? Cost of chair rentals? Thanks
Kansas City (Gladstone) , MO
3,891 Posts
Joined May 2006
Yes, Cosol tours are the best way to go, especially if you really want to SEE ALL of St. Lucia. It is worth every penny!
Arkansas
19 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Went to St. Lucia in 2015, just the wife and I. Did a complete island tour. No problems. A few locals selling necklaces at the lookout point overlooking the cruise ship port. No big deal.

Fast forward to 2018.. Family cruise, 2 small children and an elderly father-in law also. I was mobbed by no less than ten men shoving necklace's in my face at the same look out point. I wanted a quick photo and to buy a few Piton beers, and was not interested in their necklaces. We departed the ship late to avoid this.

The final straw was when I was walking back, and I saw the locals opened the door to the cab and were trying to sell to my two kids under the age of 10.

When we arrived at Marigot Bay, we didn't even get out. It looked to be a repeat of earlier. In 2015 there were no necklace peddlers there and we actually got out and enjoyed it. Tried some banana ketchup as well.

It felt like a different place this trip.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises
Carnival Celebration April 1999
Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas February 2015
Carnival Sunshine March 2016
Carnival Fascination May 2018
We live on a small lake in rural Nebr.
7,779 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
We have been to St. Lucia several times, but always do tours (private) which we have enjoyed.

I will say that two years ago, after returning from our tour, we decided to walk along the sidewalk for a while but didn't go to far because of a general feel of unease, with many hawkers, homeless types, beggars, etc.

We are experienced travelers and have been in some iffy places, but just felt very uncomfortable here. We will be back this November and will probably book another tour, even though we have done most of what we want to do there.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SciFi