Walk to Total Wine/Publix

kmb4567

I don't know of any that you can walk to?

Sure you can....if docked in PE at Terminal/Pier 2, it is an easy walk to Total Wine and Publix. Many passengers and crew do it.

I guess "walkable" is relative. With enough time and fitness, anything is walkable. One can definitely walk to Total from some terminals. But I have encountered many people on cruise ships to whom I would never suggest that they try it!

How far of a walk is it to Total Wine or Public from terminal? Thanks

Depends where your ship is docked. Princess uses piers 2, 4 and 21 (and sometimes others near 21). Forget walking from 21 -- it is at the other end of the port from 17th street and the port is very industrial and not pedestrian friendly. Piers 2 and 4 are closest to 17th street. Walk out Eisenhower Blvd (a right when leaving the pier) and take a left on 17th to the Embassy Suites. Turn left on Cordova Road into the Harbor Shops shopping center. I'm guessing the walk is about 1/2 mile).

On the Port map: http://www.porteverglades.net/includes/content/docs/MEDIA/PEG410_Map.pdf Total Wine and Publix are above the top left corner of the port - but note that the roads (for example 20th street which looks like it ends at Harbor shops) have a security fence - the actual entrances to the port are few with Eisenhower Blvd being the one you want to take.

Edited by capriccio

Depending on the individual, terminal 2 is an easy walk, a stressful walk or an impossible dream. The terminals further from the entrance become more of an effort.

Yup....agree. And for some, walking from the bow of the ship to the stern is any of those three things, too:)

The OP can measure it out on Google Earth and judge for themselves. I am not about to ask them how far they can walk on a sunny and warm day.

Also, be aware that if it is a Sunday no alcohol can be sold before noon. And, the Walgreens on the corner of 17th Street and Eisenhower that you pass on the way to the Total Wines and Publix location has a small selection of wines. It may be an alternative if you can't walk too far and aren't very picky about your wine.

Also, be aware that if it is a Sunday no alcohol can be sold before noon. And, the Walgreens on the corner of 17th Street and Eisenhower that you pass on the way to the Total Wines and Publix location has a small selection of wines. It may be an alternative if you can't walk too far and aren't very picky about your wine.

After learning from the kind folks here re walking to Total Wine from the terminal, I've decided to buy wine and last minute supplies at Walgreens, but will do that after boarding and before sailaway (we are on a Princess transfer to port).

Thanks for posting the map Lew.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

It is about 1 mile from Pier 2 to Publix and Total Wine. Remember that is each way. Also, it is often hot there even during the winter. So be sure you are in good enough shape to make the 2 mile round trip. You may want to bring something with wheels to carry your purchases.

If you leave from Pier two, walk out to street and go right,and turn left on 17th st. Walgreens right on the corner. We walk there quite often. Total Wines and publix further up but also walkable. The map a few posts up is great, follow it. If you are not at Pier two or 4, can't walk, take a cab, no sidewalks.

If you leave from Pier two, walk out to street and go right,and turn left on 17th st. Walgreens right on the corner. We walk there quite often. Total Wines and publix further up but also walkable. The map a few posts up is great, follow it. If you are not at Pier two or 4, can't walk, take a cab, no sidewalks.

We have walked from Berth 21 to 17th Street, killing time on turnaround day. It is 2 miles and there are sidewalks all the way, although you have to cross to the other side in some places. It is another 2/3 mile to Total Wine.

It is about 1 mile from Pier 2 to Publix and Total Wine. Remember that is each way. Also, it is often hot there even during the winter. So be sure you are in good enough shape to make the 2 mile round trip. You may want to bring something with wheels to carry your purchases.

My smaller empty suitcase worked quite well to carry everything....stopping at Dollar Tree, Walgreen's, Total Wine & Publix last trip.