Did your 2-5 year old love Camp Carnival?

x98bjv

My new 2 year old did not love it. But I believe it was a separation anxiety thing and not at all anything to do with Carnival or the camp. Everytime we saw the staff from the 2-5 year old room they always greeted him by name and asked if he wanted to come play with them even though he had only been there a whopping 20 minutes the first sea day.

Here's my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2199649

Further down in the thread, I posted pics and the activity sheet.

When my lo was 2 she wouldn't go in the kids club. As a 3 year old she loved it and even sent us away because she was having so much fun.

That leaves me hope for our next cruise when the then barely 2 year old will be 3.5 years old!

My granddaughter Ella loves Camp Carnival. She is now 5 but has been attending Camp Carnival since she was 3. She loves all the activities and the caregivers have been so good on both the Dream and Legend.

Patti

When my lo was 2 she wouldn't go in the kids club. As a 3 year old she loved it and even sent us away because she was having so much fun.

Our Grandkids are older now but the past 3 or 4 cruises at least 2 or 3 of them were in Camp Carnival, beginning when they were about 3 years old. So guess they have grown up there. :) Not a single cruise did they complain when someone went to get them for dinner and wanted to stay. We would get them but all thru dinner it was "can we go back now". We have been on RCCL but they do not seem to have the same type activities, as they would go but weren't all that thrilled about going.

My nephew was 5, close to 6 when we sailed on the Fantasy 2 weeks ago. He LOVED camp! Breakfast was always when we discussed his schedule for the day and when he would be going. I was a little worried he'd be bored being in with the younger kids, but he seemed to love it, and the counselors were great.

Just got off Liberty 2 weeks ago and my 2 & 5 year old loved it when there were other kids, when it was just them, they got lonely. The counsellors played with them and had all the time for them, I think my kids just like playing with kids their own age.

Started my granddaughter when she was 2. She loved it then and she's now 7 and still loves it. Only problem is now that she is older she understands when the Camp Carnival staff tells them, they can eat dinner with the Camp. I enjoy her company at dinner, but she always begs me to eat with the Camp. I can't hardly get her to leave it, she doesn't even want to go ashore at ports.

Ours have both loved and hated it. Just depended on the day, the people there, the amount of sleep...typical toddler/ preschooler stuff.

Overall we use camp quite a bit. We've been called a couple times to get 1 or both kids, but usually they don't want to leave.

I have some info about kids club in our review of the dream. 9below in my signature).

My almost 3 year old girl and my 5 year old son enjoyed it. They asked to go all of the time. They also asked to eat dinner in there each night. Our friends 5 year old boy was also with them each time.

i don't know if my little girl would have chosen to eat each night if she was going by herself.

My two year old really liked it once he got over his initial separation anxiety (took about 5 minutes). I include a more detailed discussion (and daily schedules of activities) in my review of the Sensation in my signature. Actually the entire review is written from my toddler's perspective, so there might be some other useful tips in there for you too. I think your grandchild would LOVE a cruise. We have two more planned with our toddler this year and can't wait! I say, go for it (and take me with you)! :D

On the Breeze currently and they love the new camp ocean

Our 5 year old no troubles this cruise

At 2 she was hit and miss whether she wanted to always stay. She often wanted to go but how long...

We are sailing on the Breeze in August with our 2 and will be 6 year old. Would it be possible for you to keep the camp schedules and email them to me or post them when you get off the boat?

Can anyone tell me how it works if your child is still in diapers? We are potty training our 4 yr old and she has it most of the time, but there are a few instances with accidents. So when we are out and about, I normally put her in a pull-up. What is the protocol for dirty diapers, etc?