Platinum embarkation quesrion

willtup5

I know it's been asked but.... Going on ruby princess out of Seattle 5/5. Can I have my elderly mother (gold level) and her travel mate check in with us in the platinum check in line?

Thanks ahead of time for your replies.

David

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

If you are in the same cabin, yes.

If in separate cabins...while they may allow it, that's not how the system is supposed to work.

Realty is that the standard check in lines (which you can use with them) are often shorter than the priority lines. For our most recent cruise, we arrived about 11:15 and found NO lines at all.

We traveled twice with our son and DIL....the first time, their first time, we stayed in the terminal with them, the second time we asked if they could come with us to the PE section, we were firmly directed to go that way and they were firmly directed the other way....we texted until we boarded and waited for them on board at the Piazza

Remember that check-in (which you asked about in the opening post) and boarding/embarkation (which you gave as the title of the thread) are two distinct activities.

So:

Yes if they glom onto you in the Platinum line you can check in together.

But if you arrive before embarkation has commenced you will be given an earlier boarding group number than your mom.

(again this is all assuming she is in a different cabin)

I know it's been asked but.... Going on ruby princess out of Seattle 5/5. Can I have my elderly mother (gold level) and her travel mate check in with us in the platinum check in line?

Thanks ahead of time for your replies.

David

Not unless you all are sharing a cabin. But if your elderly mom needs wheelchair assistance she'll be heading on the ship before general boarding anyway.

They can check-in with you but will be directed to a separate boarding area.

There are often hundreds if not literally thousands of Platinum and Elite passengers boarding a ship with Priority boarding. Imagine if even some of them brought an additional 2-3 passengers. It’s not unusual for there not be enough seating for those with Priority boarding. It’s not a matter of exclusion but rather necessity to not allow non-Priority passengers not booked in the same cabin in the waiting area.

You can either join them in general boarding or even better, arrive a bit later like at about 1pm. You can then all check-in and board together.

One time I was sitting in the P/E lounge waiting to board, I overhear this woman making a comment to her companion about having to sit with lower platinum people, they should have a “special “ lounge area just for upper elites

yes, Princess should change the rules to only allow Elites and "super platinum" members that obtain that status after their 12th Princess cruise AND a minimum of 75 days....to have "Special Status Boarding";p

I Poreciate all your responses. Perhaps we will go through standard check so we can go on together

Last October, we went Club Class for our 2nd Princess cruise. CC qualified us for "priority", but when we

looked at the two lines, we headed over to "steerage" and were processed before half of the folks who had

decided to wait in the priority line. The nice lady behind the counter even went and got a "PRIORITY" tag

for us to show at the next stop since we had mere gold cards. Didn't need it there, either.

YMMV