Clippermiami

mpbmark

As some of you who follow Facebook may already know, John Steele passed away yesterday. You may remember Clippermiami as the individual with a Santa Claus like face and beard who designed some of the most exquisite pins for cruising any of us have ever seen. John, a close friend, came down with a staph infection shortly after our Celebrity Equinox cruise to Mardi Gras. I am truly glad we had one last cruise together before his passing.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Betty, and their two daughters. May John enjoy his next voyage as much as he has all of his prior cruises.

So sorry to hear, we have cruised with John several times, both on Royal and Celebrity. I have several of his pins. We most recently cruised with him in December, complete with his Santa outfit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Wow! Thanks for letting us know. Just shows how precious and short life is. We need to enjoy every second we are given.

True that. My wife has finally decided to retire at the end if the year.

As some of you who follow Facebook may already know, John Steele passed away yesterday. You may remember Clippermiami as the individual with a Santa Claus like face and beard who designed some of the most exquisite pins for cruising any of us have ever seen. John, a close friend, came down with a staph infection shortly after our Celebrity Equinox cruise to Mardi Gras. I am truly glad we had one last cruise together before his passing.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Betty, and their two daughters. May John enjoy his next voyage as much as he has allowed​ of his prior cruises.

Oh so very sorry to hear this. Just met John on the Mardi Gras cruise and we have three of the beautiful pins he designed.

Sincere condolences to John's family and friends.

Mark

Thank you for posting this very sad news. I have very fond memories of John at the elite cocktail hour at the Sunset Bar on our transatlantic cruise on the Reflection. I also have one of his pins.

My prayers are with Betty and their family.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Betty, and their two daughters. May John enjoy his next voyage as much as he has all of his prior cruises.

Oh such sad news.. Thank you Mark for letting us know. It was my pleasure to get to know Betty and John for the first time on the Mardi Gras cruise thanks to you inviting me to dine with your group. Such a lovely gentlemen. My condolences to Betty and his family. I will treasure my one and only pin designed by John.

I hope Betty has fully recover after her fall.

Mary

PS. You finally got you wish - Bunny retiring. I guess there are many more cruises in your future now.

So very sorry to hear about John. We cruised with John and Betty several times and had such good times. Our condolences to Betty and their children. Our prayers are sent.

It is indeed sad when someone as good and nice as John is taken from us prematurely.

I'm trying to post a link to his pin page but the site seems to be down. Those of us who were lucky enough to have some of his pins have a least a touch of his brilliance and talent. If the site goes on line again, I'll post it here for all to see.

It is indeed sad when someone as good and nice as John is taken from us prematurely.

I'm trying to post a link to his pin page but the site seems to be down. Those of us who were lucky enough to have some of his pins have a least a touch of his brilliance and talent. If the site goes on line again, I'll post it here for all to see.

I have one of his pins from the first TA we took and where we first met John in 2011.

Mark, so sorry to hear about John's passing. Please pass on to Betty our sincerest condolences. We thoroughly enjoyed the time we spend with them on Reflection B2B in 2013. May God Bless. He was a true Patriot.

Mark, so sorry to hear about John's passing. Please pass on to Betty our sincerest condolences. We thoroughly enjoyed the time we spend with them on Reflection B2B in 2013. May God Bless. He was a true Patriot.

Yes, he was. His grasp and understanding of some our

problems and his thoughts on solutions was astounding.

I ordered 2 pandons for the Mardi Gras cruise and totally forgot about it.

He took the efforts to find out my stateroom number and left that by the front door.

What a nice gentlemen he was.

My condolences to the family.