Issues with Personal Cruise Consultants?

disneynutssss

i really look for the best in people and hate to believe that I have been forgotten about but..

i was told that i had to go through a personal cruise consultant to book and pay because i had credit from a cancelled cruise.

this person was wonderful and helpful the whole way through... until i made my final payment. now i hear nothing but crickets.

is this common for NCL? has anyone else had this happen to them?

i really look for the best in people and hate to believe that I have been forgotten about but.. i was told that i had to go through a personal cruise consultant to book and pay because i had credit from a cancelled cruise. this person was wonderful and helpful the whole way through... until i made my final payment. now i hear nothing but crickets. is this common for NCL? has anyone else had this happen to them?

Not sure what you are looking for. Someone to call and shoot the breeze with you? NCL has to sell 25,000 rooms a week between direct sales and travel agents.

Your PCC is a minimum wage call center person who keeps their jobs by helping NCL sell those 25,000 rooms a week. A junior PCC earns less than the Walmart greeter.

If you need something call them. Otherwise, be happy that they aren't calling you trying to get you book another cruise.

I’m usually in the minority on these boards. I agree with the OP. If information was requested, why can’t it be provided in a timely fashion? Or do we take it for granted in our unproductive, unprofessional society that effort will never exceed compensation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP: if your PCC was supposed to get back to you on something, they should have done so. I'd give them one last chance with another call or email. If you don't hear back promptly after that, I'd get another PCC or just use the reps at the main number. You certainly are entitled to have NCL address whatever issue or question you raised with the PCC.

Very happy with mine and easy to get in touch with when I have questions![emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

So glad that you have had a good experience.

I’m usually in the minority on these boards. I agree with the OP. If information was requested, why can’t it be provided in a timely fashion? Or do we take it for granted in our unproductive, unprofessional society that effort will never exceed compensation?

Thank you!!

OP: if your PCC was supposed to get back to you on something, they should have done so. I'd give them one last chance with another call or email. If you don't hear back promptly after that, I'd get another PCC or just use the reps at the main number. You certainly are entitled to have NCL address whatever issue or question you raised with the PCC.

Thank you, i left another message with him today, will give him a couple days to respond and then will call the main number.

OK, never mind. i guess no one has questions/issues after making final payments. didn't realize that's the norm around here. guess it IS a "thing".

No, I think it is more that you didn't say anything in your OP about waiting on an answer to anything. You just put it out there that you hadn't heard from them. How was anyone to know you had outstanding questions? Just from what you posted in your OP, I think most people would be relieved to NOT get unsolicited calls from their PCC.

Maybe it is a communication issue with the PCC, like it has been in this thread?

No, I think it is more that you didn't say anything in your OP about waiting on an answer to anything. You just put it out there that you hadn't heard from them. How was anyone to know you had outstanding questions? Just from what you posted in your OP, I think most people would be relieved to NOT get unsolicited calls from their PCC.

Maybe it is a communication issue with the PCC, like it has been in this thread?

Granted i didn't write all the details of the situation but i would think that no one would expect to socialize with a PCC after final payment. maybe its my bad for not stating that there was a specific cruise related reason that i was waiting to hear back from them - assumed it was obvious, but apparently wasn't.

not a communication issue here, within the emails is a long trail about the same subject (that goes back 4 months) that i am still waiting to hear about. and i clearly stated on all voice messages exactly what i need to talk to him about as well.

Then don’t bother with him again. You have enough of a paper trail to justify going over his head. If you encounter resistance at the next level, you might wish to quietly and calmly suggest that you will cancel the cruise if the matter is not resolved within one week.

We had a pcc years ago that could offer me no more help than the 1–800 number. I would call her and she could only offer me what was online. Instead of waiting for her to call me back each time, I started calling 1-800#. Never had a problem since then. Great and fast service.

There are good ones and there are bad ones. Sorry yours appears to be the latter. If you hear back, you might ask if he/she prefers email or calls, and let them know you expect quicker replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, i left another message with him today, will give him a couple days to respond and then will call the main number.

If you are beyond final payment and have been waiting 4 months for a response, then why bother with the PCC. Call pre-cruise guest relations at 1.800.327.7030.

What else were you expecting? I also made my final payment but we had no expected commitment to socialize.

This.

The consultant gave you his/her number to contact them when you needed.

They could be calling you all the time to sell you something but then you would be here posting about how you are being hounded.

After you made your final payment, there is nothing left for them to do except to help you...... when you need help.

Sometimes they go on vacation or shift days off too and cannot answer, as well as you are not the only customer and they have lots of other emails and phone calls to return but, instead of waiting, you can easily call one of the other guest relation numbers.

This.

The consultant gave you his/her number to contact them when you needed.

They could be calling you all the time to sell you something but then you would be here posting about how you are being hounded.

After you made your final payment, there is nothing left for them to do except to help you...... when you need help.

Sometimes they go on vacation or shift days off too and cannot answer, as well as you are not the only customer and they have lots of other emails and phone calls to return but, instead of waiting, you can easily call one of the other guest relation numbers.

If you read the rest of the comments, you would see there is an issue pending for 4 months.

If you read the rest of the comments, you would see there is an issue pending for 4 months.

I think it's a bit odd that you would be waiting 4 months. I mean, I'd wait about 4 hours. I certainly would NEVER wait more than 4 days. Who waits 4 months? That doesn't make sense. It's like you're not even trying. It must not be a very important question you had. If you don't realize by now that you've been forgotten, I don't know what to tell you.

i really look for the best in people and hate to believe that I have been forgotten about but..

i was told that i had to go through a personal cruise consultant to book and pay because i had credit from a cancelled cruise.

this person was wonderful and helpful the whole way through... until i made my final payment. now i hear nothing but crickets.

is this common for NCL? has anyone else had this happen to them?

There is a possibility that your cruise consultant doesn't work for NCL in that capacity anymore. On my last cruise I had three different people call me and tell me they were my cruise consultant. I know they were different people because they followed up by both email and regular mail. I always call the 800 number and have always had good experiences with that. On an aside one of the cruise consultants actually called me to remind/mildly scold me when she found out I did that.

I think it's a bit odd that you would be waiting 4 months. I mean, I'd wait about 4 hours. I certainly would NEVER wait more than 4 days. Who waits 4 months? That doesn't make sense. It's like you're not even trying. It must not be a very important question you had. If you don't realize by now that you've been forgotten, I don't know what to tell you.

WOW

Your assumptions are wrong.

Not going to explain all the details.

thumper1.jpg

There is a possibility that your cruise consultant doesn't work for NCL in that capacity anymore. On my last cruise I had three different people call me and tell me they were my cruise consultant. I know they were different people because they followed up by both email and regular mail. I always call the 800 number and have always had good experiences with that. On an aside one of the cruise consultants actually called me to remind/mildly scold me when she found out I did that.

This is something I hadn't thought of. It may be the case. Thank you.