Repositioning - Buy one, get one free drinks packages on board ?

downundermatt

Last year on our Transpacific Crossing on Millennium, Celebrity were offering buy one get one free drinks packages the first few days. Whilst this seemed like a good deal, it really annoyed those who had paid full price in advance. (We didn't bother as we had the Elite Drinks and Michaels Club so didn't need more !)

Just wondering if anyone else had heard of these deals been offered recently on X, as I know it is rare to get liquor packages as a perk on repositioning cruises and am hoping it may be offered on our next crossing.

Cheers :D

I think it is has much to do with how things are selling. When Celebrity needs to make more money they offer new perks, specials etc. it all has to do with revenue, as money keeps the shareholders happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year on our Transpacific Crossing on Millennium, Celebrity were offering buy one get one free drinks packages the first few days. Whilst this seemed like a good deal, it really annoyed those who had paid full price in advance. (We didn't bother as we had the Elite Drinks and Michaels Club so didn't need more !)

Just wondering if anyone else had heard of these deals been offered recently on X, as I know it is rare to get liquor packages as a perk on repositioning cruises and am hoping it may be offered on our next crossing.

No, I have never seen such an offer on any of my Celebrity cruises. This is the first time that I can recall reading about a 2 for 1 deal on the drink package. Seems like a good deal to me.

There have been 72 hour (or longer) sales before where they've done BOGOF or BOGOHP deals. Where the packages are full price before a cruise and they are not included as a perk there is no incentive to buy ahead of time unless there is a sale. We've two re-positioning cruises booked this year and won't purchase at full price before we get on the ship. We sailed on two TAs last year and grabbed BOGOF drinks packages for both cruises ahead of time during flash sales. We're hoping for the same, or similar, this year. Hopefully soon, as we sail on Constellation in April.

We were on the Millennium last year for the TP. We purchased a BOGO premium package before we sailed. It was one on their "flash sales" offered on their website. I've been checking for my repositioning from San Juan to Bayonne for the end of April but no luck so far.

We have done many, and a sale is rare, once it was 10% off pre cruise. I remember a drink package as a “perk” once on a transpacific, that’s about it. We have NEVER been offered bogo on board,, so don’t count on it. Possible, yes, likely, NO! Plan on paying full fare.

What is a "flash sale"? Does it appear on X's website for anyone to see, or do you have to be on a certain mailing list? Thanks

In some cases, you may get an email touting that there is a sale going on. Other times, we have found out about a discounted price by simply logging into the Cruise Planner section of our upcoming sailing.

In some cases, you may get an email touting that there is a sale going on. Other times, we have found out about a discounted price by simply logging into the Cruise Planner section of our upcoming sailing.

If one's happening you can rest assured someone will post about it on this forum. Then you can log in and see if your cruise is included.

Silhouette (November 2017)TA from Rome to Florida, had a half price drink package sale about 10 weeks prior to sailing. We only purchased one for my wife!

Hal

Bought that one ourselves.... great cruise too

It's my understanding there is going to be a sale on beverage packages (buy one, get one half off) starting this Thursday (March 15), I think through the weekend. Good luck!

Can you please tell me where you accessed this information? We are on TA in April. Many thanks!

I logged onto Celebrity Manage my Booking. The discounted price was showing on the planner. I then phoned Celebrity UK and bought the package I wanted. On the UK site , it showed a 25% discounted price for both the Classic and Premium beverage package.

Sandra

carocox,

We too are on the repositioning of the Summit from San Juan to Port Liberty on April 21. Will see if there is a sale on the drink package starting tomorrow, otherwise will pay as we go. Being elite + there is the free drinks for six evenings and then there is the meet the officers party one evening. While 20% is a good start it still comes out less expensive if we pay for what we drink, and therefore drink less.

Hal

Sorry I should have said the Classic and Premium Alcohol Package. The Non Alcoholic did not seem to be discounted.

That's interesting as the Non-Alcoholic packages are reduced for each of the three cruises we have booked this year, which include a repositioning on Constellation next month and a transatlantic on Silhouette in November.

That's interesting as the Non-Alcoholic packages are reduced for each of the three cruises we have booked this year, which include a repositioning on Constellation next month and a transatlantic on Silhouette in November.

Checked again. Classic non alcoholic is showing as £12.96. No discount as far as I can see.