College Football on FOS

A group of us will be traveling on FOS leaving Port Everglades on November 24, 2017. That is fantastic but unfortunately when I let my wife plan the cruise she didn't see that the 24th is the Ohio State vs. that school up north game at noon.

I HAVE to watch that game every year and I was wondering if anyone had any tips to make sure that I can watch it. Obviously we will check the pool to see what game they will be showing on the big screen and also the bars on the ship to see which ones they will be showing but I want to have a back up plan in case the worst happens.

Has anyone tried the DirecTV app to watch a game on FOS or SlingBox or any other means of watching it on a laptop or tablet? Any help that I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Go Bucks!!

Record it at home, and watch when you return. It's VERY unlikely to be shown onboard.

This (once again) is just not true. Better than even chance it will be played, especially for cruises with predominantly US passengers. Bob's advice is good (once again) for a back up plan.

You'll be in port the whole game so you should be able to simply stream it on your mobile device connected via land based cell tower. You'll need to ensure that you board well before noon and find a spot to watch most of the first half before cabins are available.

DH has used fox sports and ESPN apps on embarkation days. Some of the bars have tvs and will have various games on especially the BIG ones. Also tv in room will pick up local affiliates some times as well. If you are like my DH, where there is a will there IS a way!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all of the help. I am going to record it because.....well I record it every year. But this year I will just as a backup plan.

I have the app for ESPN and every major network so I am hoping we can just stream it and worry about the data rates later. THE game should be manageable using our data, then I will have to figure out how to see the Big Ten Championship game from the ship in the middle of the Caribbean. :mad:

Since the schedule says FOX is broadcasting the game, probably not. ESPN games are a lock. But who knows, ESPN Caribbean has been known to pick up the major games. Are you sure you have the dates correct? Saturday is the 25th.

If you are leaving Saturday, you could pick up the broadcast signal from FOX. A TV tuner and a laptop should do it.

Since Ohio St has already claimed the pre-season #2 spot, as long as they hold onto that top grouping there could be a chance. This particular game is more of an interest to those of us in the Big Ten world, but broadcasting a top team is more likely than, say, the Ducks. haha. Hope you don't have to miss the game; we're missing two non-conf for our September Oasis cruise, and when we booked our 2018 cruise I checked to make sure we weren't playing anyone important. haha

Thanks for all of the help. I am going to record it because.....well I record it every year. But this year I will just as a backup plan.

I have the app for ESPN and every major network so I am hoping we can just stream it and worry about the data rates later. THE game should be manageable using our data, then I will have to figure out how to see the Big Ten Championship game from the ship in the middle of the Caribbean. :mad:[/quoe]

Record it ! That way you can get all the highlights !! like the officials ( from Ohio ) incorrectly spotting the ball . :D

GO BLUE !!!!!!!!