Colors of SeaPass Cards

Yvonne

Even though our Oasis cruise is a l-o-n-g way off...sigh...I've started thinking more about it and gathering information, etc.

My husband and I have both been on the Mariner of the Seas (7 nights) and the Monarch of the Seas (4 nights), but I have also been on the Mariner a second time without him. So I'm wondering if our SeaPass cards will be different colors, I'm not sure how many nights you have had to sail before your card changes to the next color.

Both of your SeaPass cards will be the same color if you are in the same stateroom.

You have to have over 700 cruise points before your card changes color based on your C&A level.

Both of your SeaPass cards will be the same color if you are in the same stateroom.

You have to have over 700 cruise points before your card changes color based on your C&A level.

Oh, I thought card colors were determined by how many nights you have cruised, didn't realize it was "points."

Maybe the how many nights thing is Carnival. Sorry. :)

Oh, I thought card colors were determined by how many nights you have cruised, didn't realize it was "points."

Well, Royal's cruise points are related to nights. You get:

1 point per night of the cruise.

1 extra point if you are in a JS or better stateroom.

1 extra point if you are solo in a non-studio stateroom.

So you can potentially get 3 points per night.

However, the only level that has an effect on card color is Pinnacle, which is 700 points.

Card colors are different based on cabin type too. Full suites get gold cards on some ships but on Oasis there are three different color cards for full suites, depending on if you have a sky, star or sea class suite.

Card colors are different based on cabin type too. Full suites get gold cards on some ships but on Oasis there are three different color cards for full suites, depending on if you have a sky, star or sea class suite.

I think they are Blue (Sea), Plum (Sky), and Black (Star). Not sure on Sea Class JS.

I think they are Blue (Sea), Plum (Sky), and Black (Star). Not sure on Sea Class JS.

I forget which is which, so didn't bother since I knew someone would remember.

I never realized some cruise lines have different color sea passes depending on whether you have cruised or not on that line. I just sailed NCL for the first time and my card was orange. Everyone I sailed with had sailed NCL before and had blue cards.

Sea Class is a darker blue than the normal blue a regular card is.

Pus, don't forget about the white/pearl card the Pinnacles get.

Sent from a mobile device

I forget which is which, so didn't bother since I knew someone would remember.

I never realized some cruise lines have different color sea passes depending on whether you have cruised or not on that line. I just sailed NCL for the first time and my card was orange. Everyone I sailed with had sailed NCL before and had blue cards.

Quite a few cruise lines have the color of their card tied to their loyalty level, outside of Royal Caribbean's company.

No one really cares what color your card is....unless you care, and carry it around your neck for all to see. Most folks won't notice at all...really....no one cares what your "status" is, or what cabin you might have booked.

• Like 3

Actually our plum suite card got us into all shows with reserved seats except for the comedy show. Also got pool towels without a scan and access to a reserved beach at Labadee. Status level is printed on card. We preferred the Diamond Club in the evening to the Suite Lounge, but ate a lot in Coastal Kitchen.

To complete the trifecta:

Sky Class:

44e24265787efd5abd30530b25146370.jpg

Star Class:

post-233-0-19198000-1463412191.jpg

Never noticed, when you claim your card as lost the folio number changes. That and lighting really impacts the color of the card.

This scanned version compared to the physical look nearly identical.3a53fec1f87711e1787bc9601f8d9e02.jpg

Sent from a mobile device

No one really cares what color your card is.

From what I have heard from some people who cruised in Star Class, the above is not really true. The crew members acted differently as soon as they saw a Star Class card. When cruisers showed a Star Class card, they were allowed to bypass or go to the front of all lines, such as the line to use the flow rider. They also were ushered into front row seats in the theaters which had been reserved for them.

No one really cares what color your card is....unless you care, and carry it around your neck for all to see. Most folks won't notice at all...really....no one cares what your "status" is, or what cabin you might have booked.

And there in lies the reason people don't like others who wear their sea pass on a lanyard. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There has even been a difference in Star Class cards. The one on the left is more black than the one on the right. The to lights helps to show the difference but also added a bit of glare but I think the colour difference shows.

eaa4f2df2313a4b79b6d30c7f765d1ea.jpg

6c68300a34efac98a72f779df49c0f51.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Anthem my DD figure out that while all our card where light blue.......Balcony rooms. Kids cards had bumper cars on them and Adult cards had Northstar on them.

If your in a suite you will have a different colored card than the great unwashed masses. All other rooms will have unrecognizably different cards. That way people is suites can receive the benefits they paid for easily. IE no scanning the card access to certain places reserved for them, sun deck, theater seats ect..

What color will my seapass card be for someone who has never been on a single night's cruise before? Is it thin and yellow like a post-it note?? Will I be shunned as I walk down the hall and have people run in the opposite direction?? :D

Lisa N.

What color will my seapass card be for someone who has never been on a single night's cruise before? Is it thin and yellow like a post-it note?? Will I be shunned as I walk down the hall and have people run in the opposite direction?? :D

Lisa N.

Light blue if you are not in a suite.

You will only be shunned if you wear it with a lanyard.;)

I would never carry my card round my neck or flaunt it for all to see. But when I book a suite.....most of the time now (except for a forthcoming shorty cruise)....I like the queue jumping, easy access, benefits it brings very much.

I pay for the suite perks because my holidays are few in frequency and when I'm away I want to make the most of it.

It will be interesting to have a few days without the perks......I wonder if I will miss them.....I'll miss the real estate for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is the first that I've ever heard of people not liking when you wear the card around your neck. I ALWAYS do this. I don't want to carry a purse and I usually don't have pockets on a sundress. I'm not going to hold it in my hand. I'll just have to be looked down upon.

• Like 5

Lisa N.

You will have to carry the plates of cruisers with status in the Windjammer, give up your pool chair if in a prime location, and stand on your chair and sing your school song on formal nights:D

• Haha 2