Colors of SeaPass Cards

Yvonne

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Silver, unless the guest is Pinnacle level, then gold.

Thank you. Is it considered Sea, Sky, or Star Class? On the Navigator (I don't know if it changes on every ship).

On 8/4/2017 at 10:15 AM, CLE2CRUISE said:

What color will my seapass card be for someone who has never been on a single night's cruise before? Is it thin and yellow like a post-it note?? Will I be shunned as I walk down the hall and have people run in the opposite direction?? 😄

Lisa N.

Lol!  My favorite post of the day 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TITISSA said:

Thank you. Is it considered Sea, Sky, or Star Class? On the Navigator (I don't know if it changes on every ship).

None of those.  The suite classes are only on Oasis and Quantum class ships.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

None of those.  The suite classes are only on Oasis and Quantum class ships.

Thank you. Does Junior suite have access to the suite lounge on the Navigator of the Seas? 

39 minutes ago, TITISSA said:

Thank you. Does Junior suite have access to the suite lounge on the Navigator of the Seas? 

Junior Suite in and of itself has no access to lounges on any ship.

So I can't stand lanyards, but my kids must have them (bc they're young and have no purse yet), SO if they have plum cards, does that make them snobs? I guess I have to buy them the WOW bands and leave their lanyards in the room. 

Mandy  I am with you, don't walk around with a purse on cruises and don't want my card falling out of a pocket and learn later I lost it, so it goes around my neck. What is the reason many don't like seeing cards on lanyards. i pay more attention to how friendly someone is then what is around their neck. :classic_smile:

14 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Mandy  I am with you, don't walk around with a purse on cruises and don't want my card falling out of a pocket and learn later I lost it, so it goes around my neck. What is the reason many don't like seeing cards on lanyards. i pay more attention to how friendly someone is then what is around their neck. :classic_smile:

I agree with you,  I wear mine around my neck simply because most of womens outfits do not always have pockets, I do not wish to carry a purse with me everywhere not even some type of bag.  So my choices are to either have my husband carry it in his pocket which is a pain, or put it on a lanyard.  Personally I never even noticed the difference in card colors or ever realized there were different card colors until I traveled Star class and received the plum card.  Sorry if that makes me a snob.  If you go around judging people by the color of their sea pass card you are probably missing out on meeting some very nice people.

Edited by PSJCruiser
change signature
  • Like 1

I've never understood why some ladies carry around a bag big enough to hold a week's worth of groceries.  You can't need or use cash.  All you need is the card on a lanyard, unless you have some sort of medical issue and need some protection.

I carry lipstick, and perfume to touch up and cash to tip throughout the day.

That doesn't require a "big bag large enough to hold a week's worth of groceries" it's called a CLUTCH.

We all have different priorities.

I don't go to a resort and hang my hotel key from my neck I'm not doing it on a cruise ship either.

I also love that other people find it convenient.

Not for me that's all.  

On 4/22/2018 at 7:46 PM, sergeant655 said:

They might have got rid of the silver card for junior suites on Navigator I got a blue card an am staying in a junior suite

Stayed in JS on Freedom in Feb and the card was silver. JS on Alllure in April and the  card was blue. Go figure.

My card recently on NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS.  Diamond member in a regular cabin.  I believe this is the latest design for standard SeaPass card.  I quite liked it and it was time for a card upgrade.    

IMG_3258.jpg

Edited by eroller

13 hours ago, amyhphoto said:

I don't go to a resort and hang my hotel key from my neck I'm not doing it on a cruise ship either.

I also love that other people find it convenient.

Not for me that's all.  

But at a resort, you don't need to swipe your room key for things you buy.

What I do not understand is why people even care about the color of other people’s sea pass cards or how they carry them.  As far as how we carry them is our individual choice.  Mine for my convenience only.  I use a lanyard.  I wear a badge for work 9 hours a day 5 days a week, I no longer notice something hanging there.  As much as I have to show it on the ship it is just a convenience for me.  Some people like to carry them on a wrist band, others in their pockets.  It is an individual choice.  I did not suddenly start wearing it on a lanyard when I traveled Star class so everyone could see the color of my card.  I could care less what color sea pass cards anyone else has.  If they are different than mine I do not notice.  Why does everyone assume that if you wear it around your neck you are trying to show off?  Half the people on the ship have it around their neck.  I fail to see the huge deal here.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:58 PM, amyhphoto said:

So I can't stand lanyards, but my kids must have them (bc they're young and have no purse yet), SO if they have plum cards, does that make them snobs? I guess I have to buy them the WOW bands and leave their lanyards in the room. 

wow bands do not always work well.  Especially at bars.  I prefer the lanyards- easy and work all of the time.  If it is the evening, and I am carrying lipstick and a comb in a small purse, I put the lanyard in the purse.  If I wear a watch and bracelet , I do not need a bright yellow "hospital type" band around my wrist.  Too each his/her own.

On 8/4/2017 at 11:15 AM, CLE2CRUISE said:

Is it thin and yellow like a post-it note?? Will I be shunned as I walk down the hall and have people run in the opposite direction?? 😄

Lisa N.

no but you can always join the some of the suites guess and diamond plus who love to show them  everywhere they go lol

• 5 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 7:04 PM, eroller said:

My card recently on NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS.  Diamond member in a regular cabin.  I believe this is the latest design for standard SeaPass card.  I quite liked it and it was time for a card upgrade.    

IMG_3258.jpg

Just curious: Is the main color of the card blue, purple or gray? I can't really tell, but I like the look of it!

10 minutes ago, ashley@cruisecritic said:

Just curious: Is the main color of the card blue, purple or gray? I can't really tell, but I like the look of it!

You beat me to the question...I was about to ask the same thing.

I'm colorblind.

• Like 1

On my Mediterranean cruise earlier this year there was different coloured cards depending if you boarded in Barcelona or Civitavecchia doubling the possible colours around. First time I saw orange cards but it make sense to distinguish between the constant overlap of 2 different cruises essentially