Oceanview Guarantee, What a JOKE!

Fun4Brenda

Booked two cabins at the same time, oceanview guarantee, traveling with immediate family. Carnival has assigned us cabins on separate floors, isn't that nice? One is a category 6B & other 6C. Even offered to take the lower categories as long as the rooms are nearby, don't even have to be next door to each other. For $300, they will downgrade us. Have been on over 25 plus cruises, 15 with Carnival, and I am a platinum carnival member. Totally aggravated with Carnival & their greediness.

Unfortunately I side with Carnival on this one.. when you choose guarantee rate, your cabin/floor assignment is not for you to decide.. you have decided to leave it up to Carnival to assign for you. If you wanted to choose your own cabin/floor you shouldn't have chosen guarantee rate. Just saying.

From what I gather, and I haven't read the fine print, the only guarantee is that you will have, at a minimum, OV cabins and there is no guarantee of location. If this is true, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken, you got what you were supposed to get...2 OV cabins. You did not book specific cabins, by your own choice I presume. I can understand your disappointment of not having cabins next to or close to each other, but I'm not sure you have a grieveance with CCL.

Unfortunately I side with Carnival on this one.. when you choose guarantee rate, your cabin/floor assignment is not for you to decide.. you have decided to leave it up to Carnival to assign for you. If you wanted to choose your own cabin/floor you shouldn't have chosen guarantee rate. Just saying.

mosiegirl is right on with this one. It's too bad you're unhappy with your room assignments but that is what happens when you select guarantee. You need to understand that you may end up in lowest category that you select.

Unless things are changed, I have traveled with immediate family before & had never had this issue. The reservations were linked together & we had rooms nearby. The kicker on this deal is one of the family members may need assistance during the cruise and if so we would have to scramble up a deck or so in case of an emergency.

I'm sorry, but I'm siding with Carnival on this one as well. I pay a lot of extra money to select my cabin.

If you want to pick where they are located you have to pay for that. You don't have any say in that when you book a guarantee. That's why it's the cheapest option. There's no guarantee when you are booking 2 cabins they will be anywhere near each other, although for some it has happened.

We have booked guarantee cabins for our upcoming cruise. We have 4 cabins total. Originally we had chosen our cabins, but changed to a guarantee because we save $500 on each cabin. We understand that even though our reservations are linked we may all be scattered all over the ship, but we are okay with that. Had we really needed to be close together, such as someone needing assistance or traveling with children in separate cabin, we would have never booked guarantee. I believe the OP has been very fortunate in the past with getting guarantee cabins near each other. IMHO, is is not fair to blame this on Carnival.

I would never book a guarantee if we are traveling with the family or a group and wanted cabins nearby. We always choose our cabins AND link the reservations with a note that says do not upgrade.

You booked the lower rate and the nature of the guarantee is that you could be moved to any category.

Did you try to call your PCC to see if there was anything that could be done?

That's exactly right. Book with a decent travel agent and they will advice you not to take a chance on a GTY if you want two room together.

Based in the OPs logic, I should have been FURIOUS with Carnival!

My husband and I booked 2 cabins - ours we chose our balcony cabin because we wanted a specific one, but for our 20-something daughter & friend we opted for "guarantee" balcony because they don't care two rats behinds where they are on the ship, as long as they're on the ship, and we "treated" them to a balcony at a greatly discounted rate by letting Carnival choose it for them.

Here comes the infuriating part...they ended up in a balcony suite! That's right they ended up several categories higher than we would have even paid for ourselves!

Oh ho ho the laughs we got over that! :eek::eek: Our kid tells us "choose guarantee" for me anytime!

Just because you book two cabins of the same category does not mean they will be together when utilizing the less expensive assigned category.

I take it your grandchild will not be in the room alone. And again if it was that important to be near her, then you should have picked your own cabins. If there was absolutely nothing left even on the same floor, then that means a last minute booking where you should have expected to get what you got: literally what's left over.

I have to side with Carnival on this one. No hateful comments or abuse though. I just don't think you can be mad at them when you chose OV Guarantee instead of booking 2 rooms together. Any booking of a Guarantee category allows them to choose the room, wherever it may be. Having booked 2 rooms doesn't ensure they will be together. I think you need to mad at yourself on this one. Just my .02.

:eek: If I paid for it, dang sure that suite would be mine!! :D

Based in the OPs logic, I should have been FURIOUS with Carnival!

My husband and I booked 2 cabins - ours we chose our balcony cabin because we wanted a specific one, but for our 20-something daughter & friend we opted for "guarantee" balcony because they don't care two rats behinds where they are on the ship, as long as they're on the ship, and we "treated" them to a balcony at a greatly discounted rate by letting Carnival choose it for them.

Here comes the infuriating part...they ended up in a balcony suite! That's right they ended up several categories higher than we would have even paid for ourselves!

Oh ho ho the laughs we got over that! :eek::eek: Our kid tells us "choose guarantee" for me anytime!

I'm not sure why the OP is upset. She paid for a guarantee room. Since she is a self-proclaimed Platinum VIFP member, she presumably knew the terms and conditions of booking a guarantee room at the lower rate. Carnival delivers her exactly what she paid for and now Carnival is being greedy for giving her exactly what she paid for?

I don't see how Carnival is at fault. If being within a stone's throw of your family at all times is THAT important, then it is your responsibility to make sure that happens. Instead of trying to save a few bucks, pay the higher rate next time and book the rooms yourself that are closer together.

It seems to me that you booked two guaranteed ocean view rooms, and you received exactly that...two ocean view rooms.

I'm sorry you didn't deem it necessary to book assigned cabins close together, which is what you really wanted.

Lesson learned. I hope that you can enjoy your cruise.

But seriously, I don't think Carnival wronged you in any way on this one.

Edited by BK512

I guess I have been lucky with guarantee cabins. Mine have always been together, or at least in the same vicinity, on the same deck. We do take a chance when selecting this rate, and the lower price paid, is one of the benefits of getting a higher category cabin. I'm booked in an inside room right now using the early saver rate right. If a lower rate/promo comes along for a guarantee rate, and it is for an OCV or balcony, I'll probably take it as I normally do. But, for this cruise we've decided to stay in an inside cabin as long as possible to see what the possible OBC would be from possible price drops if we stayed put. These possibilities is solely based on past cruises, and may or may not happen.

I think perhaps you are getting a reaction because by the title of the thread you seem angry, and since you got exactly what you paid for the anger is misplaced. I can understand being disappointed or hoping you were booked in a better class but that is always the gamble with taking a guarantee cabin. I don't ever book guarantee because DH gets sea sick like from the thrusters at the back of the ship. An Aft wrap would be a bad thing for us. I wish thinks could have worked out better for you.