BOGO+1 Happy Hour

TriumphGuy

I went to most BOGO$1. They of course were very popular and the venue was generally very crowded. I never saw any drunks as some have claimed as it would be difficult to get into that condition in one hour where the drinks were coming slowly due to the crowd. While some may well have taken drinks back to their staterooms, most were drinking mixed drinks that would make that most difficult. I did notice that if beer or other bottled drink was ordered, they opened it which would make it difficult to save for later. As per usual the biggest group of complainers were the non-drinkers. Leave it to a minority to spoil the fun for the majority when the minority were not even impacted. If you did not like the BOGO$1, simply go to another part of the ship as there were plenty of places to go.

If Princess thought there were reasons to eliminate happy hour (don't agree there were) not sure why they eliminated the late night drink specials at the bar where the DJ played. These bars/dance areas can be dead many nights and drink specials might bring in more people. Seems like they have overreacted to a few people's complaints. Maybe we all need to contact Princess and let them know how we feel.

If Princess thought there were reasons to eliminate happy hour (don't agree there were) not sure why they eliminated the late night drink specials at the bar where the DJ played. These bars/dance areas can be dead many nights and drink specials might bring in more people. Seems like they have overreacted to a few people's complaints. Maybe we all need to contact Princess and let them know how we feel.

They'll find out for themselves very shortly.:rolleyes:

Maybe we all need to contact Princess and let them know how we feel.

And that is just what I did!

Personally, I think they viewed it as a "lost income stream". I'll be interested to see what they have cooked up to replace BOGO+1, if anything. You can pretty much bet it will end not being the reasonable deal it was before.

I know it's prolly as much a social thing, as a financial thing...

but how much did you save in drinks by going to a bogo+1 on say a 7 day cruise...

knowing at least 3, if not 4 or more of those days are port days

did they adjust the bogo+1 times to factor in at sea and port days?

Let me guess: you were also the kid who raised his hand to remind the teacher she forgot to assign homework? Also, your last sentence reeks of irony. By complaining to Princess, you were the minority who ruined it for everyone else.

At least you focused on the issue, and avoided any personal attacks.

Wow, we haven't experienced that at all. Perhaps it's because we do longer cruises which seems to attract an older crowd? We would meet a group in the Wheelhouse Bar, enjoy a couple drinks and socialize. Absolute zero rowdiness witnessed.

It is a shame that a few ruin it for others.

Maybe we just hang out with a more civilized crowd. ;)

And that is just what I did!

Personally, I think they viewed it as a "lost income stream". I'll be interested to see what they have cooked up to replace BOGO+1, if anything. You can pretty much bet it will end not being the reasonable deal it was before.

All this will only lead to more smuggling. :cool:

Edited by floridalover5623

Wow, we haven't experienced that at all. Perhaps it's because we do longer cruises which seems to attract an older crowd? We would meet a group in the Wheelhouse Bar, enjoy a couple drinks and socialize. Absolute zero rowdiness witnessed.

It is a shame that a few ruin it for others.

Could not have said it better myself. Never ever seen anything like a "rowdy" BOGO crowd on a Princess ship.

Could not have said it better myself. Never ever seen anything like a "rowdy" BOGO crowd on a Princess ship.
Been on 12 Princess cruises never seen a "rowdy" happy hour.

Friend recently returned from a cruise on Sapphire. One of the Wheelhouse staff told him he was 25% down on his tips since Princess scrapped Bogoff + 1.

Sent from my CUBOT MAGIC using Forums mobile app

To everyone commenting on the AIBP that is also a thing of the past. The current beverage package is the PBP which limits you to 15 drinks a day so no longer unlimited drinks.

Point taken. Thanks for the correction, but I would hazard a guess that for most people 15 drinks a day is pretty much their limit. Thus unlimited is mute.

Also for the cruiser commenting that the taking the excess back to the cabin was the nail in the coffin I would like to see the actual evidence of that. That may not be the real reason for the BOGO cancellation at all.

Our next cruise is 28 days so I roughly calculate that if we both ordered 2 BOGO +$1 drinks, that would be 4 one dollar drinks, or 112 for the 28 days. At $5 each that is about $560. Remember even though the BOGO only last one hour we can have our last rounds at the end and continue to drink them after BOGO is over. That is a significant savings. Without the BOGO we probably will only order the original 2 drinks each and maybe not every day. Hard to tell if Princess looses in this scenario. Making sure Princess makes maximum profit is not our responsibility.

I did contact princess and got the same blow off letter others have gotten.

Been on 12 Princess cruises never seen a "rowdy" happy hour.

Friend recently returned from a cruise on Sapphire. One of the Wheelhouse staff told him he was 25% down on his tips since Princess scrapped Bogoff + 1.

Sent from my CUBOT MAGIC using Forums mobile app

I believe that for sure.

I can't wait to talk to my friend that works on the CB & get his view on the whole thing. He moved up to being a bartender from a barista to get the extra money from tips and now that's pretty much been cut way back.

Many are sad about the demise of the bogo. We are not. I wrote to Princess and told them we found the event disruptive as it seemed many attendees were out of control and obnoxious. My response from them was that they had received many similar comments, from those who do not prefer the atmosphere this promotion sometimes creates. Many of the bartenders expressed to us how rude and unruly SOME of the patrons were. Thanks againt to the minority that ruins it for the rest

We have attended many happy hours over the past few years and never, ever experienced any rowdyness or rude people. The crew was also very helpful and I can't recall a complaint about the clientele. Indeed, the bar staff was always quick to suggest a last minute order to stock up the fridge. They would also replace any beer you brought down from your fridge with a cold one without asking.

I'm one of those that only drank booze during happy hour, if I missed it, no booze for me. I've also ordered 3 beers and gotten 3 free. Asked the bartender not to open them and took them back to my room. Always accommodated.

Yep, I tipped for the beers going back to the room. Other than that, I leave the suggested grats on and let that be the tips I leave. I don't tip more during the cruise, I figure that's what the OPTIONAL gratuity is for.

I'm disappointed that there'll no longer be b1g1 $1. I might finally take advantage of the suite/elite mixer drinks, I'm there anyhow eating the fancy munchies. Will it ruin my entire cruise. Nope! Gonna roll with it!

Sadly the buy one get one for an additional $1 is gone. But they do have the Buy Two, Get Two deal(?) at every bar.

Please elaborate, do you mean if I buy 2 drinks I receive 2 free What lounge & tome have this deal.

Please elaborate, do you mean if I buy 2 drinks I receive 2 free What lounge & tome have this deal.

Poster was being humorous. Saying that if you pay for two drinks, that is exactly what you will get.