Feedback on "Escape the Big Top" escape room game

BirdTravels

We have [unsuccessfully] visited escape rooms on land as part of group activities.

I am looking for feedback on the new Escape the Big Top on NCL. We're on the Breakaway soon and wanted to know if it is geared more towards younger (kids) cruiser or whether [much] older guests would enjoy the activity.

We have [unsuccessfully] visited escape rooms on land as part of group activities.

I am looking for feedback on the new Escape the Big Top on NCL. We're on the Breakaway soon and wanted to know if it is geared more towards younger (kids) cruiser or whether [much] older guests would enjoy the activity.

I have read another thread that it is geared for older people since they have stated it would be hard for anyone under 12. A teenager working a puzzle like that is not much different then a 20 or 30 year old. Even older may just just have a different way of looking at things.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I was wondering if anyone had recent Escape dailies that have the Escape Room times on it. Or maybe someone who was recently on Escape can just tell me?

I've seen the Getaway dailies but I don't know if the times are similar on Escape.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just off the Epic and was pleased to find Escape the Big Top, by the time I found out about it only a couple of spots were left for the date/time I needed. It is popular and you should book it as soon as you get on board (if you need specific day/time). That being said they did let extra people in who showed up hoping to do stand by.

Our group of 8 had one child (IDK 10yrs old ?) in it and he was really excited about it and did just as well as the adults (who were scratching our heads). Two other families brought their toddlers (3 yrs or so) and were so into the game they totally neglected caring for their children. Their children were just walking around the room, getting into things the way children do, standing on chairs, no one got hurt thankfully.

I was wondering if anyone had recent Escape dailies that have the Escape Room times on it. Or maybe someone who was recently on Escape can just tell me?

I've seen the Getaway dailies but I don't know if the times are similar on Escape.

Thanks!

Here is some information from another thread regarding the Escape room....post #129:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2482638&page=7

• 3 months later...
is it a physical thing-or figuring a puzzle type of thing-how would seniors,not the most mobile in the world do

It is solving puzzles. Not anything very active. You may have to move from one part of the room to another as some puzzles are in different parts of the room. With the last in the center stage area of the supper club however only one person from your group needs to go on stage to see if you are correct.

In my group I only visited a handful of the puzzle. My group split up and each of use worked different puzzles. Others stayed together.

Without really giving away anything since they tell you this at the start... You can do the puzzles in any order except the last which you use your answers from the others to solve the code to the box to get access to the last puzzle to win the game

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Thanks!

I think they may change times anyway. I'm just back from the Baltic on the Getaway. Previous dailies showed Escape room scheduled for sea days but on our cruise it was for when we were in St Petersburg so we couldn't go.

Just off the Epic and was pleased to find Escape the Big Top, by the time I found out about it only a couple of spots were left for the date/time I needed. It is popular and you should book it as soon as you get on board (if you need specific day/time). That being said they did let extra people in who showed up hoping to do stand by.

Our group of 8 had one child (IDK 10yrs old ?) in it and he was really excited about it and did just as well as the adults (who were scratching our heads). Two other families brought their toddlers (3 yrs or so) and were so into the game they totally neglected caring for their children. Their children were just walking around the room, getting into things the way children do, standing on chairs, no one got hurt thankfully.

We will be on Epic on the 27th of this month. Do you happen to remember what day/days it was offered? And where do we go to book it? Thanks so much in advance.

We were on the Getaway in May with friends and The Escape Room was a first for all of us. I don't know if children would be successful, but we are all 60 yrs old and if it was up to us to get out, literally, we would still be there today! Try it! What do you have to lose, it's free!

• 2 weeks later...
Where do you sign up for it? I noticed that they don't open up reservations until we are on board.

Thanks!

box office on the ship or the kiosk around the ship. they will be times on the daily with a time and location to do it too

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone have an idea of what days/times this is offered on the Getaway? The link to the Dailies in this thread is not working and I want to make sure we plan around it.
The time changes on each cruise as I looked over dailies before our cruise and the time slots changed. We ended up with about 10 in our group. They try and keep it to around 8 per group. It was well worth our time, plenty of fun. Sign up early, box office has all the time slots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We did 8:30 p.m on Wednesday. On our sailing, there was also 9 p.m. Thursday and midnight on Tuesday. Seems like there were two other times but I can’t remember those. Ours was the earliest all week, though.

We were on the Breakaway in October and we did Escape the BigTop and enjoyed it, there were 2 younger kids with the family that we were grouped with and the one did well (he was older). My husband and I enjoyed it, some of the group went to each station to get clues and myself and another lady stayed at the table doing those clues, it is something that any age (that understands the puzzles) can enjoy. You do need to make reservations, as it fills up. We tried to do all of our reservations either before we left or the first evening on board.

• 2 weeks later...
We were on the Breakaway in October and we did Escape the BigTop and enjoyed it, there were 2 younger kids with the family that we were grouped with and the one did well (he was older). My husband and I enjoyed it, some of the group went to each station to get clues and myself and another lady stayed at the table doing those clues, it is something that any age (that understands the puzzles) can enjoy. You do need to make reservations, as it fills up. We tried to do all of our reservations either before we left or the first evening on board.

Curious, how were able to arrange the reservation before you left? I tried by calling NCL and was not able to. Thanks in advance!

Curious, how were able to arrange the reservation before you left? I tried by calling NCL and was not able to. Thanks in advance!

When we were on the breakaway last summer, it could only be booked directly at the box office onboard. (Or, in our case, through the concierge).

.... and it did sell out fast