In-cabin robes

elycelynne

Do they only come in one size, or do they offer a plus-size option upon request? I unfortunately fall under that category (truly plus-size, not just on the size 14-16 cusp).

The robes are "one size fits skinny folks". I fall into the 16-18 category...definitely not skinny, but not shaped like a bowling ball, either. The robes are too small for me.

When they're new, they're a decent size, but not huge. After repeated washings they are truly SMALL.

I saw a post by a woman who described herself as "a small woman". She said the robe didn't fit at all as it wasn't big enough. I've never had a Princess robe to try it out. We always checked the box for robes in the room on the personalizer but the robes never materialized and we didn't hassle the steward for them as, from reading multiple posts here about the robes, we figured they wouldn't fit anyway.

I saw a post by a woman who described herself as "a small woman". She said the robe didn't fit at all as it wasn't big enough. I've never had a Princess robe to try it out. We always checked the box for robes in the room on the personalizer but the robes never materialized and we didn't hassle the steward for them as, from reading multiple posts here about the robes, we figured they wouldn't fit anyway.

We typically ask for robes in the personalizer and have yet to receive them when we arrive in the cabin. The robes are washed before they are given out, so that is why they may be slightly delayed. Don't hesitate to ask your Steward, they are there for such things and will not feel hassled. We are not plus sized people and find that they are OK sized.

I agree that the result of requesting the robes on the cruise personalizer is iffy. We have always specified it and had the following results:

• Robes were hanging in the closet when we arrived at our cabin.
  • There were no robes in the closet, but the steward asked if we wanted them and fetched them.
  • There were no robes in the closet, the steward did not mention it, and we did not think of it until two or three days into the cruise.

:rolleyes:

On our last two cruises we did get robes, and, I have to say, they were pretty nice. I never used them but Mrs. XBGuy seemed to like them, a lot. I suspect that the ships we were on (the Crown and the Ruby) had just received new inventories.

We check the box on our Princess personalizer and robes have been waiting for us most cruises. Generally, we use them in our cabin or for sitting on our balcony. We also use the robes when going to the spa when we purchase Lotus packages or to the hot tubs, in addition, they are handy to have close at hand when I’m getting into or out of the shower and the inopportune knock on the cabin door occurs. Size wise, they are just right for us, maybe a little large for my wife even.

On some lines there have been complaints abut dirty bathrobes left over from previous guests. On our last cruise when we arrived at our cabin we noticed no bathrobes. When our Steward showed I mentioned the absence of bathrobes but we had checked the box for two. He said, yes he knows that and as soon as the ship's laundry finishes up with them he will bring ours. What happens he said, is that Princess takes all bathrobes to the laundry as soon as leaving guests disembark. In this case it was almost the entire passenger complement that got off, so the laundry service was temporarily overwhelmed. He indicated that was the practice as long as he had been steward.

Edited by kennicott

Depends on what ship you are on. Some ships have new robes which are larger and more plush. Some still have the older smaller thin ones. On our Emerald cruise in June I think we had the newer robes.

In any case ask the steward for the largest robe they can find. There must be some large ones somewhere.

Sometimes we get them sometimes we don't. I'm not a small woman, more plump, [emoji4] and it's fit me just fine.

Nice to have if heading to the hot tubs but when we haven't gotten them in the room and then asked, we've been told there aren't any more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We check the box on our Princess personalizer and robes have been waiting for us most cruises. Generally, we use them in our cabin or for sitting on our balcony. We also use the robes when going to the spa when we purchase Lotus packages or to the hot tubs, in addition, they are handy to have close at hand when I’m getting into or out of the shower and the inopportune knock on the cabin door occurs. Size wise, they are just right for us, maybe a little large for my wife even.

On some lines there have been complaints abut dirty bathrobes left over from previous guests. On our last cruise when we arrived at our cabin we noticed no bathrobes. When our Steward showed I mentioned the absence of bathrobes but we had checked the box for two. He said, yes he knows that and as soon as the ship's laundry finishes up with them he will bring ours. What happens he said, is that Princess takes all bathrobes to the laundry as soon as leaving guests disembark. In this case it was almost the entire passenger complement that got off, so the laundry service was temporarily overwhelmed. He indicated that was the practice as long as he had been steward.

This seems to be a fairly normal circumstance, and you might wait until the next day to have them delivered.

...VTX-Al

A few of you have referred to requesting robes by ticking box in your personaliser. Can you tell me where I can find this box?

Don't know if it is because we are UK cruisers, or that we are on the brand new Majestic, but there is no Robes box on the personaliser for us to tick.

Don't know if it is because we are UK cruisers, or that we are on the brand new Majestic, but there is no Robes box on the personaliser for us to tick.

On our Feb 2017 booking as well as our January 2018 booking under personal preferences there is a yes/no selection for complimentary robe in your cabin. We are not on the Majestic. Do you think maybe this option will not be offered in Asia where the Majestic will be home ported?

I have always asked for robes before the cruise. Not that I wear them, as they are a little small. But I use the robe tie to tie up the extra hangers in the closet. This way they don't rattle around at night when I am sleeping if the sea is a little rough.

We are on the Emerald, sailing from Singapore next week, and this tick box does not appear in ou preferences section.

Maybe they think us Brits are hardy enough to cope without robes.

Sorry, meant to say we're on the Diamond. A gem of a mistake.