Reserving Pool Deck Chairs perfectly fine

jkneern

If I were to notice an empty chair aka flipflop chair for 20 mins I would take their chair. If they came back mad I would tell them straight up that they have been gone for around a half hour and the chair is no longer theirs after that long. But I'm not a small guy so unless the dude was over 6 foot and was a bodybuilder I don't think anybody is gonna push their luck trying to take it back.

I also never sit by the pool and will go round the ship a few times looking for 2 chairs near each other for me and my wife, as I will drag them to a better spot if need be . Honestly I only ever had a problem not finding a chair one time out of 5 cruises and like 9-10 sea days.

You would be breaking policy, the time is 40 minutes, no 20 or a half hour.

1. the hot tubs are not that hot

2. I'm always in the hot tub with my kids

The only time I"ve EVER been in a hot tub onboard ship that was actually hot was when I went first thing in the morning as soon as they opened on one cruise where we had the bed that pulled down from the ceiling. My son was too freaked out (he's never slept in a bunk bed) to sleep up there and my husband didn't want to sleep up there either because he's a big ol' boy so I took one for the team. I had to be in the hot tub every morning to relax my muscles, especially in my back, because the mattress on that bunk was super thin and sleeping on a thick sheet of metal is hard on the bones. :(

SWhat do you suggest they do with them? Leave their towel, coverup, sandals, sunscreen, etc. in their cabins and just walk back from the pool dripping wet?:confused:

You do that and you'll likely get yelled at by a crew member. It happened to us..we had towels but we were still dripping a little when we got into an elevator. Crew member berated us the entire ride back to the floor our room was on. It was embarrassing.

Sooo, what you're saying is, nobody is allowed to used the pool/hot tub while putting their belongings in a chair? What do you suggest they do with them? Leave their towel, coverup, sandals, sunscreen, etc. in their cabins and just walk back from the pool dripping wet?:confused:

I personally like to get a chair near the hot tub or pool I'm in so I can keep an eye on my stuff for people like you lbs.

Get your butt out of the hot tub or pool every half hour and spend a few minutes in the chair. Your sun screen needs re-applied every half hour anyway, and staying in a hot tub that long can raise your blood pressure dangerously high.

Frankly I think people should just steal the stuff off of chairs and there should be lockers for tote bags near the pool. If everyone got charged for failing to return the towel they checked out, that “someone “ stole off their abandoned chair, they would stop. And in the meantime a lot of otherwise nice people would waltz off the ship with a very nice souvenir collection, suitable for use in your home bathrooms. You’d never leave your wallet or cash lying around all day and everyone would tell you you deserved to have it stolen if you were that foolish.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hot tops are usually 104 and hotter. I hear these are far from hot tubs that the water is just warm, thus it will not harm the children.

Is this true?

Public hot tubs are electronically limited to a MAX temp of 104. Private home hot tubs typically have a means to bypass the 104 limit up to 107. However, hot tubs are NOT "usually 104 and hotter" the exact opposite is true, they are usually 104 or below.

You would be breaking policy, the time is 40 minutes, no 20 or a half hour.

Nope. As soon as a person gets up and sits down in another chair, they have just relinquished the chair they left. Of course, you don't have to believe me. Feel free to call security and they will explain it to you.

For what it is worth RCI, has same policy and I basically had to get loud with an attendant because they put a sticker on their chair and after 40 minutes things were to be removed. Needless to say 40 min. Came and went the other attendant wasn't going to take the things till I basically flipped out on him. So the rules aren't followed on other lines either

“Flipped out” because you couldn’t have the deck chair you wanted? For the life of me I can’t understand why so many get so worked up about this. It’s a chair by a small, noisy, overcrowded pool. Always plenty of seats in better places.

“Flipped out” because you couldn’t have the deck chair you wanted? For the life of me I can’t understand why so many get so worked up about this. It’s a chair by a small, noisy, overcrowded pool. Always plenty of seats in better places.

Agree, just have to worry about that “it is my vacation syndrome” that pops up here from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Chair Hog Song (to the tune of "It's My Party") :D

Nobody knows where the passenger's gone

She left her flip flops right there

To hold both of the loungers

Wonder which one is miiine?

It's my vacation and I'll hog chairs if I want to

Hog if I want to

Hog if I want to

You would hog too, if you know what's good for you (da da da da!)

Hoggin' the loungers, without sitting in them

Leave all my stuff for awhile

From mornin til night

I've got a reason to smile

It's my vacation and I'll hog chairs if I want to

Hog if I want to

Hog if I want to

You would hog too, if you know what's good for you

The passenger just walked right on up

Wearin' all her cruise bling

I gave her a big seaside surprise

When she asked "Where's my things?"

It's my vacation and I'll sit if I want to

Sit if I want to

Sit if I want to

It's my vacation and I'll sit if I want to

You would sit too, if you know what's good for you

:D:'):D

Public hot tubs are electronically limited to a MAX temp of 104. Private home hot tubs typically have a means to bypass the 104 limit up to 107. However, hot tubs are NOT "usually 104 and hotter" the exact opposite is true, they are usually 104 or below.

I own a hot tub, 107 is not tolerable or healthy. 104 is still quite hot as well, not well tolerated for more than 10-15 minutes. I asked the Cloud 9 Spa attendant about the Thermal pool and she said it's kept around 37-30 degrees Celsius which is about 100 F. The hot tubs around the pool are not any hotter. When you see someone in the hot tub over an hour, guaranteed it's not over 100. I keep mine 102-102 in the summer and 102-103 in the winter.

Back to the chair hogs, you are all rude