Platinum dinner at Cagneys : charge for sides

QCruiser82

I've been a platinum latitudes member for the last few cruises I've done and have always enjoyed my free dinner perk at Cagneys.

I know there's now two dinner certificates, but my question is specifically to the Cagneys voucher as my recent experience (Oct 2017) is that all sides are now chargeable when redeeming your voucher.

So it's one app, one main, one desert included but any sides cost extra. I questioned this with the server who said it was a new thing - but would double check; his supervisor confirmed the change.

It's no big deal as they're only $2 each, but it does seem cheap! A free steak, but charging $2 for the fries!?

This was on the NCL Star this month. Do folk know about this? Have I just missed this change being announced?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been a platinum latitudes member for the last few cruises I've done and have always enjoyed my free dinner perk at Cagneys.

I know there's now two dinner certificates, but my question is specifically to the Cagneys voucher as my recent experience (Oct 2017) is that all sides are now chargeable when redeeming your voucher.

So it's one app, one main, one desert included but any sides cost extra. I questioned this with the server who said it was a new thing - but would double check; his supervisor confirmed the change.

It's no big deal as they're only $2 each, but it does seem cheap! A free steak, but charging $2 for the fries!?

This was on the NCL Star this month. Do folk know about this? Have I just missed this change being announced?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Been that way for a while...since about the time they went a la carte. No idea why they told you it was "new" unless they were trying to be nice and avoid a big back and forth over the topic.

Let me walk back my previous comment a little. It appears that a change has been posted to the Latitude Rewards page...

What do the specialty dinner benefits cover?

This benefit offers two dinners for two at a specialty restaurant for Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador guests. Each stateroom will receive a voucher in their Welcome Back card on embarkation day for:

• - One dinner for two at Cagney’s or Le Bistro with a bottle of wine
  • - One dinner for two at Moderno or La Cucina

This benefit is no longer delivered per guest but now delivered per stateroom. Service charges are included in this benefit.

Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice. Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. Any entrée item under $20 includes one side. For any entrée item over $20, sides are at an additional cost. Entrée items Cote De Boeuf Pour Deux in Le Bistro, is a shared dish and will be treated as two entrées.

It would seem that if the entree you select is priced under $20, you get one free side and pay or any others. If you entree is over $20, then you have to pay for all sides ordered.

Any entrée item under $20 includes one side.

That is really cheap and nasty, will be interested to see what happens when we embark later this week.

Totally!! Since you are paying the difference over $20, they should still give you a side.

You've got to be kidding. This is a FREE perk.

I have been on 8 cruises since Cagney's was added. It appears discretionary with the particular ship. It is STATED what the coupon includes, which is NOT a side. if you get the side it's a gift for that particular meal and wouldn't expect it. . I wouldn't be bad mouthing anyone because they adhere to what is written.

Just returned on the Pearl. We were told we could order 1 side. I was debating what I wanted and waiter offered to let me have 2, (wink, wink). Very nice of him and ended up skipping dessert as we were stuffed. He offered to have it delivered to our cabin .:D Very good staff and service.

We've never had any limits imposed or discussed at Cagney's using the new Platinum voucher, but haven't been on a cruise since June. The limit on app's was pointed out once at Le Bistro, we said "do what you have to do," but weren't charged anything. We're on the Jewel next month and guess will see what happens there. But, really, who can eat a steak without onion rings, a baked potato, broccoli, and "just a bite" of mac & cheese? How we might suffer. ;)

If I go to Cagneys with another couple, we have sdp, they don't, can I use the platinum certificate on them?

"Legally" not as it is not transferable but talk "nicely" to the staff and see whether they will accommodate you.

This perk is not transferable. Take one of them as a guest.

We have just come off the NCL Getaway, we weren’t charged for sides but we were limited to $20 per main meal and 2 free sides. I would rather have the steak and pay for sides but we were not allowed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if we could go to the buffet and fill a plate with "sides" and take it to Cagney's to eat with our restricted meal???,,,,

Del Rio and company evidently don't care to have platinums on their ships.

Their antics have encouraged me to book several recent cruises with lines that appreciate my business.

We were on the Sun last month and Cagneys made it very clear that we could only have one app ( that would be an app, soup or salad) and a dessert. Since we chose the 20.00 steak, a potato or anything else was extra. I know the extra charge wasn't a lot but I felt insulted as Platinum so we had no sides.