A video review: What I Loved About Carnival Vista

Spaniel Lover

I was recently on the 8-day Southern Caribbean cruise on Carnival Vista in a Havana Suite... and I absolutely loved it. This was my 27th Carnival cruise, and clearly the best of them all. I noticed several new things about Carnival Vista that the other ships in the fleet don't have, including but certainly not limited to the uncrowded Havana pool area that only about 130 of 4600 passengers have access to during the day.

If you have 13 minutes available to watch my video review,

or watch the small-screen version here on Cruise Critic:

-KA89LvnBsg

Let me know what you think about it, and feel free to ask questions.

What a great video! We are sailing the 8 day Southern Caribbean on the Vista in December 2017. No Havana cabins were available for 3 people so we are in a standard balcony. I always have to do some work on vacation (emails & daily spreadsheets) so I'm sorry to hear that the internet isn't that great. It was wonderful on Oasis of the Seas and my work was done in minutes.

Thanks for the great video review! And yes, the Wi-Fi on the ship WAS terrible. I think it's either a capacity issue or location-dependent.

The Havana pool "experience" opens to the general public at 7 pm, and our group went down there for drinks and to chat later one night (around 9 pm). It was uncrowded but difficult to have a conversation since the band playing inside was also piped outside...which I feel was a mistake.

Another option for a Havana cabin was the one our friends had -- a Havana aft-wrap on Deck 6. It wasn't quite as nice as the aft-wraps on the Conquest-class (there was no directly aft-facing portion of the balcony on Vista), but it was still nice.

Thanks for the great video review! And yes, the Wi-Fi on the ship WAS terrible. I think it's either a capacity issue or location-dependent.

It didn't seem to have anything to do with how many people were using it. I ran speedtests at all hours of the day and night... including times when all the other passengers were most likely asleep, like 5 AM. The Internet speed was consistently horrible.

Another option for a Havana cabin was the one our friends had -- a Havana aft-wrap on Deck 6. It wasn't quite as nice as the aft-wraps on the Conquest-class (there was no directly aft-facing portion of the balcony on Vista), but it was still nice.

I agree that an aft-wrap is a very attractive option to get access to the Havana pool area, but still have some privacy on your balcony, and an awesome view. Plus, you'd be able to look down at the Havana area and see how many people are down there before you headed down yourself. The thing that worries me about the aft-wraps on Carnival Vista is that they are one floor above the Havana bar. I imagine they get quite a bit of noise coming through the floor from the band playing below. I'm more intrigued by the aft-wraps on the upcoming Carnival Horizon... since the aft-wraps on decks 7 and above will all be Havana cabins with access to the Havana pool area. On Vista, the aft-wraps on decks 7 and above are NOT Havana cabins, but on Horizon they will be. When I get ready to book a cruise on the Horizon, it could very likely be in an aft-wrap somewhere several levels above the Havana bar.

Especially considering how I like to be able to shoot sunrise/sunset photos from my balcony... getting away from the Havana cabins on deck five is a strong possibility for my next cruise on a Vista-class ship. But I will miss that big shower in the Havana suite!

I really enjoyed your video! My group is doing a back to back in April! We have inside Havana cabins for the 6 day first leg and Havana balcony cabins for the 8 day! Now I can’t wait....183 days to go!! 🛳🌞😀

It didn't seem to have anything to do with how many people were using it. I ran speedtests at all hours of the day and night... including times when all the other passengers were most likely asleep, like 5 AM. The Internet speed was consistently horrible.

I noticed a slight improvement late at night...but only slight. Maybe it was more location-dependent? Has anyone ever noticed a correlation between itineraries (eastern vs. western vs. southern Caribbean) and Internet speeds?

I'll be on Royal in February and am really curious about their much-ballyhooed "new and improved" internet service. It was dreadful a few years ago.

I agree that an aft-wrap is a very attractive option to get access to the Havana pool area, but still have some privacy on your balcony, and an awesome view. Plus, you'd be able to look down at the Havana area and see how many people are down there before you headed down yourself. The thing that worries me about the aft-wraps on Carnival Vista is that they are one floor above the Havana bar. I imagine they get quite a bit of noise coming through the floor from the band playing below.

Good point. I just asked my friends who stayed in the aft-wrap and they say they noticed some noise, but that it was more from the PA outside and below their balcony than from the band performing by the Havana Bar. "Not loud at all inside the room, but it was louder on the balcony."

I'm more intrigued by the aft-wraps on the upcoming Carnival Horizon... since the aft-wraps on decks 7 and above will all be Havana cabins with access to the Havana pool area. On Vista, the aft-wraps on decks 7 and above are NOT Havana cabins, but on Horizon they will be. When I get ready to book a cruise on the Horizon, it could very likely be in an aft-wrap somewhere several levels above the Havana bar.

I'm thinking Carnival noticed the Havana Outside area has been a little underutilized and could stand a few more cabins added to the pile. Plus, of course, more money from Havana fares. :)

Especially considering how I like to be able to shoot sunrise/sunset photos from my balcony... getting away from the Havana cabins on deck five is a strong possibility for my next cruise on a Vista-class ship. But I will miss that big shower in the Havana suite!
Apparently we'll be getting a bathtub and shower in February (Grand Suite). It'll be an experience for me, as I've never had a suite before and only had a balcony twice...paid for it once.

My friend Kathy also likes to take sunrise and sunset pics from the ship, and she was overjoyed when we discovered the "secret decks" entrance from Deck 10, just a few steps down the corridor from our room. Great unobstructed views and great shots from over the bridge wings.