Need help with FLL lodging

missingtn

My husband, 4 kids, 2 of the kids friends and I are planning on sailing out of FLL Jan 6, 2017. We are flying in the day before from Anchorage, AK. I need to know about hotels that have transportation from the airport and transportation to the port....anyone have any recommendations? I would love for it to be close to a beach/easy beach access and close to dining options.

This will be our first time on RC and I am sure I will have tons of questions. We have always sailed DCL, but we have all decided we want to try put RC!

My husband, 4 kids, 2 of the kids friends and I are planning on sailing out of FLL Jan 6, 2017. We are flying in the day before from Anchorage, AK. I need to know about hotels that have transportation from the airport and transportation to the port....anyone have any recommendations? I would love for it to be close to a beach/easy beach access and close to dining options.

This will be our first time on RC and I am sure I will have tons of questions. We have always sailed DCL, but we have all decided we want to try put RC!

WQe have used the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach several times. Free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the cruise port, free internet, and free breakfast. Not near the beach, but walking distance to some dining options.

For more ideas, I would ask this question on the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

I've stayed at the Hyatt Place 17th St. They have a free airport shuttle and shuttle to the port which is about $7 pp. You can also leave your car at the hotel for at a rate of $7 per day.

Depending on when you're going you may find good deals through valuetrips.com

Edited by dcgrumpy

Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn. It just went through a complete renovation. It is only 1 block from the beach. Restaurants are nearby. It is reasonably priced. It has a pool and free breakfast. No transportation from the airport to the hotel, but taxis are not expensive in Fort Lauderdale. They have a shuttle that goes over to the port. Look it up on tripadvisor. You can see the difference in the pictures from the old look to the new renovated version.

Hyatt regency pier 66, great rates on expedia and a great view of the ships in the morning

When we go to FLL we usually stay here

https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/hollywood/quality-inn-hotels/fl243

Free shuttle from the airport and I believe free to the ship or a minimal charge sorry it's been a while. Then for $10 or $15 they will pick you up at the ship after the cruise and take you to the airport. The hotel is clean and inexpensive with a Kmart and restaurants within walking distance.

Thanks' date=' clarea. Link was very good. Now, to find out Where the HARMONY will dock.

Great lodging suggestions, everyone. I really need to get something reserved.:)[/quote']

I am quite sure Harmony will dock at terminal 18. I don't think any other terminal can handle her. She will just take the spot of Oasis.

I would recommend the Harbor Beach Resort. It is close to the port, so a taxi ride is very inexpensive. Also it is right on the beach with plenty of room for the kids to play. There is a large swimming pool and a few restaurants onsite that were very good.

Make sure your room has a view, nothing like waking up to a wonderful sunrise.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllsb-fort-lauderdale-marriott-harbor-beach-resort-and-spa/

Embassy Suites on 17th. Two hours of free drinks in the evening, free cooked to order breakfast. They have shuttles to the port with each ship's name on signs in the lobby. We loved it in December and are going back in May.

I was waiting to see Embassy Suites, they have a cruise package that includes transfers from airport and to the pier. Also if you grab a larger suite you may get the eight of you in 1 suite. The drinks might not be as important with 6 kids but the breakfast would be!

We like the Double Tree Galleria. I just booked a two bedroom suite (1 king & 2 queen) for the DS, DIL, and two GD at $240 per night.

There is a water taxi stop just a few steps from the pool and a large mall across the street. Water taxi is a fun way to see the inter-coastal and find a place to eat.

I don't know about a shuttle as I booked a private limo to get us to the port. I booked a MBZ Sprinter (holds eight) for $160 including tip.

I wouldn't limit yourself to choices that have free transportation. Stay anywhere in the vicinity of the port, particularly along 17th Street, and you're within walking distance or a very inexpensive cab ride to anywhere you would want to go.

The Florida Departures board will have tons of info for you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

When we go to FLL we usually stay here

https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/hollywood/quality-inn-hotels/fl243

Free shuttle from the airport and I believe free to the ship or a minimal charge sorry it's been a while. Then for $10 or $15 they will pick you up at the ship after the cruise and take you to the airport. The hotel is clean and inexpensive with a Kmart and restaurants within walking distance.

For this one, book the Snooze and Cruise package and Shuttle to the Pier is free. The shuttle back to the Airport after the cruise is $10 pp. We have stayed there for all but 1 Cruise out of FLL and will stay for the upcoming Cruise as well. There are a few FF places nearby or a Dave and Busters is about a 10 minute walk. You can also arrange for a shuttle to take you to a restaurant if you want.

Hampton Inn - Airport North - W. 12th Ave. Free airport shuttle, cost to port $6/pp, free breakfast, free internet and pool. They have regular rooms and suites.

This is where we are staying at in June. Price was perfect for us.

We stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I travel for work so I get free rooms. They have a company that will pick you up and take you to the port on the day of your cruise. They also arrange to pick you up and take you to the Airport when you return. I cannot remember the cost but it was very reasonable. Pretty much any Hotel near the port offers services to get you to the port.

Best to book as early as you can. Depending on how many ships are in port that day it can be difficult to find a hotel room and they will get very expensive.

Enjoy your Cruise!

JoeRum

We always arrive at least 2 days early and like to stay at Westin Ft. Lauderdale beach so we can take advantage of the beautifu beach, shops and restaurants in the area. The rates are pretty reasonable and we feel as though our vacation has started before we even get on the ship.

If you are just wanting a place to sleep for the night, I'd go with one of the other suggestions that are close to port.

The Westin doesn't have a fee shuttle but as another poster mentioned, the taxi fare from the airport and to the port are very reasonable. Just don't get suckered into one of the shuttles that you do have to pay for that show up at the hotel. They will most certainly cost you more.

We always arrive at least 2 days early and like to stay at Westin Ft. Lauderdale beach so we can take advantage of the beautifu beach, shops and restaurants in the area. The rates are pretty reasonable and we feel as though our vacation has started before we even get on the ship.

If you are just wanting a place to sleep for the night, I'd go with one of the other suggestions that are close to port.

The Westin doesn't have a fee shuttle but as another poster mentioned, the taxi fare from the airport and to the port are very reasonable. Just don't get suckered into one of the shuttles that you do have to pay for that show up at the hotel. They will most certainly cost you more.

I'd love to stay at that hotel but $389 a night plus taxes per night just is a tad much for my frugal self.:eek:

To put it in perspective we have booked Hyatt Place cruise port for $159 for our cruise.:)

Bill

We stayed at the Renaissance Cruise Port the last few times. On our last cruise, we tried to save money by staying at a Fairfield. I got off the ship sick, and Fairfield didn't provide everything we needed. I was too sick to leave the room to go to a restaurant, and their dining delivery selections weren't the best. So, we switched to the Renaissance Cruise Port w/ a Walgreens across the street. They worked hard to take care of me, and also find a room at the last minute. And they had room service! DH went across the street a couple of times for medicine for me.

Edited by knittinggirl