So what is the bringing alcohol(wine) onboard policy? It's been a long time!

seabunny46

Each adult in your cabin can bring 1 750 ml bottle of wine on board at no charge. It must be consumed in your cabin. Additional bottles or the free bottle if consumed in the MDR will be charged a $15 per bottle corkage fee. It's supposed to be collected during the security checkin at a table setup for this purpose in the terminal.

Do you all bring wine etc onboard, and if so, so the methods from 10 years ago still hold true?

If you mean 2 bottles of wine are free of corkage fee...yes

Can I bring other types of alcohol?...no

Can I smuggle it?...not a good idea

Can I pack my wine in my suitcase?...carry-on only

Can I bring wine on board from a port of call?...yes

From the Princess alcohol FAQ: https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases.

*Princess Cruises is not responsible for any alcoholic beverages removed and discarded by shoreside security staff.

Such items are not eligible for monetary refund or replacement.

It’s been my experience when bringing wine from ports of call that is managed differently than the above alcohol procedure which applies to spirits. Wine is subject to a $15 per bottle fee (hit & miss) & then can be consumed anywhere onboard without any additional fee.

If you have wine that will be brought home, they’ll follow the above procedure to hold it without a fee until the last day of the cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

For the last 5 or 6 trips leaving from Ft Lauderdale I haven't even seen wine check-in table. You could have taken as much as you wanted.:D

CB in January had a table operating in pier2.

Princess is quite generous in their port policy if one brings a bottle of wine for the cabin. We seldom get corkage charged.

From the Princess alcohol FAQ: https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shoreside alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases.

*Princess Cruises is not responsible for any alcoholic beverages removed and discarded by shoreside security staff.

Such items are not eligible for monetary refund or replacement.

Can I assume this applies to their cruises worldwide? Didn't think about it when I did Black Sea cruise but have two European cruises this summer & would love bring some wine on board.

Can I assume this applies to their cruises worldwide? Didn't think about it when I did Black Sea cruise but have two European cruises this summer & would love bring some wine on board.

Yes & have done it many times around the world. Same thing with bringing wine onboard from ports.

We always bring our wine aboard usually one bottle for every day on the ship. Sometimes we are asked to pay the $15/bottle corking fee and sometimes not. Occasionally we run out before ending the cruise and buy more at a port stop. Again sometimes we are asked for the fee and sometimes not. The OP will find the policy to be flexible!

I have two stories. We were returning to PE and our second to last stop was Aruba. I did my usual perusing the duty free store and they had my favorite gin on sale. I bought two bottles and carried them out in the sack they gave me with their name on it. I returned to the ship, put my new purchase on the scanner belt and to my amazement the crew member handed my the bottles and did not say a word. They had not set up a liquor table so I took it up to our cabin.

Second story we were boarding the Around the Horn cruise in Valparaiso. We checked in and they told us to go through these doors to the ship. When we went through the doors not only was there no liquor table set up but thee were merchants selling Chilean wine and my favorite gin! After being assured I could buy the gin and take it aboard I decided to buy it. So here I board the ship with my carry on in one hand and my clearly bottle of gin in the other. I carried it up to my cabin and had a great cruise.

Went on a cruise on Crown Princess in January.

Brought two bottles of wine on board that we had in our cabin. No problem. We carried them on in hand luggage, I would not put wine in checked luggage.

They were screw top so did not need a cork screw. These were not great wines however, for some wines screw top is better than cork. Cork has it's own problems.

At one of the ports brought on Rum. We checked ours however I am sure everybody did. Not sure they even looked at that port of call.