Oasis or Allure

Cruised both, loved both! The ice show on Allure had the sight edge for us, since it is more comical. [emoji846] I am one of the few who liked Cats more than Mama Mia, but it is because I am a die hard ABBA fan and the music in Mama Mia disappointed.

So, choose according to your taste, location to port, and preference for itinerary.

Here is a picture review I did of Allure:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2361381

Thanks OCSC Mike for the link to my Oasis review [emoji846]

OP, Enjoy!!! These ships are amazing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruised both, loved both! The ice show on Allure had the sight edge for us, since it is more comical. [emoji846] I am one of the few who liked Cats more than Mama Mia, but it is because I am a die hard ABBA fan and the music in Mama Mia disappointed.

So, choose according to your taste, location to port, and preference for itinerary.

Here is a picture review I did of Allure:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2361381

OP, Enjoy!!! These ships are amazing!

But I think the sand artist that performs on Oasis makes that show really special. That aside, I thought the "How to Train Your Dragon" ice show on Allure was much better than the main ice show on the ship.

Also I think the secondary water show on Oasis, Splish Splash, is much better than the secondary water show on Allure.

Interesting... we sailed on Allure and were not aware of secondary water and ice shows!!!!

And we were busy attending everything. Just shows how entertaining these ships are. :)

We loved Oceanaria on Allure. Just amazing. We haven't seen anything.

No need to thank me. I continue to post that I've never seen one that has every menu, compass, and bit of info about a ship before. It's not the first time I've linked it and likely not the last.

There was one glaring flaw about it however... as you know, it was a review of a cruise I was already on! :mad:

Please schedule your cruises for a few weeks before mine in the future so I can actually use the info. Thanks. ;p

We've done Oasis twice and Allure 4 times. We would rather fly to FLL a couple of days early and enjoy the beach. Orlando Airport is 45+ minutes from the port and that's a negative to us. We think the crew on Allure is better trained and happier in their jobs than what we experienced on Oasis, but as Bob said, crews change so our experience could be different on our next cruise. The op should decide which itinerary is best for them and book it. You will have a wonderful honeymoon!

Thank you everyone for your well wishes and opinions. We are getting married in Orlando and live in Apollo Beach. The port makes no matter to us. It will be my fiance's first cruise. We plan on brining our closest friends. I think that will make for a really memorable cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think I saw when in 2018 you were looking for, but the Allure moves to Miami in November 2018. In my opinion, her Western Caribbean itinerary out of Miami is far superior to the Western itinerary of the Allure now or the Oasis.

mac_tlc

We've done both the Allure and Oasis multiple times. The ships are very similar but enjoyed the main show, Mamma Mia, on the Allure much more. Cats is somewhat boring. We have also sailed the Harmony and we still think the Allure is best.

We have done both. To us they are both equal except for Cats/Mama Mia. And for me that is not a deciding factor as I don't like either Cats or Mama Mia (I have seen both as touring broadway shows).

I enjoy both and the only deciding factor is which itinerary we want that matches our schedule.

But I think the sand artist that performs on Oasis makes that show really special. That aside, I thought the "How to Train Your Dragon" ice show on Allure was much better than the main ice show on the ship.

Also I think the secondary water show on Oasis, Splish Splash, is much better than the secondary water show on Allure.

we were on Oasis a few years ago. The one thing I remember most is the amazing sand artist

No need to thank me. I continue to post that I've never seen one that has every menu, compass, and bit of info about a ship before. It's not the first time I've linked it and likely not the last.

There was one glaring flaw about it however... as you know, it was a review of a cruise I was already on! :mad:

Please schedule your cruises for a few weeks before mine in the future so I can actually use the info. Thanks. ;p

LOL!

:D I am trying my best to cruise more frequently :D

Interesting... we sailed on Allure and were not aware of secondary water and ice shows!!!!

And we were busy attending everything. Just shows how entertaining these ships are. :)

We loved Oceanaria on Allure. Just amazing. We haven't seen anything.

The extra shows are bot on the schedule to book ahead of time. We knew about the water show because of our Boardwalk Balcony. The extra ice show was listed in the Compass. We also really enjoyed the "How to train your dragon" ice show :)

CATS is hard to get through if you are not a fan (over 2Hrs long and takes a long time to develop story)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takes a long time to develop the story? It takes a long time to develop a single word! I mentioned in my review, the Character Grisabella walks on the stage looking tormented and you know she is going to sing about it, but she just stares at the audience for 4 minutes. I don't normally get the internet package, but if you go see Cats you can get caught up on things during this 4 minutes.