Experience CC Users - Need Your Help!

Lovincruisin1321

No link to share, and although we have not done 6 days at sea, I can tell you what 4 days at sea is like. ;)

The CD will have activities planned. Maybe a movie shown in the theatre. Most days when we were at sea, it was too cool to hang out around the pool, but we did get places in the solarium. We spent the many hours eating, reading, playing cards, talking, etc.

We rarely participated in any scheduled activities unless it was a movie or in the evening hours. Having a balcony stateroom also helps!

Edited to add that I found links for you!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/v-5/celebrity-reflection-transatlantic-cruises/rs/

http://www.cruisecritic.com/v-5/celebrity-equinox-transatlantic-cruises/rs/

Edited by Iamthesea

It completely depends on the Cruise Director. Usually lots more activities along with additional entertainment in the afternoon. We like trivia, exercising, reading books in a quiet spot. As curious Cat said - you either love it or hate it.

I am going on a re-positioning cruise - six days at sea - Western Mediterranean. Specifically the Reflection.

I have done a "Search" for a detailed review of what it is like to be at sea for six days. I have also "Googled".

Can anyone lead me to a good link?

The greatest thing about cruising is that you can do whatever you like, or on the other hand, nothing at all. My wife and I love Transatlantic cruises especially for the sea days.

If you want to be busy there will be tons of things to keep you busy, from games with the staff to enlightening lectures. Check the daily program, sea days will be packed with organized activities.

Or, curl up with a good book, play cards with some new found friends, snooze in a lounger on deck, or in the solarium if it is too cool outside. Keep an open mind, and don't think that there is anything you must do, other than "Must" have a good time. You are on vacation, so relax, and let the world sail by.

Stan

Consecutive sea days are great times to enjoy some foodie experiences from simple cooking demos to speciality lunchtime treats, afternoon tea, chefs table....

We find we enjoy the evening entertainment more when we have consecutive sea days, after excursions on port days we always have the intention but never last the course!

When we cruised from Hawaii to Sydney last year we had loaded iPads, a few games....but we found we really loved just having the time to 'stand and stare'. So many of our cruises have been port intensive it was great to simply enjoy being on the ship!

Have a great cruise.

We are on a 15 Day Panama Canal to Valparaiso Chile cruise in December. We have 8 sea days.

I'm looking forward to:

Sleeping in, and not rushing to an excursion.

Staying up later, not worried about an excursion.

Having time to explore all the different food venues and offering.

Or only have a cup of soup because I can go to the mdr tomorrow.

Do enough research to have an idea of don't miss things.......

And enjoy.

What I really like is disconnecting for all those days. Put the phone and laptop away and enjoy the fresh air. We're all used to going, going, going, it's nice to stop.

I have done 8 sea days in a row and loved it! I was traveling with my elderly parents and we all slept in every morning, enjoyed watching an Officers vs guests basketball game, attended lectures, ate and drank to our hearts' content, watched the waves go by, played bingo and trivia, watched a movie, read, went to daily bible studies, ate some more and then did it all over again. It was the most relaxing time we have ever spent together and I cherish every memory. Enjoy!!

Obviously people have different attitudes toward sea days from love them to hate them. As far as I am concerned, I am in the "hate them" category. I would be ready to jump off the ship and try to swim to any port after maybe 4 days. I am no a ship to get to interesting places not to do activities that are organized by the cruise director. Just my opinion obviously.

This is why I have not to date done a Pacific cruise. There are interesting places to visit in the Pacific but there is way too much ocean between them.

DON

We are on a 15 Day Panama Canal to Valparaiso Chile cruise in December. We have 8 sea days.

I'm looking forward to:

Sleeping in, and not rushing to an excursion.

Staying up later, not worried about an excursion.

Having time to explore all the different food venues and offering.

Or only have a cup of soup because I can go to the mdr tomorrow.

Do enough research to have an idea of don't miss things.......

And enjoy.

What I really like is disconnecting for all those days. Put the phone and laptop away and enjoy the fresh air. We're all used to going, going, going, it's nice to stop.

Looking to book a westbound TA in 2017. This is exactly what I am hoping for. Great post.