Oasis - lunch in concierge lounge

jamon

for the B2B I understand some sandwiches etc. laid out. No more ordering hot breakfast or lunch. We had it in Chops as CL was closed for TA but now Suites have Deck 17 for their hot food.

Edited by CVU

The 11th floor CL is closed and the Suites Lounge on 17 is open. Once inside it is the old Viking Crown Lounge (redecorated of course) Half is Coastal Kitchen and half is Lounge. The bar is in the middle. They had a menu of drinks (definitely new as the old CL didn't have a list) Drinks were complimentary from 11:00 to 8:30 ( I think) and they had finger food not a menu like in the old CL. It is a very quiet, serene place to escape to and we enjoyed it. We were on the 5 night after the transatlantic and Coastal Kitchen was not open yet. I hope this helps.

We were on the Oasis 5 night sailing October 27, 2014.

The Concierge Lounge on Deck 11 was open for lunch and for evening drinks.

A lunch buffet was set up, as you can no longer order from a menu. The Concierge stated the the Concierge Lounge will be open until sometime in February 2015. It will then be converted to Wonderland on both Decks 11 and 12.

On the Oasis now. Suite lounge bar is open from 11:30 am till 11:00 pm. Coastal Kitchen open from 6-9:30. Ishtar lunch in lounge with continental breakfast. Not sure about beer and wine in the CL for lunch. Will try to find out for you

On the Oasis now. Suite lounge bar is open from 11:30 am till 11:00 pm. Coastal Kitchen open from 6-9:30. Ishtar lunch in lounge with continental breakfast. Not sure about beer and wine in the CL for lunch. Will try to find out for you

What's an Ishtar ?

I know this is a first world problem, but I'm a little disappointed to hear the only suite breakfast available is a buffet/continental breakfast. IMO, that makes the offering on Oasis less than that on the other ships that use a specialty restaurant for an a la carte suite breakfast.

Edited by Cindy

I know this is a first world problem, but I'm a little disappointed to hear the only suite breakfast available is a buffet/continental breakfast. IMO, that makes the offering on Oasis less than that on the other ships that use a specialty restaurant for an a la carte suite breakfast.

I completely agree with you. I also cruise NCL in suites and their suite breakfast includes a fairly extensive cold buffet PLUS a menu of hot foods. To me, with these mega ships, NCL would be RCCL's most direct competition and I would think NCL's level of service for suite guests would be the level of service that RCCL should be attempting to surpass.

• 2 weeks later...

Been sailing on Oasis since 11/15 and taking advantage of the CL as a D+ member. Service has been excellent and the CL has never been crowded...there was a letter in our stateroom upon embarkation advertising the CL availability as a D+ benefit and confirming its morning AM and PM hours with Israel the Concierge on duty there this and next week.

I can confirm that in addition to the normal morning continental breakfast and evening cocktail hour that the CL is open from 12 - 2 PM right now offering self-serve sandwiches, cookies and fruit and that there is waiter service for beer, wine or soda if desired.

If you are on Oasis in the near future (at least before the CL closes to undergo into transformation to Wonderland) and have access to the CL, I think you will enjoy their current level of service even if it is a bit different than past offerings on the Oasis class. Have not checked out the new Diamond Lounge but am assuming it is far more crowded than what we have been experiencing in the CL and we are not in a suite this time so do not have any info on the SL.

We sailed Oasis 11-8 thru 11-15. Coastal Kitchen was oepn for dinner at 6 PM.

We were told that Coastal Kitchen would start serving full breakfast and lunch starting with the cruise of Nov 22, 2014.

We really appreciate the latest info on the D+ lounge. Is there any way you can find out when they will be closing it and everyone will be herded into the Diamond Lounge?? This will be our first cruise as D+ and can't believe we reached this just as it is changing. I don't know if they will continue the special breakfast and lunch for D+We will be sailing on Oasis on 11/29.

Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance for your good work!! Enjoy!!

We sailed Oasis 11-8 thru 11-15. Coastal Kitchen was oepn for dinner at 6 PM.

We were told that Coastal Kitchen would start serving full breakfast and lunch starting with the cruise of Nov 22, 2014.

Do you have to make a resi for dinner?

To clarify...D+ will no longer have access to a cl in the daytime (except diamond lounge)? No more breakfast and lunch in the cl?

Don't know about breakfast and lunch, but the way I understand it, the present CL will be gone, leaving only the Suites Lounge (gold card access) and the Diamond Lounge (Diamond and above access).

Edited by clarea

We really appreciate the latest info on the D+ lounge. Is there any way you can find out when they will be closing it and everyone will be herded into the Diamond Lounge?? This will be our first cruise as D+ and can't believe we reached this just as it is changing. I don't know if they will continue the special breakfast and lunch for D+We will be sailing on Oasis on 11/29.

Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance for your good work!! Enjoy!!

We are doing B2B on the Oasis and will be getting off on 11/29 but can confirm for you that the CL will be open for your cruise when you are on later this month! Closing down to transform into Wonderland Feb 2015. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by Risster75

We were on the Oasis 5 night sailing October 27, 2014.

The Concierge Lounge on Deck 11 was open for lunch and for evening drinks.

A lunch buffet was set up, as you can no longer order from a menu. The Concierge stated the the Concierge Lounge will be open until sometime in February 2015. It will then be converted to Wonderland on both Decks 11 and 12.

We are doing B2B on the Oasis and will be getting off on 11/29 but can confirm for you that the CL will be open for your cruise when you are on later this month! Closing down to transform into Wonderland Feb 2015. Enjoy your cruise!!!

We are sailing on Oasis B2B February 21 and February 28---looks like we will just miss the Wonderful Concierge Lounge. We loved it on the Allure and were looking forward to enjoying it again on the Oasis. Hard to believe that RCL will take this away from those of us who have finally made Diamond Plus. And, yes, I do know it is just a perk, and RCL doesn't have to provide it, but it was a great perk and we will miss it.

When I was on the Oasis 10/27 - 11/8 the CL was open to suite guests as well. I think suite guests have access to all 3 lounges. In regards to the CL, I went in there twice and there was no life. I think about 5 people the first time and two the 2nd time. There was finger food set up during the day and a server to take drink orders. The same food was served in the diamond lounge, CL and the suite lounge from my observation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums