Oasis - lunch in concierge lounge

jamon

RCCL will be constructing something called a "Diamond Concierge Lounge" on Deck 4 with a view of the ocean.

Not sure what the definition of "Diamond Concierge" is... previously there was a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. As a D+, I will be a bit unhappy if the lounge now serves all D & D+ guests.

RCCL has to play this carefully or will lose the bookings of a good number of D+ cruisers!

RCCL will be constructing something called a "Diamond Concierge Lounge" on Deck 4 with a view of the ocean.

Not sure what the definition of "Diamond Concierge" is... previously there was a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. As a D+, I will be a bit unhappy if the lounge now serves all D & D+ guests.

RCCL has to play this carefully or will lose the bookings of a good number of D+ cruisers!

On Oasis Oct TA the CL was closed for our crossing. It is open now but gone in Feb/15 for Wonderland.

We had the new Deck 4, D, D+ & PC lounge to use. It was not open all the time, I don't think it had a card scanner, we went by a couple of times later after dinner and the fire doors were closed on it.

They let us in for only the Happy Hour on deck 17, as D+. We had Blaze or Dazzles to use as well and then your 3 drinks on your Sea Pass Card.

Whether that will stay the same or not using Deck 17......depends maybe on the # of D, & D+s as we had a lot on the crossing and only 1 lounge. They did let us have specialty coffee at the Promenade Cafe but it was not on a letter to all, just by word of mouth from an Officer when we were in the DL.

Edited by CVU

When I was on the Oasis 10/27 - 11/8 the CL was open to suite guests as well. I think suite guests have access to all 3 lounges. In regards to the CL, I went in there twice and there was no life. I think about 5 people the first time and two the 2nd time. There was finger food set up during the day and a server to take drink orders. The same food was served in the diamond lounge, CL and the suite lounge from my observation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am so confused on the different lounges. Can someone please clarify for me please. :) Are suite guests able to use both the suite lounge and CL? What is the difference between the two lounges? Thanks!!

Just off the Oasis this morning. I'm Diamond and we were in a suite. We were welcome in the Suite Lounge & Coastal Kitchen and the new Diamond Lounge on Deck 4, but we weren't eligible for the CL even though we were in a suite. Currently on Oasis, the lounges are as follows:

Diamond Lounge -- Diamond, Diamond +, and Pinnacle -- Continental breakfast, evening snacks and drinks.

Concierge Lounge -- Diamond + and Pinnacle -- Continental breakfast, light lunch (sandwiches, fruit), evening snacks and drinks.

Suite Lounge -- Suites and Pinnacle -- Continental breakfast, buffet lunch, evening snacks, drinks 11:00 am - 11:30 pm.

Coastal Kitchen -- Suites and Pinnacle -- A la Carte restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Drinks from the suite lounge bar are currently included. They also have a by-the-bottle wine list available to purchase, and will allow you to order wine by the glass from other restaurants.

I think the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen will both evolve a lot over the next few weeks/months. They were constantly asking for feedback, and several people mentioned it wasn't the finished product.

Rami said the Concierge Lounge is only open temporarily. It will close for good at the end of January/beginning of February when they start the conversion of the Deck 11 CL to Wonderland. He also said this will be the configuration on the Quantum class and the Oasis class, including Oasis 3 which will have a purpose-built Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. The rest of the fleet will keep the current configuration with a CL and a DL.

Edited by Cindy

I'm afraid you're going to be unhappy...that's what the configuration will be on the Oasis as of next February.

So, Quantum only has 1 lounge? The one Aft is it or is there also a DL as well? Sorry, can't remember what I read about lounges on the QU reviews.

Seems Oasis Class will only have one Diamond L. for all and no CL anymore for D+/PC.

PC & Suites have the new Suite L. then.......

I'm afraid you're going to be unhappy...that's what the configuration will be on the Oasis as of next February.

I'll still wait for clarification. It's named "Diamond Concierge." Note the word "Concierge."

The Concierge Lounge on every RCCL ship is NOT open to Diamonds. I'm guessing this newly created lounge will have some exclusivity for D+

I'll still wait for clarification. It's named "Diamond Concierge." Note the word "Concierge."

The Concierge Lounge on every RCCL ship is NOT open to Diamonds. I'm guessing this newly created lounge will have some exclusivity for D+

The new lounge on Deck 4 is already built and open. It's actually called the Diamond Club. It's open to Diamond, Diamond +, and Pinnacle members. There is a Diamond Concierge assigned to the lounge.

I'm not trying to be argumentative...believe what you want. I'm just reporting what I was told on the ship a couple days ago by Rami Tabassi (currently the Suite Lounge concierge). Nothing was said about the Diamond Club limiting admission to D+ and above.

I'm not trying to be argumentative...

No problem, Cindy. My comment was based on an email I received from RCCL which specifically called it a "Diamond Concierge" Lounge.

My guess is that RCCL is going to receive an enormous amount of negative feedback from D+ members. What they do about it, if anything, will be the issue.

Just off the Oasis this morning. I'm Diamond and we were in a suite. We were welcome in the Suite Lounge & Coastal Kitchen and the new Diamond Lounge on Deck 4, but we weren't eligible for the CL even though we were in a suite. Currently on Oasis, the lounges are as follows:

Diamond Lounge -- Diamond, Diamond +, and Pinnacle -- Continental breakfast, evening snacks and drinks.

Concierge Lounge -- Diamond + and Pinnacle -- Continental breakfast, light lunch (sandwiches, fruit), evening snacks and drinks.

Suite Lounge -- Suites and Pinnacle -- Continental breakfast, buffet lunch, evening snacks, drinks 11:00 am - 11:30 pm.

Coastal Kitchen -- Suites and Pinnacle -- A la Carte restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Drinks from the suite lounge bar are currently included. They also have a by-the-bottle wine list available to purchase, and will allow you to order wine by the glass from other restaurants.

I think the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen will both evolve a lot over the next few weeks/months. They were constantly asking for feedback, and several people mentioned it wasn't the finished product.

Rami said the Concierge Lounge is only open temporarily. It will close for good at the end of January/beginning of February when they start the conversion of the Deck 11 CL to Wonderland. He also said this will be the configuration on the Quantum class and the Oasis class, including Oasis 3 which will have a purpose-built Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. The rest of the fleet will keep the current configuration with a CL and a DL.

Thanks for all the great info. :)

I was on the first two sailings after dry dock and things probably changed. The first cruise I was only Emerald status and my card opened the door to the CL. The doors were actually opened in the DL during the afternoon when I walked by. No one was in there.

On the second cruise I changed to Diamond status and my card open the door in the CL. I think I went mid week on the 2nd cruise and the concierge asked if I was new. I said no but I was in a suite. He said nothing further. I never went back because I preferred the location of the suite lounge and you do not have to consume beverages in the lounge. You can order a beverage to go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cindy, thanks so much for all the info and clarification you have provided to us.

I have just a couple of questions. Do you recall some of the lunch items in Coastal Kitchen and also what the breakfast and lunch hours are?

Thanks

Thank you for that.

Thanks for sharing this. A bit disappointing, as we just reached the D+ level and are sailing on Oasis in February. Was looking forward to a lunch or two in the CL lounge, and I also thought they still had made to order breakfast and lunch. ugh!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Guess I don't need my cabin on deck 11 ;)

I imagine many D+ will be very disappointed that the made to order breakfast and lunch is no longer available. I certainly would be disappointed. Hopefully the expansion of Windjammer will make that venue easier to use.

So, Quantum only has 1 lounge? The one Aft is it or is there also a DL as well? Sorry, can't remember what I read about lounges on the QU reviews.

Seems Oasis Class will only have one Diamond L. for all and no CL anymore for D+/PC.

PC & Suites have the new Suite L. then.......

The Quantum has a Diamond Club on deck 4 and a Concierge Club on deck 12 aft. I checked them both out when we were touring the ship. The Concierge Club has great ocean views and Mario was at his desk to greet us.

DSCN4810a.jpg.a9325acc9e0aaa541fff20ddab9fd0c5.jpg

DSCN4812b.jpg.5396178040b480499ba3ab2aff67eae5.jpg

The Quantum has a Diamond Club on deck 4 and a Concierge Club on deck 12 aft. I checked them both out when we were touring the ship. The Concierge Club has great ocean views and Mario was at his desk to greet us.

Thanks!!

With having the CL gone on Oasis Class I was wondering if they had a D and CL on Quantum.

It was disappointing on our Oct. TA on Oasis to not have the CL open.....with SO many C&A the new DL was full most of the time. They did open the CL the day we disembarked though.:rolleyes: Until Feb.