Princess EZ Check Question

cclvr

I understand that with Princess EZ Check they take our bags the night before and we do not see them until we arrive at our final destination..also that they check us into our flight and deliver our boarding passes to us the night before. We fly Southwest and they do not assign seats ahead of time...the sooner you check in the better boarding position you get...check in opens up 24 hrs before your scheduled flight...my question is...does Princess check us in ASAP 24 hrs ahead (or preferably sooner) or when they get to it...does anyone have experience with this...THANK YOU!

You are correct. Princess can't check you in until at least 24 hours before your flight. As they are processing a lot of requests, you won't get your airline luggage tags and boarding pass until late afternoon or early evening before disembarking. A bit stressful but it's a great service.

I strong suggest bringing a copy of your eticket to hand in with the EZ Check form. And, get your EZ Check form in as early as possible.

Two points about Southwest Airlines:

If anyone in your party is booked on a Senior Fare (or Infant/Child) they cannot use EZCheck as their boarding passes cannot be printed until you arrive at the airport and age is verified.

And if any tickets are on a Wanna Get Away fare the additional fee for EarlyBird Check-In will not be redundant to the $20 EZCheck fees and will absolutely be $15 well spent--it will guarantee you will have a boarding group ahead of those who did not elect it (even full-fare tickets) no matter how late Princess prints your boarding passes the night before.

I agree with Fishywood. I am an avid and loyal Southwest flyer.

I have always already had my "Earlybird" arranged, long before my cruise.

Then, when EZ Check was available, I didn't bother to try to cancel my Earlybird.

It has always worked out great, fantastic, this way.

I have done this at least six times in Seattle, and once in Ft. Lauderdale.

Always with great success.

Enjoy!

OK - so I think what you all are saying is I would take a risk to have Princess check me in unless I prepay for the early bird?? Otherwise best bet to skip ez check and check in myself right at 24hrs prior.

Thank you for your feedback...I like the idea of EZ Check but do not want to risk being the last to board.

OK - so I think what you all are saying is I would take a risk to have Princess check me in unless I prepay for the early bird?? Otherwise best bet to skip ez check and check in myself right at 24hrs prior.

Thank you for your feedback...I like the idea of EZ Check but do not want to risk being the last to board.

I thought one time - a few years back - that I checked myself in early and got my boarding passes at the airport (don't know why I didn't print them out). Doesn't Princess just handle the baggage part?

I thought one time - a few years back - that I checked myself in early and got my boarding passes at the airport (don't know why I didn't print them out). Doesn't Princess just handle the baggage part?

NO, they also check you in to your flight and issue your boarding passes.

[QUOYou are correct.TE=cclvr;50892219]I understand that with Princess EZ Check they take our bags the night before and we do not see them until we arrive at our final destination..also that they check us into our flight and deliver our boarding passes to us the night before. We fly Southwest and they do not assign seats ahead of time...the sooner you check in the better boarding position you get...check in opens up 24 hrs before your scheduled flight...my question is...does Princess check us in ASAP 24 hrs ahead (or preferably sooner) or when they get to it...does anyone have experience with this...THANK YOU!

You are correct.

You can check yourself in 24 hours before the flight.

When Princess checks you in later, they will get the boarding pass for the positions you received when you checked in.

Thus you can have your cake (check in 24 hours before flight) and eat it too (use EZCheck).

about Southwest Airlines:

If anyone in your party is booked on a Senior Fare (or Infant/Child) they cannot use EZCheck as their boarding passes cannot be printed until you arrive at the airport and age is verified.

Not true if you have had the age verified before and it is marked as such in the Southwest computer system.

However, the senior fares are now always higher than the wanna getaway fares, so unless you are booking at the last minute when wanna getaway fares are not available, you will likely not use the senior fare.

Two points about Southwest Airlines:

And if any tickets are on a Wanna Get Away fare the additional fee for EarlyBird Check-In will not be redundant to the $20 EZCheck fees and will absolutely be $15 well spent--it will guarantee you will have a boarding group ahead of those who did not elect it (even full-fare tickets) no matter how late Princess prints your boarding passes the night before.

I agree on this.

can't you check in at the 24 hours and let princess do their thing? or will the bag processing mess up your spot in queue?

Not sure of the answer to that...others are saying they do early bird prior to the cruise to get a good boarding position..I think we have to hand in the EX Check forms way before the 24 hr check in period opens up.

You can check yourself in 24 hours before the flight.

When Princess checks you in later, they will get the boarding pass for the positions you received when you checked in.

Thus you can have your cake (check in 24 hours before flight) and eat it too (use EZCheck).

Sounds simple enough...have you done this before??

Is it true that there is no EZ Check in the LAX port?

Right, I have never seen it at LAX/San Pedro, where I have done at least five Hawaii cruises and California Coastal cruises.

The good part is that I have always had quick and efficient disembarkation at San Pedro, including excellent organization on the sorting and finding of the luggage. So it kind of evens out.

No worries!

Not sure of the answer to that...others are saying they do early bird prior to the cruise to get a good boarding position..I think we have to hand in the EX Check forms way before the 24 hr check in period opens up.

Yes, you turn in your EZ Check forms early. But Princess doesn't process the forms that early, at least not usually. If Princess did your boarding pass early, great! No loss. If you do the 24 hour check in, and this is before Princess does theirs, still no worries. Either way, you are covered.

I check myself in as early as the 24 hour limit will let me, but also sign up for the EZ check. I have not flown Southwest only Delta, but it seems to work fine. I print out boarding passes (I use ship computer). And get duplicate passes from EZ Check. I like to be prepared.

Last time I did EZ I was told there would be no overweight charge.

The charge is added to your shipboard account.

At what point in this process does the $charge from the airline for the bag get handled?

And do the bags need to still be under 50 lbs?

Any overweight bags that are checked in under the EZ-Check program are not assessed the overweight charge.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers