Booked Breeze for december now concerns.

rob6465

So wife and I cruising outside of Galveston for first time but we worried on logistics of getting there and back. We live in houston and booked Breeze for 12/5/15.

We need to decide between 3 options

1. Book flights through priceline but get there day before and leave day after (hotels will be needed)

2. Find least expensive flights on day we cruise and get back. Might be cheaper since no hotel expenses are involved.

3rd option: Go through priceline for 12/4/15 and book hotel. Book return flight while we on cruise.. heard many cruisers do that.:confused::confused:

We always go the day prior to cruise day -- and we have been grateful for that cushion more than once, especially considering weather in December.

I would arrive a day early, stay in a hotel if you can swing it. Then fly back same day as debarkation -- just don't schedule flight before 11 or 12.

We always go the day prior to cruise day -- and we have been grateful for that cushion more than once, especially considering weather in December.

I would arrive a day early, stay in a hotel if you can swing it. Then fly back same day as debarkation -- just don't schedule flight before 11 or 12.

Same here, I travel from KS and always come in 1 day early (if not 2) and then book return for day of trip. With flight delays, etc if you book day of you never know what could happen.

It's actually a little early to be booking flights so don't worry as much about the price. Set up fare alerts on Kayak.com and airfarewatchdog.com. Fly in the day before and spend the night at a hotel and fly home the day the cruise returns. Check both Miami and Ft Lauderdale for flights. You can set up multiple alerts. Book when you see a price you can live with.

Also check Southwest from Hobby to Ft Lauderdale. They will not show up on any third party sites.

It's actually a little early to be booking flights so don't worry as much about the price. Set up fare alerts on Kayak.com and airfarewatchdog.com. Fly in the day before and spend the night at a hotel and fly home the day the cruise returns. Check both Miami and Ft Lauderdale for flights. You can set up multiple alerts. Book when you see a price you can live with.

Also check Southwest from Hobby to Ft Lauderdale. They will not show up on any third party sites.

How did u like the breeze? Favorite port?

How did u like the breeze? Favorite port?

We absolutely loved it which is why we booked it a second time. I don't think it's too different from the Magic except it has Guy's Burgers. Our favorite port is a tie between San Juan (lots of history) and St Maarten (great beach at Orient Bay and planes landing at Maho).

Go the day before. My friend went the day of had a 7:55 to FLL didn't arrive in FLL until 2 cause of the delays. Only reason ship held was because there was 300 other people missing he was literally last person on the boat

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by samantha243

We are going on the Breeze in February and actually found it cheaper to fly into Tampa and rent a car to drive down. This could just be due to our routing out of LAX but it was much cheaper than flying to MIA or even into FLL. It might be worth a shot to look at all options but you still have quite a while before you need to book.

Agree on both counts, especially in winter months.

Agreed.

@coolson2000,

You don't suck at reading! The OP wrote a very confusing first post!!

I also wondered why someone who sails out of Galveston needed to fly there from Houston. It made absolutely no sense at all!

One would have to know that they actually meant Tampa since it wasn't written anywhere in the post!

I agree with the others as far as flying in the day before. If you fly in the day before you actually have 2 airport choices to fly into.

You can fly into FLL, which for us seems to always be cheaper because then we can fly Southwest.

You can fly into MIA, which would put you in the port city and would make transportation just maybe a bit easier.

If you end up flying into FLL you can call a transportation service to get a ride to the local Miami hotel you choose to stay at and they will drop you off. I prefer SAS. We have used them with no problems. Others may suggest other companies who I am sure do just as good of a job.

Edited by kelkel2

3rd option: Go through priceline for 12/4/15 and book hotel. Book return flight while we on cruise.. heard many cruisers do that.:confused::confused:

Just noticed your 3rd option - booking return flight while on cruise? Never heard of that, and don't know why you would wait until the last minute to book your flight home. Unless you think you can get some smoking deal through Priceline, and have a few extra days and extra $$ in case that plan falls through.

Just noticed your 3rd option - booking return flight while on cruise? Never heard of that, and don't know why you would wait until the last minute to book your flight home. Unless you think you can get some smoking deal through Priceline, and have a few extra days and extra $$ in case that plan falls through.

Yes, please don't do this!! This is a bad idea!! I can't tell you how s****y the internet was on the last cruise I was on just trying to print a boarding pass and check into a flight. You will spend a ton of time trying to do this and it's totally not worth it. Plus what are you going to do if nothing is available? I just don't want something really not good to happen and this doesn't sound like a good idea!

Like so many others have said, always fly the day before, much less stress :eek:. Coming from Detroit that has saved us more than once, just with being able to get out. You will love the Breeze. We sailed her 2 consecutive years. Like the light and airy decor. Have a great time.

Fully agree with trvlgirlmq.....I would see what the rates are on southwest once they open up the December travel window in a few months. Fly in the day before and stay in Miami. Get a transfer from FLL or take the Tri-rail or a 1 way car rental if so desired. Check priceline, hotwire or last minute travel for your hotel rates.

There is actually also another option you didn't think about. Just driving.

Downtown Houston is about 17 hours from Miami. Best bet to be safe (and you have time) is drive 1/2 way, stay over night, finish driving, stay over night, cruise, drive, stay over night, drive home.

It ads and extra hotel to the option of flying in the day before and staying a day after though. But depending on flight prices, this might not matter cost wise.

The only time I would consider not going a day before is a drive of less than 5 hours to port.

Definitely be sure to check Southwest out of Hobby. When we flew a lot and my family flew into Houston a lot when we lived there, Hobby was almost always the best bet for prices.

The FT that I tried emailing won't go through. I think I'm doing something wrong w/address. Hope your feeling more ok with sailing Breeze. You've got plenty of time for thinking about traveling to the ship. You'll love it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums