Do You Have To Dress Formal For Specialty Restaurants

drpack

I was wondering if you are required to dress formal for specialty restaurant on formal nights?

I always have in the past, but I recently saw a post where someone mentioned they went to specialty restaurants on the formal nights so they didn't have to get dressed up.

I was wondering if you are required to dress formal for specialty restaurant on formal nights?

I always have in the past, but I recently saw a post where someone mentioned they went to specialty restaurants on the formal nights so they didn't have to get dressed up.

Your choice. We do, but that's OUR choice. Smart Casual..you know: Slacks, collared shirt is fine.

He could have an open wound that might be disgusting to view at dinner. Which would you rather look at?

It's not like that he didn't dress for dinner.

Everyone is always so quick to criticize.

Could be he has cancer? And undergoing chemo? Other reasons, like English is not his first language, and can’t understand the “no-no’s”posted at the entrance of the MDR, or didn’t read or understand the dress suggestion posted daily in the Patter?

BTW, the Maitre D’ must be allowing exceptions to the suggested dress policy based on PAX’s individual circumstance, right? As in the gents who wear ball caps in the MDR?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Seems kind of creepy that some passengers are taking photos of others so they can be shamed on Cruise Critic ...

Lots CC peeps here keep harping on dress “no-no’s”, and that PAXs must wear “proper” attire for evening dining, and especially on Formal Night dining in in the MDR. This pic is just showing that yes, people can, and will wear “no-no’s” in the MDR on Formal Night. And, it seems to be OK with the Maitre D’ for PAX’s to wear whatever one wants in the MDR. FWIW, I don’t really care what PAX’s wear in the MDR. It’s not for PAX’s to be the “clothes police”. And FYI, these PAX”s were part of our large travel group. It doenr bother me what PAX’s wear, and I still enjoy my meals and cruises. ;)

Enjoy your next cruise. I will. :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

No you don't.

Wouldn't it be great if people just got on with enjoying their own holiday and let others do the same...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app

This forum is actually the only place you'll hear comments about how others dress. When on the ship people just keep quiet & bite their tongue.:)

Of course they'll complain to the head waiters from time to time and we all know how much good that does. :rolleyes:

I was wondering if you are required to dress formal for specialty restaurant on formal nights? I always have in the past, but I recently saw a post where someone mentioned they went to specialty restaurants on the formal nights so they didn't have to get dressed up.
And you know this how?

On our last two cruises on Oosterdam and Westerdam, we went to the PG every night on Gala Nights dressed smart casual. To be exact, I wore cargo pants and a golf shirt. Not a word was said. Our next cruise is Rotterdam and I'm doing the same.

On our last two cruises on Oosterdam and Westerdam, we went to the PG every night on Gala Nights dressed smart casual. To be exact, I wore cargo pants and a golf shirt. Not a word was said. Our next cruise is Rotterdam and I'm doing the same.

Just curious, what does the dress code on HAL have anything to do with Princess dress recommendation?

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

This forum is actually the only place you'll hear comments about how others dress. When on the ship people just keep quiet & bite their tongue.:)

Of course they'll complain to the head waiters from time to time and we all know how much good that does. :rolleyes:

There was a man in his 20s holidaying with an older couple, perhaps his parents, and he wore nylon football shorts day and night. I just assumed the airline had lost his luggage and wouldn't begrudge him a restaurant meal.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Forums mobile app