Self-serve beer stations on Breeze?

ciera123

That sounds right. Who could you tip? A machine? Yourself?

On Royal, I presume the 18% goes to the guys who stock the Bionic bars since a tip is added there.

There have been reports of 15% added for PYO on other Carnival ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There have been reports of 15% added for PYO on other Carnival ships.

Could you imagine tipping the guy who changes the keg 15% of all the beer sold from that keg?

Let's do the math, shall we? A keg has more than 13 gallons at 128oz per gallon. So 13 x 128 = 1664 oz. Beer is sold at 28 cents per ounce. So keg revenue is 1664 x 0.28 = $465.92. Let's be miserly and only give a 15% tip. 465.92 x 0.15 = $69.89.

So, the guy who changes the keg gets about $70 tip for his efforts? Or perhaps it goes to CCL shareholders in profits and dividends?

Could you imagine tipping the guy who changes the keg 15% of all the beer sold from that keg?

Let's do the math, shall we? A keg has more than 13 gallons at 128oz per gallon. So 13 x 128 = 1664 oz. Beer is sold at 28 cents per ounce. So keg revenue is 1664 x 0.28 = $465.92. Let's be miserly and only give a 15% tip. 465.92 x 0.15 = $69.89.

So, the guy who changes the keg gets about $70 tip for his efforts?...?

Hey he’s gotta keep the plastic cup dispenser full too!

Like I said, no tip when we were on Breeze this past Thanksgiving. But I read several other threads before that cruise that said: 1) A tip was added and 2) PYO was not on the Breeze.

Tipping “bots” has also been a subject on the RCCL forum. Someone on one thread mentioned that when there were stocked mini bars and bottles in the rooms, there was also a tip added for that and no one ever questioned it.

Believe me, I’m not trying to justify any more tips or hidden fees. Just putting the 60 cent tip per glass in context - even though it was not in place on the Breeze.

• 2 weeks later...

I also read someone posted that the PYO taps are very foamy, as a result you often don't get your 14 oz of beer... apparently the pour is timed, and if you pour it slow enough to avoid half a glass of foam, it times out. If you pour it too fast, you get mostly foam...

I also read someone posted that the PYO taps are very foamy, as a result you often don't get your 14 oz of beer... apparently the pour is timed, and if you pour it slow enough to avoid half a glass of foam, it times out. If you pour it too fast, you get mostly foam...

The solution to the timed pour is to open the tap fully, and have an empty glass in each hand. When one gets full swap out. When the foam subsides then combine the two glasses into one.

They really should meter the liquid like a gas pump.

The solution to the timed pour is to open the tap fully, and have an empty glass in each hand. When one gets full swap out. When the foam subsides then combine the two glasses into one.

They really should meter the liquid like a gas pump.

I could see a problem with that. Someone pours. Doesn't get all of it because of the foam. They walk away. Underage walks up and pours the remainder of the beer.

I could see a problem with that. Someone pours. Doesn't get all of it because of the foam. They walk away. Underage walks up and pours the remainder of the beer.

They could avoid that by making you leave your card in the machine in order to activate the pour. Unless someone was so careless as to leave their S&S card behind, that would prevent this situation.

I guess the simpler solution would be to have a time limit for the pour in addition to the metered volume. So, you get 30 seconds to dispense the 14 ounces and then the machine resets.

Does anyone know how to find what boats have this station? Is it only the ships that don't have the red frog bar? I went on the Liberty and Victory last year. Only the Victory had it.

Here's the link https://www.carnival.com/onboard/beer-station

If you select 'Which Ships is this on?' on the left it will list them all.

I guess the simpler solution would be to have a time limit for the pour in addition to the metered volume. So, you get 30 seconds to dispense the 14 ounces and then the machine resets.

That’s exactly how the one on the Breeze worked. 14 ounces or 30 seconds. If you poor less than 14 you’re charged for less.

That’s exactly how the one on the Breeze worked. 14 ounces or 30 seconds. If you poor less than 14 you’re charged for less. So it’s exactly like a gas pump. And the cups appeared to more than 14onces.

Maybe they work differently on different ships, but it’s kind of weird to see people pointing out potential problems that Carnival has already found solutions to.

so how does that work? just swipe your s&s card and it counts as one drink or charges whatever?

We did not have Cheers on our cruise that had PYOB - so I’m not sure how that works. Without the package: swipe and pay for what you pour in 30 seconds - by the ounce.