FTTF & Luggage Tags

BeckyMax

I actually have a couple questions. I purchased the FTTF AFTER I checked in on line. I see a boarding time on my documents for 12:30-1:00pm. I've never used FTTF so I'm not sure, do I also get priority boarding, meaning I don't have to wait until the 12:30 time.

Also, how will they know to get my luggage to my cabin faster, my luggage tag does not designate FTTF on it.

Sorry if these have been answered before, I did try to search but found info that did not address these 2 items.

Becky

As the previous poster noted, go back into your Cruise Manager and print your boarding passes and luggage tags again - they should show the FTTF logo.

On your first question, as long as you have FTTF and it's indicated on your boarding passes and luggage tags, you can arrive at the terminal when you want, you do not have to adhere to the arrival time shown on your booking.

Go back and reprint your boarding passes and luggage tags. It should change.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

They didn't change. It did generate a new tag, because the small date in the corner indicates the print date, but it doesn't say anything about FTTF on it. 3zavywbpudq9BCvA6

Maybe I need to try from another browser.

Becky

They didn't change. It did generate a new tag, because the small date in the corner indicates the print date, but it doesn't say anything about FTTF on it. 3zavywbpudq9BCvA6

Becky

Question: when you view your cruise details, is FTTF showing under the "My Activities" and "My Billing" tabs?

Lately the luggage tags don't say FTTF but they should show PRIORITY. If they don't I would call Carnival!
Ours I printed last night show FTTF, but not PRIORITY. Our boarding passes however, DO show both.

I thought it was pretty strange because I thought both would be on the luggage tags also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Forums mobile app

Lately the luggage tags don't say FTTF but they should show PRIORITY. If they don't I would call Carnival!

Is that a recent change? In the past FTTF luggage tags had a circle symbol that said FTTF on it. I have only seen Priority luggage tags on P&D luggage, but I haven't sailed lately with anyone who used FTTF.

Also to answer your question, you have to pick your check-in time but with FTTF you can ignore it and show up at the terminal as soon as they open. You will have priority boarding, yes. You board after b2b cruisers, wedding parties, diamond, platinum, and suite guests. Before zone 1.

When you drop off your luggage, be sure to tell the porters that your luggage is priority because it goes on a different cart. If not, you may not get priority luggage.

When you embark, you can go straight to your room. Open the fire doors to the hallway and go straight to your room if you wish. There's a sign on the doors stating rooms won't be ready until 1:30 but you can ignore that sign.

Becky

This EXACT thing happened to me last year. I purchased FTTF after checking in as well and my tags would still print without showing FTTF on it but it was showing as purchased in my Cruise Manager.

After much back and forth with Carnival, they admitted they couldn't "find" my FTTF purchase even though I provided them with the debit transaction #, and they could also see it in my Cruise Manager. It was most likely a computer glitch in their system.

Keep on top of it with Carnival if the tags still don't show. What they did for me was e mail me a letter specifically stating I had FTTF in case there were any issues while embarking or on board.

It turned out on boarding day my FTTF was in the system and I didn't even need the letter. But the luggage tags in my booking never wound up updating to show FTTF so I just kept that letter with me and had no issues.

:):ship:Thank you everyone! I logged completely out of my carnival account, then logged off my computer and then restarted it. I was able to get the boarding pass with the logo. I think my computer just kept opening a cached version of the document, that's all I can figure, but I have the FTTF logo on my boarding passes now. :-)

Becky

:):ship:Thank you everyone! I logged completely out of my carnival account, then logged off my computer and then restarted it. I was able to get the boarding pass with the logo. I think my computer just kept opening a cached version of the document, that's all I can figure, but I have the FTTF logo on my boarding passes now. :-)

Becky

Yay!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Becky

Yep - computers are so "smart", they sometimes do the wrong thing.

Glad you got it worked out!

I actually have a couple questions. I purchased the FTTF AFTER I checked in on line. I see a boarding time on my documents for 12:30-1:00pm. I've never used FTTF so I'm not sure, do I also get priority boarding, meaning I don't have to wait until the 12:30 time.

Also, how will they know to get my luggage to my cabin faster, my luggage tag does not designate FTTF on it.

Sorry if these have been answered before, I did try to search but found info that did not address these 2 items.

Becky

Re print your tags but it does not mean you will get your luggage faster.

Becky

Look at that picture again Becky. It has Faster to the Fun in a circle right under where you cabin is. When you hand your luggage over to the porters, stand there until they put an orange tape on them. It signals that they are to be delivered first.

When you hand your luggage over to the porters, stand there until they put an orange tape on them. It signals that they are to be delivered first.

Good tip! I will do that and if they do it correctly, they too will get a good tip! :-)

Becky

Printed out my luggage tags in July when I could and they have the FTTF logo on them. It is also plainly visible at the top of my Boarding Pass as well.