unleavened bread on Equinox

flipflap78

Yeast should be deactivated by cooking. Well cooked bread (e.g. toast) should be sure. (if the "intolerant" is more about living yeast).

In other cases, you are require mostly "gluten free". You will have potatoes (American style) and rice (Asian style breakfast). This will be mostly a salty breakfast, but one get used quickly (if you were a "continental sweet breakfaster").

In any case I recommend you to: 1- check on food-intolerant forum about good alternative food, 2- (after this, so after having an idea of what you like to eat) contact Celebrity special needs

Yeast is a living bacteria (most of bacteria are good or neutral to us) which eat sugar and create CO2 and alcohol. CO2 expand the dough. Sugar and alcohol are usually so low that it is not noticeable (a lot less than ripen fruits). Note the same yeast (same species, but different varieties) are also used for fermenting beer and wine (Wikipedia: Saccharomyces cerevisiae).

For some people this living yeasts create problems. But also proteins on yeast could cause problems. In this case, dead yeast do not solve the problem.

But ask your doctor what you can eat, what you should never eat again, and what you can experiment. And never take too seriously medical advice from internet (and so from me). Food intolerance and human body are very complex and strange interactions.

And after you talk to your doctor and get a real handle on what you can and cannot eat, talk to your matire d and your waiters once you are on the ship. Celebrity does a great job of helping people with food allergies or issues but they need to really know what your issues are. My wife has a running list that includes all fish and seafood and that means anything made with fish paste etc. We talk to the staff on day one and it is all taken care of the rest of the cruise.

Hello,

I have just discovered that I have intolerant food, can you tell me if they make bread without yeast? I do not know what to eat for breakfast

thank you!!

Oatmeal, eggs, bacon a wide variety of foods available for breakfast... vegan or not... ;-)

bon appetite and bon voyage

Other options - yogurt, a plate of fruit and some cheese, hot cereal like oatmeal, a little smoked salmon, hash brown potatoes, something from the British section like baked beans and sausages, etc. Lots of options, just walk around the buffet and explore.

never heard that cooked bread loses yeast ... fortunately I'm not intolerant to gluten, but yeasts, eggs and coffee (hence my desperation for breakfast) anyway thanks for the suggestion of rice for breakfast!

A breakfast without a cappuccino and cornetto must be hell for an Italian . But if those are your only restrictions, then there are so many alternatives, as the PPs have suggested. You'll find all kinds of fresh fruits and juices. Hot and cold cereals. Yogurts and cheeses. Cold cuts, bacon and sausages. And if you're craving a flat bread, you could ask for some flour tortillas. Breakfast pastries may be problematic, because while some are yeast free, many will contain eggs. If you want a hot drink, there's tea or hot chocolate (I don't care for their regular tea - I bring my own supply of tea bags.)

Thank you all !!!

I have the problem for the bread (yeast). I’m intolerant also to coffee, eggs and legumes so i don’t eat some food that you suggested me :-) but for dinner i don’t have a problem, I’ll eat some fish and meat! ;-)

A breakfast without a cappuccino and cornetto must be hell for an Italian . But if those are your only restrictions, then there are so many alternatives, as the PPs have suggested. You'll find all kinds of fresh fruits and juices. Hot and cold cereals. Yogurts and cheeses. Cold cuts, bacon and sausages. And if you're craving a flat bread, you could ask for some flour tortillas. Breakfast pastries may be problematic, because while some are yeast free, many will contain eggs. If you want a hot drink, there's tea or hot chocolate (I don't care for their regular tea - I bring my own supply of tea bags.)

:') Yes, cornetto and coffee (not cappuccino for me) is a problem for the italian people ;)

But I love eat scrambled eggs and bagel with salmon and cheese 😢 this year instead I will change ☹️

Hello,

I have just discovered that I have intolerant food, can you tell me if they make bread without yeast? I do not know what to eat for breakfast

thank you!!

Lavosh ( an unleavened bread) is widely available in the restaurants as well as the buffet. I just came off of Equinox on Saturday--and enjoyed lots of it.

have a good trip.

Lavosh ( an unleavened bread) is widely available in the restaurants as well as the buffet. I just came off of Equinox on Saturday--and enjoyed lots of it.

have a good trip.

Wow, is similar to “carasau” (sardinian bread) ! Thanks! :)

Thank you all !!!

I have the problem for the bread (yeast). I’m intolerant also to coffee, eggs and legumes so i don’t eat some food that you suggested me :-) but for dinner i don’t have a problem, I’ll eat some fish and meat! ;-)

Eggs are used in a lot of dishes. A great number of N. American and English style breads include eggs. Also Brioche and Challah style breads/rolls.

Even though yeast is killed by baking, the bacteria is still present in the final product.

I would suggest getting in touch with the special needs department before your cruise.

If you have the beverage package they have smoothies at the Aqua Spa Cafe that I had in the morning a few timed. The juices are also refreshing! The fruit plate there was very good as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have the beverage package they have smoothies at the Aqua Spa Cafe that I had in the morning a few timed. The juices are also refreshing! The fruit plate there was very good as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you able to get them on the Classic Beverage Package or the Premium?