Live Web Cam & Plans of New Canaveral Terminal

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for this. I didn't realize the new terminal was that close to Grills.

why do they call it Grills since most everything is fried? :confused:

Personally we prefer Millikens ;)

This one's been fun to watch. All of the wall panels of the terminal were poured on site and lifted into position once the concrete cured.:)

The garage is being constructed like a huge set of Lincoln Logs. Each piece interlocks with the piece next to it :)

This one's been fun to watch. All of the wall panels of the terminal were poured on site and lifted into position once the concrete cured.:)

The garage is being constructed like a huge set of Lincoln Logs. Each piece interlocks with the piece next to it :)

We have been watching since it was nothing but flat land...it has been awesome seeing how it is being constructed. I was online late last night and they were still working at 1 a.m. with big lights on. Hope it is ready for our 11/23/14 cruise on the Freedom. :)

Edited by susieatsea

The Captain and Hotel Director on our 6/1/14 Freedom cruise told us that Freedom will start using that new terminal in November.

Any word what the current terminal will be used for?

Any word what the current terminal will be used for?

Facilitating the loading of passengers onto ocean going vessels. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

LOL

Royal Caribbean is listed as the main tenant of the new terminal, so I would imagine all departures and port visits by RCI will use the new terminal

Thanks for this. I didn't realize the new terminal was that close to Grills.
It is right next to Grills where the fisherman used to put their boats in. Many locals are VERY UNHAPPY with this & Grills was also VERY unhappy, to put it mildly. I'm kind of excited as a cruiser but it does take away some of the charm of the Port. That's growth for ya though. It's all about the $$.

At first I thought they were building this for an Oasis ship but now I think it's for Quantum to make Port of Call stops. Still hoping for Oasis to come to PC though!

Edited by Jax129

It is right next to Grills where the fisherman used to put their boats in. Many locals are VERY UNHAPPY with this & Grills was also VERY unhappy, to put it mildly. I'm kind of excited as a cruiser but it does take away some of the charm of the Port. That's growth for ya though. It's all about the $$.

Where they are building the terminal used to be a park (a bit run-down though) and a parking area for the area boaters. They would use the ramp to launch their boats and had lots of space to park their vehicles and boat trailers. It was also a GREAT place to spend a few hours relaxing and watching the cruise ships pull out.

These photos were taken around 2 weeks ago FROM THE PATIO AT GRILLS. Just to show how close the new terminal is coming to them!! The one with people standing on the boat ramp is the public ramp that jax was referring to. If you look at the plans posted by the OP, Grills is right next to number 19 in the top left.

IMG_20140620_190658_379.jpg.2bbe53f311b564a5ca09977b89e5f849.jpg

IMG_20140620_190709_697.jpg.1c31fb23dbdb64528580db8e61ec7a9d.jpg

IMG_20140620_190744_931.jpg.066a42a00a52450be45be753a775b0ac.jpg

IMG_20140620_190930_595.jpg.ea0a1b50c6797452eb22d02821fd020e.jpg

IMG_20140620_190935_645.jpg.e3da0c4c1641ec47adf7d90aaeef0eb0.jpg

At first I thought they were building this for an Oasis ship but now I think it's for Quantum to make Port of Call stops. Still hoping for Oasis to come to PC though!

Kind of surprised Grills would be unhappy. Should see a huge increase in business when ships make a call at Terminal 10

Kind of surprised Grills would be unhappy. Should see a huge increase in business when ships make a call at Terminal 10

That's very true, but unfortunately many people are very short-sighted and can't see the bigger picture. They should especially benefit since the plan for the new terminal shows a plaza between them and the terminal which would allow pax to walk over and visit them!

On the Freedom a month ago we were told part of the reason was they needed a emergency/back up port for the Oasis/Allure.

The Captain and Hotel Director on our 6/1/14 Freedom cruise told us that Freedom will start using that new terminal in November.
Good to know for our upcoming FR cruises -- 2-22-2015, 5-17-2015, 8-30-2015 & 1-10-2016. Wonder if our EX 12-4 cruise will depart from this terminal.

These photos were taken around 2 weeks ago FROM THE PATIO AT GRILLS. Just to show how close the new terminal is coming to them!! The one with people standing on the boat ramp is the public ramp that jax was referring to. If you look at the plans posted by the OP, Grills is right next to number 19 in the top left.
Thanks for posting the pictures. Have not checked the webcam in awhile. We will pass the terminal on our 8-18-2014 EN cruise.

The terminal looks so far away from the water.

If you look at my pics...you see the red pillars coming out of the ground in front of the new terminal?? Thats the new water line....there going to remove everything between them and the current water line....at least that's what I suspect...[emoji572]