A little confused about Alchemy Bar

I plan to purchase the Cheers program.

I like really good margaritas. Looks like I can get those at the Alchemy Bar on the Liberty, and have them concoct one with higher shelf tequila. Maybe a splash of Grand Marnier?

The reason I am confused (easy for me ha ha) is that I saw a menu and it didn't seem to list margaritas.

Between the coffee, water, and now allowing up to $50 liquor on the Cheers program it seems even better than it was. Especially if I can get a high margarita. Looks like maybe the Alchemy Bar is where to get it?

TIA!

I like really good margaritas. Looks like I can get those at the Alchemy Bar on the Liberty, and have them concoct one with higher shelf tequila. Maybe a splash of Grand Marnier?

The reason I am confused (easy for me ha ha) is that I saw a menu and it didn't seem to list margaritas.

Between the coffee, water, and now allowing up to $50 liquor on the Cheers program it seems even better than it was. Especially if I can get a high margarita. Looks like maybe the Alchemy Bar is where to get it?

TIA!

I think the tequila bar would be a better place for margaritas. Alchemy is a martini bar. But yes, you can get high end liquor at both places.

The bartender's at the poolside blue iguana bar are not mixologists like those at the Alchemy Bar. If you want good drinks made, the Alchemy Bar is THE place. It's perfect for happy hour and post dinner drinking. The poolside bar is good for frozen drinks, shots, beers etc.

YMMV of course depending upon which ship you're on, but the girls we had on the Freedom at Alchemy were great and they went off menu for me all of the time, including drinks that included fresh ginger or were spicy being infused with habanero peppers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

you can substitute high end alcohol for the cheaper version with no worries on cheers. you cant, however, create your own drink that has multiple shots.

For instance

you can get a long island iced tea with premium alcohol (multiple shots of alcohol in total)

you cant get a drink you create like (2 shots of vodka, 1 shot XX liquor, orange juice, grenadine)... this is considered multiple shots and are not included in cheers.

it has to be on the menu. if they make it already, its included. if they don't and its multiple shots, its not allowed.

The restriction to a single shot per drink is not necessarily true relative to the Alchemy. As most of the "martinis" that the Alchemy makes include more than one shot of liquor, the special concoctions they make for patrons may include, and frequently do, more than one shot. Have had Cheers for the last several cruises and have been served special drinks on each that contain more than "one" shot. They have some discretion. Relative to the first question, I have had Margaritas at the Alchemy. Both special flavored and basic.

TIA!

The Alchemy Bar does a lot of things off menu. So even though they don't have margaritas on the menu, they will probably be able to make you a great fresh one. Also they don't have pre-made mixes like sweet and sour, so it would probably be made with lime juice and simple syrup, which will be a lot higher quality. They will also be able to add other flavors as well if you like to experiment a little.

As others have said you can definitely get a variety of top shelf margaritas at the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar on the Lido deck, but the Alchemy will have a fresher more creative version.

it has to be on the menu. if they make it already, its included. if they don't and its multiple shots, its not allowed.

From my own personal experience on the Freedom, this was the way it went at the majority of the bars on board, with the exception of the Alchemy. The bartender's had to go with a drink on the menu, but the ingredients could be upgraded or substituted.

On the other hand, the Alchemy Bar had leinency to go off the menu and create their own unique concoctions. Because of this you could really get your monies worth.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I have been at the alchemy bar on several different ships with the cheers package. Often I have asked them to make something with tequila and citrus and they have made drinks way better than any margarita on the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sounds like either way, I'm going to have fun! The best thing about Cheers was that I could try different things and not feel like I wasted money if I didn't like them.

Have you searched Achlemy Bar menu????

Many good options IMO!

Has anyone asked for drinks with little or no simple syrup? Just don't like those super sweet drinks.
The Alchemy Bar is not like any other bar, with the closest I've experienced cruising is the old Molecular Bar on Celebrity. There aren't any super sweet drinks on their menu and everything can be customized to your liking. They are not cranking out drinks as fast as possible and even using pre-made nonsense like I have seen at the pool side bars. The mixologists take the time to listen to your wants and then craft something that will make your palate happy.

The Alchemy Bar is my favorite, because the drinks are so creative. The bartenders frequently will make delicious things not listed on the menu, after finding out your spirit and taste preferences. That said, they are mainly a martini bar, but they have all the things. Tell them you like tequila and see what they come up with! I've never been disappointed.

Or, go to the Blue Iguana and get the "Iguana's Classic" (if you like frozen). They use Cazadores Reposado, but you can upgrade to Patron, Herradura or Don Julio. "Blue's Patron Margarita is tasty, too (rocks).

This was our favorite bar on the ship. The drinks were amazing and freshly made.

We hit this before and after dinner with our cheers program.

If you notice at the other bars, the mixes are premade and weak.

These are hand made and pure indulgence!

Thanks to everyone for sharing about the drinks. I had noticed things like the mojito martini that listed simple syrup and was a bit concerned. But understanding that they actually can craft the drinks, sounds like I will be very happy.

On our last Hawaii cruise the bar was running out of supplies on day 13. That's when the drinks got extremely creative.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Alchemy is a martini bar.
The Alchemy bar is Martinis
While Alchemy promotes their martinis, it is a (mostly) full service cocktail bar. In addition to the martinis, they have their twist on a Manhattan, Side Car, Old Fashioned, Moscow Mule (and more) and can make you an off-menu item pretty easily - one table mate had a Sazerac last night.

Though I wouldn't come here for top-shelf margaritas.

ETA: Apparently I did not read the entire thread before responding. Probably should have just deleted my response!

Edited by KevnSue

Though I wouldn't come here for top-shelf margaritas.

The Alchemy bar on the Freedom made a better tasting high end margarita compared to the pre-made nonsense from the Blue Iguana. The pool side bars make their drinks as quick as possible, using pre-made components and sometimes even entire pre-made batches poured from a half gallon container.

The Alchemy takes the time to ask you how you would like your drink to be crafted, what you would prefer liquor wise and they'll use fresh lime juice and a smidgen of simple syrup instead of institutional crap. And Grand Marnier instead of triple sec.