Can we switch passenger from one cabin to another ?

Sonata10

Hi,

We are booked on Soltice June 15th, 2018. Even we travel extensively but this is the 1st time with Celebrity and 3rd cruising ( the other cruises were with RCL)

I booked online, no TA., I need to prepare and learn a lot of things to avoid unpleasant surprise.

There was not connected cabins available, so I booked cabin # 1178 and 1285 across the hallway. Should I keep them or switch to the cabin next to each other, on the same side?

Because my daughter is 17 years old, I have to be in the same cabin with her and my husband is in the same cabin with my son. Can we switch cabin when we get on board or can we get the keys for the other cabin?

Is that a big difference between the Concierge class and the Veranda class? Do I need to make reservation for the shows and specialty diner before boarding?

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Yes, you can switch cabins once on board and get a room key for the new cabin. If you can get 2 cabins next to each other, even if not connecting, you should do that. Your 17 year old would be able to have a booking with her brother. There is not a big difference between a veranda cabin and a concierge cabin on Solstice.

Celebrity does not take reservations for shows.

They often offer on board discounts for specialty restaurants so you might get a deal by waiting, unless it is a holiday sailing when deals are hard to come by.

Yes, you can switch cabins once on board and get a room key for the new cabin. If you can get 2 cabins next to each other, even if not connecting, you should do that. Your 17 year old would be able to have a booking with her brother. There is not a big difference between a veranda cabin and a concierge cabin on Solstice.

Celebrity does not take reservations for shows.

They often offer on board discounts for specialty restaurants so you might get a deal by waiting, unless it is a holiday sailing when deals are hard to come by.

If I get 2 cabins next to each other, which side of the ship should I pick?

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

I would like to know which side of the ship has better view? Coastal side or Ocean view side? I don't know much about picking the good cabin

I was just teasing. Coastal side will offer a better view, in my opinion. But it depends on your preference.

I believe that celebrity's position is:

• Occupying own cabin: Those under 21 must share a cabin with a person over 21, unless minor children are cruising with their parents or guardians and staying in an adjacent cabin.

Not sure how they define adjacent, but I believe across the hall is considered adjacent.

You can get keys to any cabin if the cabin occupant (at least the one listed) ok's it. It's not an unusual request when travelling with other family members....or even meaningful others that you met before or even during your cruise.

Realtity check: Contrary to the "cabin police" on this board (just joking), Celebrity does not do bed checks or facial recognition.....no one knows (or cares) who sleeps in what cabins.

Edited by ghstudio

Thanks for all your advice. Another question, do we need to bring passport ?

Either a passport or one of several other approved documents that you will require for entry into Canada and subsequent re-entry into the US. American citizens who are traveling to and from Canada by car or boat can use a passport, passport card, or a Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative-compliant document such as an Enhanced Driver's License or Nexus card.

Edited by Fouremco

I believe that celebrity's position is:

• Occupying own cabin: Those under 21 must share a cabin with a person over 21, unless minor children are cruising with their parents or guardians and staying in an adjacent cabin.

Not sure how they define adjacent, but I believe across the hall is considered adjacent.

You can get keys to any cabin if the cabin occupant (at least the one listed) ok's it. It's not an unusual request when travelling with other family members....or even meaningful others that you met before or even during your cruise.

Realtity check: Contrary to the "cabin police" on this board (just joking), Celebrity does not do bed checks or facial recognition.....no one knows (or cares) who sleeps in what cabins.

When our kids were younger Celebrity considered across the hall "adjacent". We would usually book an inside for the kids and a balcony for ourselves. When booking online we also had to split the room Adult/kid because the online software would not take two kids in one room but never had and issue once onboard switching the keys at the front desk. And yes no one cares, we also just switched room keys before we learned that the ship was ok with two kids in one room. Concierge is a waste of $$ unless the price difference over a regular veranda is very small (like $50).

You will need your passport, or official birth certificate and government issued photo ID because your cruise stops in Victoria. You will also need a passport if you do the train in Skagway, or rent a car and drive to the Canadian border. Leaving from Seattle the best views will be on the starboard side.

If I get 2 cabins next to each other, which side of the ship should I pick?

With your roundtrip passage there is no significant difference in the views between port and starboard.

More significant would be what is below and above your cabin - cabins below or above are generally quieter than public spaces. There are several websites that allow you to see what is on each deck and thus what is above or below you choice of cabin. I use

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/index.php

since it allows you to slide one deck over another to see exactly what is over or under a cabin.

Have a wonderful cruise.

When we traveled with our minor daughters we had to book they same way as you. Our cabins didn't adjoin. We didn't worry about changing the names and the cabin assignments after the booking. We just sent our girls to their room and claimed the other room for our own. Our cabin steward was the same and he completely understood. No one ever said a word.

Friends of ours had booked two cabins, one balcony for them and one inside across the hall for their teenage kids and never had a problem...and as I recall, neither were even 17 years old. I think you merely need to have one child that is 16 years old and declare you are responsible for them. Things may have changed but I think I would call to get a definite answer. Another consideration would be to check how your perks are affected ....or not affected, especially if you decide to book a concierge or aqua class cabin.

If you decide to book two cabins side by side, definitely consider one of their connecting cabins. On the S-class ships, they have a common door in the hallway that can block off the two separate cabin doors. You could simply close the hallway cabin and keep the cabin doors open.

And ... if you decide to book a regular veranda cabin, if you are sensitive to smoke, you may not want to book a cabin on deck 6 (maybe even deck 7) that is midship on the port side. The smoking area is just below this on deck 5 on that side of the ship.

PS ... I strongly suggest bringing a passport on any cruise. For your closed loop sailings with embarkation and debarkation in the US, for example, Seattle to Seattle, you could get away with a less expensive form of identification but there are limitations to catching a flight back into the US in the case of an emergency....as well as other requirements for entering countries. It is really the ultimate form of ID and even though it is pricier, especially for 4 family members, it does last for 10 years.