Favorite Solstice Class ship?

patterson3

For people that have sailed on more than 1 solstice class ship, do you have a favorite, or are they pretty much interchangeable in your opinion? If you do have a favorite, what separates your favorite ship from the other S-class ships you've been on?

We have only been on two (Silhouette and Eclipse) and find them pretty much interchangeable. The major difference in these two ships is that the Silhouette has the Lawn Restaurant wheras the Eclipse has the Corning Glassworks Show. We enjoy both of those venues and do not think that either tilts our opinion.

Hank

My favorite Solstice class ship is the Celebrity Silhouette. We did a Western Caribbean cruise last March and the overall vacation experience was exceptional. The staff and crew were approachable and friendly, the food was excellent and the ship was beautiful and well-maintained. We also enjoyed the coffee and the Hideaway Lounge on deck 7. The only caveat here is that the Silhouette needs to go in for repairs and is not able to cruise at top speed at the present time.

We have a soft spot for the Solstice. It was our first European cruise. However, we had an amazing cruise on the Silhouette last Spring. The crew was the best at sea IOHO. Everywhere we went, they smiled, called us by name and genuinely were having a good time with the passengers. Lucky us that we are sailing on her again in a few weeks (after the repair of the azipod issue). We also like the Lawn Club Grill on the silhouette better than the glass show. It never hurts when you are on shore and people say, I sure wish we were on THAT ship as opposed to theirs.

We've only been on two so far, the Eclipse and the Silhouette; they are stunning and I wouldn't hesitate to sail on either again. They are of course very similar, but if I had to pick a favorite between the two, I'd pick the Silhouette, because I think having the Lawn Club Grill and the Porch (but particularly the former) are big pluses. (They even outweigh the unsightly alcoves.) I've seen glass blown many times, I'd rather have another good dining venue in that space, as on the Silhouette.

Sometimes it is hard to separate the ship from the cruise. A particular cruise may have been super special because of where it went, who you cruised with, how the seas were, etc., etc.

Trying to be objective vis a vis the ship alone, I pick Equinox. She is the most beautiful ship I have ever sailed on, and I have sailed on all Celebrity ships past and present except Reflection (plus six on other lines). I would love to sail her again.

Trying to be objective vis a vis the ship alone, I pick Equinox. She is the most beautiful ship I have ever sailed on, and I have sailed on all Celebrity ships past and present except Reflection (plus six on other lines). I would love to sail her again.

I'm curious, what about the Equinox made her more beautiful than, say, the Eclipse?

Been on Eclipse, Slillie and Reflection.

Reflection was a bit crowded.

Sillie and reflection have Lawn Club, I ate there on Sille last month, and it was unbearably hot and uncomfortable, so I don't find it a valuable experience.

Eclipse is my favorite, but I could care less for the glass show.

Generally I'd say all are interchangeable, but for reflections crowding.

I have previously sailed on the Solstice, Equinox, Reflection, and soon to be Eclipse! I must say that the Solstice Class of ships are my favourite of any kind. They are mostly the same, however, I enjoyed the Reflection very much with its few changes, especially to the Lawn Club. The glass-blowing show is something to see once or twice (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse), however on the Silhouette and Reflection, I enjoyed The Alcoves again and again. Also, The Lawn Club Grill restaurant is a must do on the Silhouette or Reflection. For those who enjoy arts and crafts, The Art Studio aboard the Silhouette and Reflection are fun on sea days. Also, Silhouette and Reflection, I find, have a better selection of shopping. However, I enjoyed the fountains by the pool only available on the Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse, as well as the Silk Harvest Restaurant over Qsine on the Solstice and Equinox. These ships are mainly interchangeable, you will enjoy any Solstice class ship you sail on, however, I would choose the Reflection out of my favourites.

The Cruising Queen

NCL Jewel 2009

NCL Epic 2011

RCCL Allure OTS 2011

Celebrity Equinox 2012

Carnival Glory 2012

Celebrity Reflection 2013

Celebrity Solstice 2013

RCCL Radiance OTS 2014

!Celebrity Eclipse 2015!

!Cunard Queen Elizabeth 2015!

Edited by TheCruisingQueen

We have sailed on the Eclipse, Silhouette and Solstice and found the three ships to be quite similar.

Our favorite is the Solstice! That was partly due to the amazing AU/NZ itinerary and the active CC roll call (January, 2014).

The real plus of this Solstice cruise was the Hotel Director - Tom Brady! His genuine, congenial presence was everywhere; and this flowed through to his entire staff who exemplified his high 5-Star service standards.

Been on all five and the first three............ Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse are the best. Hot Glass show, bigger Skylouge , fewer cabins overall.

We are going to sail on Silhouette in Mar. I'm going to miss not having the Corning Glassworks Show. I really like the Corning Glassworks Show. I would put them in this order. Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse.

Sailed on all but Reflection. The Silhouette is our current favorite, with Eclipse not far behind. I couldn't put them in a listed order, I like them all. So why did I just book 3 cruises on Millennium? Search me.:rolleyes:

We are going to sail on Silhouette in Mar. I'm going to miss not having the Corning Glassworks Show. I really like the Corning Glassworks Show. I would put them in this order. Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse.

bigbenboys you can't eat glass. Please try the Lawn Club Grill on Silhouette. I promise the steak will melt in your mouth. Order one of the seafood kabobs to go with it. Enjoy your cruise on Silhouette.

bigbenboys you can't eat glass. Please try the Lawn Club Grill on Silhouette. I promise the steak will melt in your mouth. Order one of the seafood kabobs to go with it. Enjoy your cruise on Silhouette.

I strongly second the advice to eat at the Lawn Club Grill on the Silhouette. In our two weeks aboard the TA this fall, we found the food all over the ship to be excellent, but we had one of our best dinners at the Lawn Club Grill.

Did you have the "melting chocolate cookie"? OMG It is sooooooo good:D Next time less flatbread and more steak, lamb and kabobs lol

Edited by Christine Frances

Did you have the "melting chocolate cookie"? OMG It is sooooooo good:D Next time less flatbread and more steak, lamb and kabobs lol

OK, I alter my statement about Lawn club being miserably hot, in that the melting cookie saved the evening. it was amazing. The maitre' d as an apology for the heat, even invited us back for a second desert another night if we wanted to LOL

We have only been on the Solstice, Reflection and Equinox. Solstice holds a special place for me since it was our first cruise on X. We loved Reflection, we did not have the pleasure of eating at the Lawn Club Grill but did enjoy the Porch and Quisine. I would say Equinox may be my favorite - it is well appointed, has fantastic artwork and wonderful service! I thought the art was a little over the top on Reflection, IMO. We have never attended the glass show, and while I know they have a strong following it just doesn't seem like anything I care to take time out of my day or night to see. Each time we go we say we will go to see what all the fuss is about but never make it. I would rather they take that out and add the Porch and Lawn Club Grill.

Yes, Christine I did have the melting chocolate cookie, after the flatbread which turned into a pizza, the salad and the Filet!! I was so full I wasn't able to breathe for 4 hours.:D:D:D

Next time we went back, we had sense and had very little on the flatbread (I only had one piece)! I do wish they would put that place on the entire fleet.

Of the 3 I've been on I rate them in this order: Eclipse, Silhouette, Reflection. I'm a fan of the hot glass shows, and they really contributed to the activities on board. My other reasons for preferring Eclipse have to do with how well the Blu staff worked so well together and how the artwork onboard spoke to me. I can confidently say that I won't sail on Reflection again. It did feel crowded to me, and there was less to do in the evening. I missed Quasar for some lively music, missed the gorgeous sky lounge, missed having the hot glass show. I don't normally utilize specialty dining, but have eaten in Tuscan Grill on each, and Tuscan Grill on Reflection did not compare favorably in food or service to Eclipse and Silhouette.

I know the service and amenity cuts have played a big role in swaying my opinion. Eclipse was flawless. We had a nice assortment of canapés. Delivered daily, turn-down service with chocolates left nightly, ice delivered twice daily as promised, fresh flowers and assorted fruits in our stateroom. That experience had been dumbed down a bit by the time we sailed the Silhouette. We had to ask for ice. We were told to fill out a form if we wanted canapés. After talking to our steward he agreed to bring them daily without the form. At least we had our chocolates! And flowers for the room, and the sea day brunch! On the Reflection we had to ask for ice, were told no form, no canapés, no flowers, no chocolates, no brunch. The fruit plate held green apples only. It was underwhelming. In the end, a cruise is what you make of it (as long as staff interactions are positive), but I feel that Celebrity has been getting very stingy. The only thing holding me is their stringent smoking policy.

It the crew that makes the ship, and the crew is always changing

We had a terrible time in the the lawn grill, it really turned me off

But it was with a group of 20, one group , they let them make their pizzas, our group , they just drop some crap pizzas on our table, the gultan free was terrible, had to ask 3 times for bake potable , really at a grill not getting a bake potable :rolleyes:

I would never do a restaurant with more then a group of eight

Edited by Airbalancer