Lunch on Embarkation Day

NSAHO79

Hi there,

I am travelling on the Carnival Magic with three seniors. We will not be arriving until at least noon. Other than the buffet, what places can you get lunch. I don't expect to find seating for four in the buffet at that time of day and my friends would not be able to stand around too long.

Thanks for any info.

Hi there,

I am travelling on the Carnival Magic with three seniors. We will not be arriving until at least noon. Other than the buffet, what places can you get lunch. I don't expect to find seating for four in the buffet at that time of day and my friends would not be able to stand around too long.

Thanks for any info.

People are coming & going constantly on the Lido deck at lunch, you should be able to find a table since most people will eat then go explore the ship.

Hi there,

Thanks for any info.

I agree with the others that you should be able to find seating at Lido. Feel free to reach out to the staff available at Lido to assist you with the needs of your seniors. They're typically very willing and happy to assist. Just don't be afraid to ask. That way you'll be able to enjoy your lunch, find your cabin when they become available, and get ready for the safety drill.

Go to cucina del Capitano. Free lunch and usually no one in there.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

I agree with this idea. guests are served - no need to stand in line and there is an elevator right near the entrance. Food is quite good and the venue is rarely crowded on the first day at lunch.

You may find something down at the little bar by Alchemy on Deck 5; during the cruise they serve continental breakfast and some cold lunch stuff. Just can't remember if it was open then. Also check Pig and Anchor to see if that is open. Traveling with seniors I often leave them parked someplace and scope things out and then fetch.

At noon you will have you choice of where you want to sit. We find a table park ourselves and have a leisurely lunch. As the crowd begins to swell tables fill up but never have seen lots of people standing around with food in hand looking for places to sit. Once you arrive at the buffett find a place to sit and then go get lunch. Have one or more stay at your table as not to lose it.

[Cucina del Capitano lunch]

I agree with this idea. guests are served - no need to stand in line and there is an elevator right near the entrance. Food is quite good and the venue is rarely crowded on the first day at lunch.

Concur. The pasta bar, far from being "no big whoop," was actually quite good when we tried it on the Vista, and even on the 2nd and 4th days of our sailing there were still several tables available.

On embark day it was a madhouse on the Lido just down the stairs from us, and we felt a little guilty about having a nice, complimentary, uncrowded sit-down meal right above the madness. :halo: