Regal Obstructed View Balcony Marina Deck

myfuzzy

I am noticing that forward balconies on Marina deck, on the Regal Princess are considered Obstructed. Per Princess websiteSpecial Notes:

PART OBSTRUCTED VIEWGLASS BALCONY RAIL

We sailed on the Regal before and do have photos of that part of the ship, but I cannot figure out what the obstruction would be. I can see the very forward, cabin M110 would have the steel, but all other balconies look like regular glass. Could anyone verify what the obstruction is.

I am noticing that forward balconies on Marina deck, on the Regal Princess are considered Obstructed. Per Princess websiteSpecial Notes:

PART OBSTRUCTED VIEWGLASS BALCONY RAIL

We sailed on the Regal before and do have photos of that part of the ship, but I cannot figure out what the obstruction would be. I can see the very forward, cabin M110 would have the steel, but all other balconies look like regular glass. Could anyone verify what the obstruction is.

It might be looking down. Some of the balconies have part of the promenade or life boats in the view straight down.

If that's it...who cares?

It might be looking down. Some of the balconies have part of the promenade or life boats in the view straight down.

If that's it...who cares?

Truth is, I don't....but the promenade and life boats are on E deck, not Marina,

If you are in a forward facing cabin, the "obstruction" is a solid metal wall at the balcony rail, instead of the blue plexiglass. The first few cabins on the sides of the Marina and Riviera decks have the forward views obstructed by the bridge wings.

No, I am not looking at forward facing cabins. I had one on the Caribbean Princess, though it was considered obstructed ocean view, these are on the side. Then the obstruction is actually the "bridge wing" and nothing pertaining to the balcony itself.

The first two or three cabins on the side of the marina deck are considered obstructed as they have a metal not glass railing. That is the only obstruction. There are a couple (including M119 which I've sailed in) that used to be considered obstructed as they were to have the metal railing but ended up without it during the build. I believe its now only the first two cabins on each side at the front that are priced as obstructed on Marina

The forward balconies are obstructed only because of the steel railing instead of plexi-glass and the fact that the bridge is below you. These balconies are also on Lido deck forward, which is our favourite deck. The balconies are really huge. Marina deck is below Lido and can be noisy.

No, I am not looking at forward facing cabins. I had one on the Caribbean Princess, though it was considered obstructed ocean view, these are on the side. Then the obstruction is actually the "bridge wing" and nothing pertaining to the balcony itself.

Yes, some (couple of?side facing) have a steel balcony rail rather than glass. ;)

Think I saw a side of ship photo or 2 here on CC at one time.

• 4 months later...

I saw a picture somewhere but can't find it now. The steel actually replaces the glass the same height as all the other balcony railings. So you will not be able to see anything below the level of the wood railing. Basically this means that when you are sitting in the lounge chair on the balcony or on any chair or bed inside the cabin, you will see only sky - nothing but steel below the level of the horizon unless you are very tall and sit up very straight.

hello- a bit late to this thread but can someone explain how far down the glass the steel goes? i hope to be able to SEE the ocean while sitting on the balcony? thanks

There are no glass/steel, its either one or the other. If its a steel obstructed balcony, they the only way you can see anything is if you stand up. When sitting, you have no view.

DW and I enjoyed this stateroom last year. In addition to the metal walls on the front of the balcony there is the top of the bridge structure that limits views down to the water (BTW, just out of your reach, mounted on the roof of the bridge is the ship's "blackbox" recording device, which is actually orange). You will be afforded wide, sweeping views of whatever lies ahead. This year we chose M103 over M101 because it looks like the view down to the water will be less impacted.

DW and I enjoyed this stateroom last year. In addition to the metal walls on the front of the balcony there is the top of the bridge structure that limits views down to the water (BTW' date=' just out of your reach, mounted on the roof of the bridge is the ship's "blackbox" recording device, which is actually orange). You will be afforded wide, sweeping views of whatever lies ahead. This year we chose M103 over M101 because it looks like the view down to the water will be less impacted.[/quote']

We loved M103. Great views when we were arriving in Venice. Have a terrific cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...