Time for two excursions?

We'll be on the Jewel in 2 weeks. During the St Thomas day, there are two excursions we are looking at. the 1st is the BOSS thing (underwater bikes). It goes from 8:30 - 12. The second in the KonTiki Boat. It's from 1-4. The person at the shore excursion line on RCCL said we could do both. I want to know if that's true. I'm concerned it may take more time to get back from the 1st, through the ship security and back to the meeting point (I'm assuming the stage area if it's anything like NCL).

Thoughts?

Also, is there a way to grab a lunch to go from somewhere? We could pay for room service, but again, not sure if there is time....

thanks!!

It's possible, since you seem like both are ship sponsored and they have said it's doable. I would probably try it if both were important, and just cross my fingers that I could make them both. I think that ordering lunch from rooms service would be almost impossible because of the time it would take for them to deliver it during your one hour (possibly shorter) time frame. I would not chance it. If you carry some zip lock baggies, you could get a few sandwiches, chips and cookies the night before from the cafe or make your own in the Windjammer the night before, put them in the fridge, scarf them down while changing and probably make it to the area to meet for your second excursion.

If you carry some zip lock baggies, you could get a few sandwiches, chips and cookies the night before from the cafe or make your own in the Windjammer the night before, put them in the fridge, scarf them down while changing and probably make it to the area to meet for your second excursion.

that's a great idea! I'll do that. thanks!!

You won't have time to get lunch between the 2 excursions..... and don't think you can bring sandwiches off the ship...you cannot. It's against laws to bring "fresh" foods off at any port.

You may want to pack some granola bars, or some other 'pre-packaged" food items with you. Prepackaged things are fine to bring ashore.

You won't have time to get lunch between the 2 excursions..... and don't think you can bring sandwiches off the ship...you cannot. It's against laws to bring "fresh" foods off at any port.

You may want to pack some granola bars, or some other 'pre-packaged" food items with you. Prepackaged things are fine to bring ashore.

Thanks!!

Excursions leaving when the ship docks sometimes meet onboard and get off together (especially when tender is involved) but later in the day they always meet on the pier. So when you get back from the first excursion look around the port meeting area for the second tour. Last few cruises they recommended 45 minutes between tours to allow the first to get back a bit late.

On other cruise lines tours tend to leave at the scheduled time. Our experience on RCI is that lots of people don't show up until the scheduled time and the tour leaves 15-20 minutes after the scheduled meeting time.

There are a few bars/food outlets in the Havensight pier area where you can probably grab something. Tour meeting place for the second tour may be inside the security fence, but you can see the signs from outside and can get the attention of the person checking people in. Then you can just wait for them to leave the secure area.

I would pick one, especially if you are not used to the heat. While you could do both, just not sure if you will enjoy it. Seems like a lot of stress for vacation.

The ports are fun just to walk around, grab a drink, a bite to eat, enjoy some music. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

We'll be on the Jewel in 2 weeks. During the St Thomas day, there are two excursions we are looking at. the 1st is the BOSS thing (underwater bikes). It goes from 8:30 - 12. The second in the KonTiki Boat. It's from 1-4. The person at the shore excursion line on RCCL said we could do both. I want to know if that's true. I'm concerned it may take more time to get back from the 1st, through the ship security and back to the meeting point (I'm assuming the stage area if it's anything like NCL).

Thoughts?

Also, is there a way to grab a lunch to go from somewhere? We could pay for room service, but again, not sure if there is time....

thanks!!

I would just pick one and do that. First few cruises we tried to fill the entire day and learned that it's just too much.

We did this once but it was in Rio de Janeiro, a port that we might not get the chance to visit again. We managed it but it was a huge rush in between the two to get to the bathroom and grab a sandwich to eat on the way to meeting point for the second trip (which was only OK because the meeting point was on the ship).

However, I don't think we would do it for a port that we would probably be able to visit again. I am inclined to agree with the "pick one" philosophy and be able to relax for the other half of the day without stressing over whether you're going to

make the second trip.

Unless you need to eat a "full-on" lunch for medical reasons, I would not worry about lunch. A couple of granola bars or packaged peanut butter or cheese and crackers and a bottle of water will hold most folks until they are back onboard. JMO! Hope you have a great time! :D