KLM Delft Blue house HAL former headoffice

Ine

KLM dutch airlines hands out Delft Blue houses in their business class on intercontinental flights.

It is just announced that house nr. 97 will be the former HAL headoffice in Rotterdam (now Hotel New York).

A wonderful collecters item!

https://blog.klm.com/hotel-new-york-put-in-delfts-blue/?WT.mc_id=C_WW_SocialCampaign_Facebook_Editorial_BlogHotelNY_blog_null_&WT.tsrc=SocialCampaign

KLM dutch airlines hands out Delft Blue houses in their business class on intercontinental flights.

It is just announced that house nr. 97 will be the former HAL headoffice in Rotterdam (now Hotel New York).

https://blog.klm.com/hotel-new-york-put-in-delfts-blue/?WT.mc_id=C_WW_SocialCampaign_Facebook_Editorial_BlogHotelNY_blog_null_&WT.tsrc=SocialCampaign

Beautiful building :). that is indeed a collectors' item.

We should have flown KLM next year ;)

That's great..We have two KLM houses from our Honeymoon flight from JFK to to Aruba in 1976..Both of ours have "Apricot Brandy" in them.. I found one of them on-line & it says it's house No. 2, but can't find the other one.. They are stamped from the Rynbende Distilleries in Holland.. There are lots of them for sale on E-Bay.. Some with liquor in them & others are empty.. Wish we had more of them.. They are lovely..

Love the little delft building! Do you happen to know if a DELTA flight, operating on a KLM route (since the two lines are connected) also has them? I would book that airline to get one.

Love the little delft building! Do you happen to know if a DELTA flight, operating on a KLM route (since the two lines are connected) also has them? I would book that airline to get one.

No, only KLM operated long haul flights have them. They are a gift for business class passengers. One per person per flight. There are now 97 different houses and each flight carries a different subset. Don't book KLM just to get the HAL house because the chance is high that number 97 isn't on your flight. There is a KLM houses app that lists all the houses with descriptions of their history and lets you keep track of which ones you have collected and which ones you miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No Ruth, you only get them if the flight if operated by KLM itself, no matter if you've booked a codeshare or not.

No, only KLM operated long haul flights have them.

No Ruth, you only get them if the flight if operated by KLM itself, no matter if you've booked a codeshare or not.

Thank you both for the reply. Guess that idea is shot to #^(! . :(

I was thinking of some routes that KLM used to split with Northwest, which was then taken over by Delta. It was all sort of like one, big, happy family.

I would book a cruise out of Amsterdam or Rotterdam, and take a flight from Boston, but it couldn't be KLM, as they don't have that run; I would have to go to JFK to get KLM. It isn't worth the ride down to take a chance on getting the right delft gift.

But as was posted, there's always E-Bay.

No unfortunately only on KLM business class transatlantic and intercontinental flights. However after a while those houses sometimes can be bought on e-bay as well as on http://www.klm-huisjes.nl/

No, only KLM operated long haul flights have them. They are a gift for business class passengers. One per person per flight. There are now 97 different houses and each flight carries a different subset. Don't book KLM just to get the HAL house because the chance is high that number 97 isn't on your flight. There is a KLM houses app that lists all the houses with descriptions of their history and lets you keep track of which ones you have collected and which ones you miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

During the 1st month after the new houses are issued KLM has a lot of them on board. After that indeed it is wait and see.

My cousin has a blue and white kitchen. She and her husband found a whole batch of the little houses at a yard sale for practically nothing. They look so cute lined up on a shelf in that kitchen.

They are on HAL right now, maybe for the first time. I must remember to tell her about the tiles.

Thank you both for the reply. Guess that idea is shot to #^(! . :(

I was thinking of some routes that KLM used to split with Northwest, which was then taken over by Delta. It was all sort of like one, big, happy family.

I would book a cruise out of Amsterdam or Rotterdam, and take a flight from Boston, but it couldn't be KLM, as they don't have that run; I would have to go to JFK to get KLM. It isn't worth the ride down to take a chance on getting the right delft gift.

But as was posted, there's always E-Bay.

FYI, I happen to know someone who will be flying bus. class to Europe in 16 days. They may be willing to part with one if they get the new issue. [emoji6]

Smooth Sailing! [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

FYI, I happen to know someone who will be flying bus. class to Europe in 16 days. They may be willing to part with one if they get the new issue. [emoji6]

Smooth Sailing!

Gerri, if all the stars align, I would be thrilled to take the piece off your friend's hands. For a consideration, of course. ;)

Let me know when the time comes.

Gerri, if all the stars align, I would be thrilled to take the piece off your friend's hands. For a consideration, of course. ;)

Let me know when the time comes.

We leave on the 26th. ;-)

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...