Baggage Allowance

wsantelope

My mom is having a heart attack because the luggage tags say you can only bring 2 bags per person. Is this correct? I don’t remember a limit when I have cruises in the past. She has a lot of medical supplies and devices that she needs to bring (oxygen concentrator (small), cpap, scooter, wheelchair (for tender ports)....

What is the real story? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can take as much as you want. They ask that you limit your luggage to 2 per person just like they ask that it not be over 50lbs. However if you go over either one of those, you're still fine. There is no penalties or they don't charge you extra or refuse extra bags. Take what you need, you'll be fine.

Do keep in mind though, that airlines are different. While Southwest doesn't charge for luggage other airlines charge anywhere from $35-$65 PER BAG.

Some folks appear to do exactly that!

I wonder if some people need to rent a U-Haul to get to the port. :')

I see people taking huge box fans, whiteboards, all sorts of stuff. I cannot imagine traveling with half of the stuff some people take with them.

Last cruise someone brought on 6 large suitcases for a 7 day cruise.

Makes me wonder if they left any clothes at home

:rolleyes:

Maybe they they were Diamond and wanted to use the free wash and fold service to the fullest extent.

:D;)

My mom is having a heart attack because the luggage tags say you can only bring 2 bags per person. Is this correct? I don’t remember a limit when I have cruises in the past. She has a lot of medical supplies and devices that she needs to bring (oxygen concentrator (small), cpap, scooter, wheelchair (for tender ports)....

What is the real story? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously though, medical equipment can not be denied with the exception of a few select certain things like an actual oxygen tank.

As others have said the porters are hard on checked luggage so my advice is to use the wheelchair as a dolly for the cpap and other carry-ons that you can. Once past security just push the wheelchair through the terminal and up the gangplank. Certain ports will give a sort of priority boarding if a mobility impaired passenger is boarding with their own attendant/caregiver to handle a wheelchair.

Rumor has it your favorite sister gets stored under the bed as well.:)

She never has' date=' to my knowledge [emoji848']. One HI cruise we did have Jane and John under our bed for a few days.

I see people taking huge box fans, whiteboards, all sorts of stuff. I cannot imagine traveling with half of the stuff some people take with them.

We are gonna miss our 2 box fans we sleep with on our cruise. We will howeve buy an alarm clock with white noise to bring instead much smaller

Carnival does provide wheel chairs (not sure if there is a fee). I would call in advance about the medical devices to see if there are any special procedures. Have a great time.

I'm 99% positive that the wheel chairs are limited and you cannot take them off of the ship for excursions. You are better off bringing your own.

The only time we have been asked to limit our luggage was last month when we sailed on the Paradise to Cuba. We received a notice to please try to limit our luggage to 1 bag per person. Not sure why except maybe on previous Cuba cruises people brought many pieces of luggage filled with items to leave with the Cuban people. Otherwise, no explanation.

Carnival does provide wheel chairs (not sure if there is a fee). I would call in advance about the medical devices to see if there are any special procedures. Have a great time.

OP indicated that they have a wheelchair, not that they need one.

OP, I'm sure that with all of that medical equipment you have already done so, but if not, contact Carnival's Special Needs Department to make sure that everything is noted on her booking and that she is flagged for the special needs muster. She will have absolutely no issues taking all of her medical equipment and luggage with her! DH and I recently cruised with both of our cpaps, his scooter, and his rollator, checked 1 bag, and carried on one bag.

Do keep in mind though, that airlines are different. While Southwest doesn't charge for luggage other airlines charge anywhere from $35-$65 PER BAG.

The oldest marketing ploy in the book. Receive "free luggage" by paying more $400 for a ticket while the other, evil, guys charge you $250 for the ticket with a $50 baggage fee.

I guess we all have our idea of creature comforts. :D

The oldest marketing ploy in the book. Receive "free luggage" by paying more $400 for a ticket while the other, evil, guys charge you $250 for the ticket with a $50 baggage fee.

I know this depends on the airport/airline but where I am, nobody comes close to price that Southwest can offer us. Yes, we price shop but in 20+ flights, nobody has ever beaten Southwest in my area.