Celebrity Equinox Itinerary Change

Swinden

Hello all,

Don't know if that has already been posted or not. This is from Celebrity's travel alert page: https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert

Equinox Itinerary Modifications

As relief efforts are in effect throughout Florida and the Caribbean, we continue to closely monitor the status of all ports of call affected by Hurricane Irma. At this time, please note the below modifications to our Celebrity Equinox sailings. Please click learn more below to see the full itinerary.

ITINERARY UPDATE: CELEBRITY EQUINOX – 9/15/17

ORIGINAL ITINERARY: scheduled departure from Port of Miami: 9/15/17 @ 3:30 pm ET

UPDATED ITINERARY: scheduled departure: 9/15/17 @ 2:30 pm ET

ORIGINAL ITINERARY: port of call & date – Key West, FL, 9/24/17

UPDATED ITINERARY: port of call & date – Falmouth, Jamaica, 9/23/17

ITINERARY UPDATE: CELEBRITY EQUINOX – 9/25/17

ORIGINAL ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas – 9/28/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure: 6:00 pm

UPDATED ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: San Juan, Puerto Rico – 9/28/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure: 9:00 pm

ORIGINAL ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: Tortola, British Virgin Islands – 9/29/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure:6:00 pm

UPDATED ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: St. Croix – 9/29/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure: 4:00 pm

ORIGINAL ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: St. Johns, Antigua – 9/30/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure: 4:00 pm

UPDATED ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: Fort de France, Martinique – 9/30/17; Arrival: 9:00 am, Departure: 6:00 pm

ORIGINAL ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: Phillipsburg, St. Maarten – 10/3/17; Arrival: 9:00 am, Departure: 6:00 pm

UPDATED ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: St. Johns, Antigua – 10/3/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure: 5:00 pm

Hello all,

Don't know if that has already been posted or not. This is from Celebrity's travel alert page: https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert

Equinox Itinerary Modifications

As relief efforts are in effect throughout Florida and the Caribbean, we continue to closely monitor the status of all ports of call affected by Hurricane Irma. At this time, please note the below modifications to our Celebrity Equinox sailings. Please click learn more below to see the full itinerary.

ITINERARY UPDATE: CELEBRITY EQUINOX – 9/15/17

ORIGINAL ITINERARY: scheduled departure from Port of Miami: 9/15/17 @ 3:30 pm ET

UPDATED ITINERARY: scheduled departure: 9/15/17 @ 2:30 pm ET

ORIGINAL ITINERARY: port of call & date – Key West, FL, 9/24/17

UPDATED ITINERARY: port of call & date – Falmouth, Jamaica, 9/23/17

ORIGINAL ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas – 9/28/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure: 6:00 pm

UPDATED ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: San Juan, Puerto Rico – 9/28/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure: 9:00 pm

ORIGINAL ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: Tortola, British Virgin Islands – 9/29/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure:6:00 pm

UPDATED ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: St. Croix – 9/29/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure: 4:00 pm

ORIGINAL ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: St. Johns, Antigua – 9/30/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure: 4:00 pm

UPDATED ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: Fort de France, Martinique – 9/30/17; Arrival: 9:00 am, Departure: 6:00 pm

ORIGINAL ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: Phillipsburg, St. Maarten – 10/3/17; Arrival: 9:00 am, Departure: 6:00 pm

UPDATED ITINERARY PORT OF CALL/DATE/TIME: St. Johns, Antigua – 10/3/17; Arrival: 8:00 am, Departure: 5:00 pm

Thanks. We are sailing on October 16th on Equinox and looking for any info. Assuming this will be our itin changes as well.

Thanks. We are sailing on October 16th on Equinox and looking for any info. Assuming this will be our itin changes as well.

p - check X's website, I noticed they have posted changes there, not sure if they are up to October yet though.

bon voyage

I called Celebrity on Saturday and asked about Oct. 16th, she said they were working on Oct 16th Itinerary and we would get an email when they have decided . I asked about Martinique because I've read people don't think it was safe. She said she didn't think Martinique would be one of the ports.

I called Celebrity on Saturday and asked about Oct. 16th, she said they were working on Oct 16th Itinerary and we would get an email when they have decided . I asked about Martinique because I've read people don't think it was safe. She said she didn't think Martinique would be one of the ports.

Isn't that funny ... just said to my DH how much I would love to go to Martinique. Maybe not so much now, though, after hearing it isn't very safe. I have always been very understanding with any changes they have to make, especially in this situation. Just roll with it ... that's my motto. But thanks for the head's up about safety in different ports of call. My cruise is in November so may not even be affected. Time will tell.

Now, we just need to just wish Maria away. Go away Maria .... fizzle out!!!

Huh? Martinique is unsafe? Since when?? We love Martinique, have been about 20 times in the last few years, usually for a couple days getaway. It's gorgeous!

It gets a bad rap from cruise passengers more used to ports like St Thomas or St Maarten that have been hosting cruise passengers for years upon years and have a serious infrastructure based in it. Martinique does not - which to us, is part of it's charm. It's very French, mainly only takes euros and has loads to explore. As most everyone speaks French, with little English oftentimes, it frustrates your average cruise passenger for some reason. Go figure.

You're as safe, if not safer, there than many other islands, and it has such a rich history and culture to explore. Hopefully it can be subbed in for some itineraries - but definitely wouldn't be doable for a 7-nighter out of Florida once the main Caribbean season gets started...

So sad that after hurricane Maria, more itin changes may be needed.

Three of our Jan cruise ports that were not hit by Irma are now at risk...

We enjoyed our stop at Martinique on a fairly recent cruise...Neither of us speaks French past bon jour..and we did not see great reviews of beach areas, so we booked a Celeb walking tour of the Port city...

Had a wonderful guide who showed us many highlights including the library, theatre, public bldgs, markets, parks etc. We had a cafe lunch on our own near the big fort, plenty of time to shop... we did not feel unsafe but did not wander off on our on either.,Had a very Euro French vibe...

With the distinct possibility that Maria will hit Martinique, this discussion might be moot!

Maria is passing north of Martinique, right on path for direct hit to Dominica. Martinique is taking a beating though...

Remains to be seen what changes will have to be made after this one. And still 2.5 months to go...

Maria is passing north of Martinique, right on path for direct hit to Dominica. Martinique is taking a beating though...

Remains to be seen what changes will have to be made after this one. And still 2.5 months to go...

So hate to hear that! Dominica is about my most favorite port...so beautiful and the people are wonderful.

I see they just announced that they predict Puerto Rico is going to get trounced by Maria as a cat 4 .... so probably at least one more change in store for this itinerary.

I see they just announced that they predict Puerto Rico is going to get trounced by Maria as a cat 4 .... so probably at least one more change in store for this itinerary.

Currently the center-line forecast track for Maria is almost as close to St. Croix as it is to San Juan; about 15 miles from San Juan and about 20 miles from Frederiksted. So they might have to cancel both ports.

Well we are sailing on Sept 25. It will be interesting to see where we end up. Maria needs to mind her manners and go away

Would be nice if she did - unfortunately looks more and more like St Croix will be hit along with PR.

My wife and I are also on the 9/25 cruise and if San Juan & St. Croix are cancelled, then there is not much left within 1 or 2 days sail from Miami than Jamaica or Grand Cayman - with Jamaica being the closest to the remainder of our itinerary.

Isn't that funny ... just said to my DH how much I would love to go to Martinique. Maybe not so much now, though, after hearing it isn't very safe. I have always been very understanding with any changes they have to make, especially in this situation. Just roll with it ... that's my motto. But thanks for the head's up about safety in different ports of call. My cruise is in November so may not even be affected. Time will tell.

We walked all over downtown Martinique. Into Craft stalls, by the park to see the statue of Josephine beheaded (not vandalism) and throughout the streets with shops and historical buildings. At no time did I feel unsafe. Since Martinique is not usually a port of call any longer, the locals seemed glad to see us last week.

Also, I received an email from a vendor at St. Thomas and they hope to be open by the end of October. Of course this all depends on relief and other pending storms. We all must hope and pray for the best for our Caribbean neighbors.

We are on the Equinox October 6-16. We just received an email with an itinerary update' date=' instead of going to Key West on October 15, we will be visiting Falmouth, Jamaica on the 14th, with the 15th being a sea day.[/quote']

Make plans for a tour out of Falmouth. We did a private river tubing adventure and lunch at Scothies. It was great.

I'm on this cruise in March for the second time. I'm with you Cruise Raider...I really don't care where it's going it will be warmer than NYC!! However, both Martinique and Guadalupe are in the path of Maria as of today so who knows where we'll be going....all I know is the people of the Caribbean need our tourist dollars now more than ever.

we are on Oct 16 just got this notice

For your convenience, we’ve included the original itinerary and the revised itinerary here.

RTFImage_59c185d2b9d6307d2f34a4f5.PNG

Thanks. I just got an email also. St. Kitts is now down to a tropical storm warning, so we may still be going there -- not sure about San Juan:(.

Here is the new October 27 itinerary.

RTFImage_59c1891ab9d6307d2f34a4f9.PNG

Interesting. We're on the Oct 6th sailing and our itinerary is slightly different (or a mistake has been made!).

We go to Falmouth on the Saturday, but Bonaire and Curacao have swapped around. We have a massive tour booked with 150 of us (from our roll call, would you believe!) all booked for a tour on Curacao, so we really need to find out what's going on!