What is the latest regarding once a day room cleaning?

jewliana

It is a good idea ,exception this is the beginning of a phase out for twice a day room service . Carnival's projection is to eliminate twice a day in the near future.

Oh, I know, it's just a pipe dream for an improved customer experience.

unfortunately you were misinformed, it is absolutely your choice. You got pushed around by a cabin steward and accepted the results.

I just wish I knew if there is a REAL policy.........offer am or pm ...but if the customer wants twice they can have it. IS there a policy in place or not? We really should not be asking for twice a day if it is no longer available. That means the cabin steward is going out of his way to give you something he should not be and therefore is making his job harder than it already is because I am sure he now has twice as many rooms:??

I just wish I knew if there is a REAL policy.........offer am or pm ...but if the customer wants twice they can have it. IS there a policy in place or not? We really should not be asking for twice a day if it is no longer available. That means the cabin steward is going out of his way to give you something he should not be and therefore is making his job harder than it already is because I am sure he now has twice as many rooms:??

The stewards have a slip of paper printed by Carnival with boxes for guests to check off that say: a.m. p.m. or both, for now. So yeah, it's policy until it isn't.

The stewards have a slip of paper printed by Carnival with boxes for guests to check off that say: a.m. p.m. or both, for now. So yeah, it's policy until it isn't.

We were on The Magic in May. The slip did not have a box to check for both

I'm seriously considering asking only for evening service and letting my RS know that I will just change towels out with them in the AM. I take my showers typically at night and they don't dry in the bathroom so I get fresh ones. I like to sleep in sometimes and I always feel rushed in the morning trying to get out of there so they can get in. We'll see.

Could be. Most people have no clue you can get 2x service and stewards pushing people in the direction of once.

The question is, CAN you still? Inquiring minds. In April we got slightly pushed and nicely pushed back.

In general the stewards do a good job . The problem is that Carnival has them doing way too much. When we started cruising you could always find the steward somewhere in the area. Want ice for an afternoon cocktail . Better go chase it down.

The same thing happens is the MDR . The wait staff is way overworked . The result is service doesn't exist. I would prefer to pay a few dollars more and enjoy the expierience.

I used to feel pampered by the dining and cabin crew, now they are so understaffed and run around like chickens with their heads cut off, I feel guilty asking for anything. No ice in our room and no coffee at dinner. Hardly any conversation with the crew as they just don't have time. I'm sure the the bonuses are getting bigger at corporate.

I'm sure the the bonuses are getting bigger at corporate.
Based on the numbers they sure should be: Net margin of 16.48% corporate-wide. 6.52% return on assets. That success comes in part from providing a differentiated product, Carnival, Holland America, Princess, Seabourn, with a very wide range of "pampering", from low to high, and a very wide range of pricing, from low to high.

I used to feel pampered by the dining and cabin crew, now they are so understaffed and run around like chickens with their heads cut off, I feel guilty asking for anything. No ice in our room and no coffee at dinner. Hardly any conversation with the crew as they just don't have time. I'm sure the the bonuses are getting bigger at corporate.

Agree!! Carnival's cutbacks continue to erode what was once a brilliant product. Having recently sailed Royal, ice and twice daily service was standard and never did we have to ask.

I did not notice this. We had twice a day service. The steward was very engaging, made a point of addressing us by name. We always had ice refreshed and towel animals. He did not seem any more stressed than any other cabin steward. I would never feel guilty about asking for anything I thought necessary.

Just off the Liberty yesterday and we didn't even get a slip! :o But our steward did ask on the first day if we wanted our cabin serviced in the morning, evening, or both. He was great - called us by name whenever we saw him, kept my champagne on ice (for 2 days oops!), and even made us a towel animal zoo on the last day. :)

I'd like to know how you feel someone is are "conned" if once a day service is chosen, or a newbie.

We have been cruising non stop 2-3 times a year since 1981.

We are far from newbies and choose once a day service on our last Carnival cruise.

Yes, we were offered AM, PM or both.

I figured the guy works hard enough, and we keep the room clean enough, that 1x would do.

If we needed anything in between, like towels, TP, etc, all we needed to do was ask. Never a problem.

If YOU feel YOU need service twice a day, fine, as long as it is offered, YOU are entitled to it, and I may just request it again on our next time with Carnival.

Probably wined and moaned about the tablecloths and chocolates on the pillows being gone too.

(y)(y)(y)

Twice a day for experienced cruisers.

Newbies are conned into once a day.

Don't be fooled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmm...definitely NOT a newby and yet I prefer once a day. Had the option to ask for AM, PM or both on CCL Dream last year and loved it. Asked for PM service with extra towels and ice. Didn't have to worry about getting out of the room in the morning so he could clean. Slept in and stayed up late...perfect for that cruise with only 2 ports in a 7 night cruise that we needed to get up for. Please don't think you are speaking for all of us experienced cruisers when you give your preferences. Our last cruise was last October on Sunshine. We weren't given an option and received 2x a day. If they give us the option again this October on Fantasy we will ask for the PM only with extra towels and ice. It is what WE, and WE are experienced cruisers, would prefer.

Edited by Warm Breezes

I just got off the Magic on Sunday and the postcard size form he presented us on day 1 had 3 boxes - morning, evening, both - we chose both. It also had room to select extra pillows, ice, etc. Had I known this was a point of interest in the forums I would have taken a picture of the form. BTW, he did both unless we were in the room during his cleaning "window".