Maho Beach Couple Invites Tragedy

evandbob

They were no where near touching that plane, the outrage is completely overblown.

You are spot on!! The perspective of the pics makes it look like the plane wheels are inches away from the girl's feet. In reality, the wheels are approx. 80-100 ft off the ground. So, unless these 2 are each 40 ft tall, no close call…..

Much bigger worry is the jet blast from planes taking off......

I admit it looks as if her feet are very close to the plane (and I can understand why they wanted the picture -it really looked kind of cool), but the jets pass over 100 feet above the beach, so obviously they weren't placing themselves in danger.

'

now lets see an image from another angle... guaranteed it is nothing like what it looks like. Been there and can verify the plans are still pretty high (100-200ft) when they are coming through. Gotta love how the media blows things out of proportion.

According to a pilot who flew for commercial airline and who has flown into this airport some day a plane is going to head into this airport at too low an altitude

And according to a cab driver I talked to, someone is going to blow through a red light.

When I first saw the picture, I knew it was the perspective of the camera that gave the illusion of closeness. But I thought the danger being referred to was from the jet blast, which could have knocked the woman over and she might have landed the wrong way.

When I first saw the picture, I knew it was the perspective of the camera that gave the illusion of closeness. But I thought the danger being referred to was from the jet blast, which could have knocked the woman over and she might have landed the wrong way.

I believe the jet blast danger is when the planes are taking off (the plane is backed up to fence, pilot "hits the gas")…….