Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:09 PM.
3,752 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by Brisbane41
I would not tolerate such a thing and think it is a terrible risk to take for your holiday. What if the hotel does not come to fruition and all other reasonable hotels sell out leaving you with a choice of hotel you do not want.

Princess is a cruise line and as much as I like them they are not experts on land based hotels and I would never trust them to manage my hotel booking.

It would be far better for you to do your own hotel booking. Also find out what hotel Princess has booked and self book your own room if you are that desperate. There are bound to be still rooms at the hotel.

To me I can think of nothing worst than booking a hotel where I know many other guests from the ship will be staying. It is asking for trouble with excessive amounts of check-ins and departures on the same day as your stay. Its best to go with a totally random hotel and avoid known congestion.
I did just that yesterday when I was looking around. Called Princess then had to call my T/A. Four Seasons was the only option through Princess and they would not accommodation me for 4 days, only the 1 night at $411 a night! Nope, I'm not going to pay that. I then looked at Four Seasons on line and there were rooms available for around $200 a night. I ended up just booking Holiday Inn.. Though I don't want a "dive", it's just a place to lay my head and take a shower, wifi and it's clean. I'm not that hard to please....as long as there's no dirty diapers laying around.... (joke, one of my past threads about dirty diapers laying on the balcony).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruises

05/2018 Grand Princess - Alaska

01/2018 Grand Princess - Hawaii
10/2017 Crown Princess - New England
05/2017 Grand Princess - Alaska
02/2017 Grand Princess - Hawaii
11/2016 Royal Princess - Caribbean
10/2016 Caribbean Princess - New England
5/2016 Carnival Legend - Alaska
4/2016 Coral Princess - Panama Canal
2/2016 Ruby Princess - Mexican Riviera
1/2016 Ruby Princess - Hawaii
12/2015 Island Princess - Panama Canal
9/2015 Carnival Miracle - Mexico
5/2015 Golden Princess - Alaska
4/2015 Crown Princess - California Coastal
1/2015 Star Princess - Hawaii
10/2014 Star Princess--Mexico
8/2014 Carnival Imagination--Mexico
5/2014 Star Princess (Alaska)
2/2014 Sapphire Princess--Mexico
11/2013 Grand Princess--Hawaii
8/2013 Carnival Miracle--Alaska
1/2013 Inspiration--Mexico
1/2013 Inspiration (b2b)--Mexico
10/2012 Island Princess (Panama Canal)
10/2010 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
10/2010 Carnival Spirit-b2b--Mexico
1/2010 Carnival Splendor--Mexico
1/2009 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
11/2007 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
1/2004 Diamond Princess--Mexico
11/2003 Carnival Pride--Mexico
12/2002 Carnival Elation--Mexico
1/2001 Carnival Elation--Mexico
5/2000 Carnival Elation--Mexico
1986 - RCCL Song of America--Caribbean
1984 - RCCL Song of Norway-
-Caribbean
Newbury Park, CA
251 Posts
Joined Jul 2016
Originally posted by Desert Cruizers
During our last trip to Sydney for our NZ cruise, we stayed at the Meriton Apartments on Pitt ST and there was a market around the corner on George street so we didn't eat out much, merely bought our food and brought it back to the apartment.
Huge fan of the Meriton Apt Hotels. We stayed at their Kent St location when we took our last Aussie vacation. Kitchenette, washer / dryer, one block from supermarkets and Town Hall Station. High floor room with a view of Darling Harbour and only 10 mins to Circular Quay. Would recommend over a master suite (aka a hotel) any day of the week. We're sailing the Majestic from Sydney to Auckland where we'll embark on our tour of the North Island - again we've booked Apt Hotels there. We're light travellers - if it doesn't fit in a roller-bag it doesn't get to come on vacation - got a few AUD left on our last Opal Cards so we'll train to Town Hall, drop off our bags and then ferry to Manly to blast-off those jet-lag cobwebs...
Palm Springs, Calif
42,320 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
There were 4 of us, DH, myself, daughter and his sister so pricing was far better for us in a 2 bdrm on the 47th floor. Our 9 days post cruise was a bit more expensive but we split it in half then the daughter & her aunt split their half. I would stay in them again if the daughter & I were to go over again. Our first trip was in 2014 for the 13 day NZ then 9 days later, the Transpacific & 12 day Hawaii. That was my husbands dream trip & so glad we were able to do it. It was a fabulous trip.The daughter did return two year later and drove around with a lady she befriended and stayed in touch with from the NZ cruise for 3 weeks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email: GLea472968 at aol dot com
Alternate : Lea dot [email protected] dot between the Lea&gaye

Emerald Roll Call https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvfqBeEKG865gS-4hT-Oz90AfTzr
& Allure Roll Call Sheets