Eclipse Aqua cabins: the good, bad and the ugly.

puli

I am unable to locate the noted "sticky" for cabin information so could anyone tell me what Aqua cabin locations to avoid on the Eclipse and/or if there are any "best" ones.? We are not interested in sunning ,but do need to be close to some elevator as there are some mobility issues..(.not enough for an ADA cabin).

Aqua seems the best choice given the shower and use of Blu restaurant. Noise from overhead would definitely be a problem.

We are seasoned cruisers and know Cruise Critic is the place to go for accurate information!

I would suggest the A2 (Aqua Class) cabins aft of the aft elevators. Cabins above and below you and try for the closest one to the elevator bank. This gives you easy access to the dining venues as well. LuAnn

I would be leery of AQ cabins just aft of the elevators on this particular ship. Sailed in one awhile ago and the vibration issues were awful. Ship shaking so much sometimes at night it was hard to sleep - even vibrated while in port off and on. Guest Relations was getting tons of complaints but would do nothing, and offered no compensation or apologies or anything. You can search these boards for more info on that. Have not had similar issues on other S class ships in that location, or in locations forward of the elevators. You are subject to noise from the pool deck, from chair moving in the early morning to bands playing pool parties late into the night. Pick your location carefully, considering what is right above you.

I'd also add to the information in the previous posts to avoid cabins below the gym and the buffet for noise issues. The vibration problems were noted on the port side aft of the mid ship elevators. A good site I always use when choosing a cabin on any cruise line is http://www.cruisedeckplans.com. It's a travel agent site with all cruise lines and ships with a free section. It will not problem cabins and also cabins with extra space. You can drag one deck onto another to see what's directly above or below you. Good luck.

thanks everyone...it seems to me the Aqua suites are fraught with noise/vibration problems so we are not going to select one...we once cruised the Baltic Sea on Princess in a window suite and the vibrations were so bad you had to scream over the noise.and no sleep for 4 nights .Turns out we were located over one of the stabilizers so never again! So whenever we hear there is a vibration issue we run!

I didn't realize there were Aqua suites - I thought only Reflection had them and they got rid of them?

Reading this thread, every time vibration and noise are mentioned it's aft, so why not book forward? Our cabin on Silhouette was blissfully quiet.

thanks everyone...it seems to me the Aqua suites are fraught with noise/vibration problems so we are not going to select one...we once cruised the Baltic Sea on Princess in a window suite and the vibrations were so bad you had to scream over the noise.and no sleep for 4 nights .Turns out we were located over one of the stabilizers so never again! So whenever we hear there is a vibration issue we run!

Don't know of any issues with vibration forward of elevators, or on any other S class ship except this one, and I have sailed them all many times, usually in Aqua Class as we love it for Blu in particular. Unless you plan to upgrade to a suite, you are cutting your nose off to spite your face IMHO if you dismiss Aqua Class altogether.

I would be leery of AQ cabins just aft of the elevators on this particular ship. Sailed in one awhile ago and the vibration issues were awful. Ship shaking so much sometimes at night it was hard to sleep - even vibrated while in port off and on. Guest Relations was getting tons of complaints but would do nothing, and offered no compensation or apologies or anything. You can search these boards for more info on that. Have not had similar issues on other S class ships in that location, or in locations forward of the elevators. You are subject to noise from the pool deck, from chair moving in the early morning to bands playing pool parties late into the night. Pick your location carefully, considering what is right above you.

WOW!! I guess we all have different experiences. We have been on Eclipse multiple times in that location with no vibrations...weird! LuAnn

WOW!! I guess we all have different experiences. We have been on Eclipse multiple times in that location with no vibrations...weird! LuAnn

We were just aft of the elevators and there was a vibration coming from the fan housing in the bathroom. It was easily remedied.

The rooms just aft of the main elevator bank have rooms above them. They are called A2.