Eggs with Brown Shells

miched

With all of the other threads where posters have requests, concerns, and preferences wondering if Celebrity offers it or can make a exeception just for them here is mine. :D

I like the yokes from eggs with brown shells and whites from eggs with white egg shells, pyschological hang up that just makes sense to me.

Does Celebrity have both colored eggs so I can have a omelette made using them?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hi MICHED,

Think it will depend on what type of Chicken(s) they have aboard**

I suddenly realized we have stumbled upon the answer to the big question...

Which came first, the chicken or the egg ?

If eggs are for Breakfast

And Chicken is for Dinner

Then...

I think we've officially solved that mystery.

Cheers!

** Know for a fact that Chicken Wings, Nuggets, Tenders, Boobs, Legs & Thighs are not going to render any eggs

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

With all of the other threads where posters have requests, concerns, and preferences wondering if Celebrity offers it or can make a exeception just for them here is mine. :D

I like the yokes from eggs with brown shells and whites from eggs with white egg shells, pyschological hang up that just makes sense to me.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I think I would pay for the privilege of standing beside you whilst you explain your request to the person cooking the omelettes. :D

I think I would pay for the privilege of standing beside you whilst you explain your request to the person cooking the omelettes. :D

I don't think I would pay for the privilege but that act would be worthy of its own show!

I'm always happy with "fresh" eggs.

Judy

Happy cruising

So if they had both, for an omelette you would actually ask them to separate yolks and whites and mix them up??

Actually, many of the kitchen staff come from parts of the world where families routinely keep their own chickens. Your onboard breakfast chef is more likely to understand the concept of brown, or even green (with/without ham ;)) eggs than the stock-boy at your local supermarket! :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

Hi MICHED,

Then...

Cheers!

** Know for a fact that Chicken Wings, Nuggets, Tenders, Boobs, Legs & Thighs are not going to render any eggs

Still haven't solved why the chicken crossed the road? :confused:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Because the cruise ship was on the other side, Silly! ;):D

That is a good answer.

Plus if it is a Celebrity S class ship the grass will look greener.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hi MICHED,

Then...

Cheers!

Your right about the type of chicken, not too sure about which came first though.

I live in an area with lots of Amish farms and can get Brown eggs just as easily as white eggs. The chickens in this area the brown eggs come from are called Rhode Island Reds and are actually the state bird of Rhode Island.

Only supplying this info because after reading this I'll be darned if I can figure out anymore chicken or egg jokes...

I have enjoyed this thread. Funny posts for sure! :)

But seriously, there is no difference in taste or nutrition between brown or white eggs. Hens with white feathers produce white eggs, and hens with reddish brown feathers produce brown eggs. Simple as that. http://www.egglandsbest.com/eggspert/eggs/white-and-brown.aspx

An old chicken farmer told me that there are only three differences between white and brown eggs. First, the color. Second, brown eggs have shells that are thicker, which leads to the third difference, since the shell is thicker they stay fresh longer and have a longer shelf life. Everything else is the same.