Flight to FLL changed

Our airline changed our arrival in to FLL from 11a.m. to 2p.m. Ship leaves at 4p.m. Looks like we may be sticking our neck out here. Would anyone try to do this?

CEI 3.

Our airline changed our arrival in to FLL from 11a.m. to 2p.m. Ship leaves at 4p.m. Looks like we may be sticking our neck out here. Would anyone try to do this?

CEI 3.

No, I would make other plans. They have said you need to be checked-in 90 minutes before scheduled departure.

CEI 3.

I wouldn't. One flight delay up the chain and you're in serious trouble through no fault of your own.

CEI 3.

Definitely not.

However, the odds are there are other cruisers on your flight, some may have booked thru the cruise line. Do a fake airline booking thru your reservation and see if that flight is still offered by Royal. If it is, it may be worth calling them to see what they plan to do about such a late landing flight.

When the airline makes a change that big, you have the option to make a one time no cost change - use it.

This. Don't even consider trying to make it taking this flight. Try to go the day before.

CEI 3.

No. Call the airline and tell them what you're doing. They'll change your flight - no charge. It's happened to us and never any problems.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

CEI 3.

I wouldn't. That's just too close for my comfort level. Since the airline changed your plans, you can most likely switch your reservation with no additional cost or penalty to you.

A few months ago I got an email from RCI saying that my Harmony sailing was departing at 4pm.

You might want to clarify. I bet 4pm is the all last checkin time, not the actual departure. Still, a 2pm arrival is still too close, I'd change the flight.

]You might want to clarify. I bet 4pm is the all last checkin time' date=' not the actual departure[/b']. Still, a 2pm arrival is still too close, I'd change the flight.

Dear Travel Partner,

Please be advised the itinerary for the August 26, 2017 sailing on the Harmony of the Seas has a departure time change. The departure time has been changed from 4:30 PM to 4:00 PM from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your clients, and appreciate you communicating this information to your clients who are booked on these sailings.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

www.royalcaribbean.com

Royal.png

CEI 3.

The only circumstance in which I'd do that is if I did not care if I missed my flight.

I will never fly in the day of the cruise. Always at least the day before.

Even if you were on a flight slated to land at 6am, I wouldn't do it. The aviation world has too many moving parts. All it takes is one computer glitch, one unbalanced load etc etc and you're watching your ship sail away sans you.

A few months ago I got an email from RCI saying that my Harmony sailing was departing at 4pm.

I looked at the port schedule and the earliest I see an rci ship sailing is 430 and that was only once or twice. The rest, 5/530

A 4 must be past the calendar I looked at. Other lines on the schedule sailed at 4

I see your cruise is 3 months away

Edited by setsail

2:00PM arrival is definitely too late. Either have airline change you to an earlier arrival on departure day or come in a day earlier. On my family's Eurodam sailing out of Port Everglades in January 2016 we watched two couples miss the ship. Both couples arrived at the terminal at 3:45PM, fifteen minutes before the ships departure. One couple arrived in a cab and the second couple in a limo. They ran to the terminal entrance and the doors were locked. They ran around to the side of the building to attempt access and were confronted by a security guard that most likely advised them that they were too late. One woman was waving and crying as the ship moved away from the pier. Very sad sight to see. At my age I would never arrive that late and would always rather fly in a day early.

Flight has been changed, no fee. Very nice man on the phone at American Airlines. Thanks for all the advice.

CEI 3

Excellent.

Generally if there's an hour or so change they'll change it or cancel with a refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums