Concierge lounge

We are diamond plus members and were very disappointed on recent cruise on Adventurer that we could not use Concierge lounge( our old lounge now turned into cabins) there wer over 300 people trying to get into Diamond lounge and the lovely club atmosphere is now gone.

I believe that RCI is now doing this on lots of ships and the opportunity to meet like minded cruisers is diminished.

Can anyone tell me which ships still have the concierge lounge for diamond plus guests ?

Ships with a conciege lounge: Quantum class, Radiance class, Vision class, Freedom, Voyager, Navigator, Explorer.

Expect the concierge lounge to be eliminated on the last 4 ships above in the next few years.

RCL's trend is to convert Concierge Lounges into Suite Lounges, where access is granted to Grand Suite and above cruisers along with Pinnacles.

The Freedom still has a Concierge Lounge (Diamond +, suite cruisers and Pinnacles have access) until it goes into drydock in early 2020, when that lounge will be converted to a Suite Lounge.

One way to discern if a particular ship has a CL or a SL is to look at the deck plans on the ship/s that you would like to cruise on.

The Freedom still has a Connoisseur Club (cigar bar) that is scheduled to be deleted after their next drydock in 2020.

We were just off of the Anthem and we are D+.the problem with the D+ lounge was that it was on deck 12 AFT,it is the longest we ever had to walk to get to a lounge.The lounge itself was very nice,but being to FAR aft no one was going there.The most we seen in there was 10 members.The room hold maybe 50-60 members.The one night the Captain came in and ask the concierge where everyone was,her answer was that it is so out of the way they don't come.The D lounge was on deck 5 next to the theater and easy to get to.

We were just off of the Anthem and we are D+.the problem with the D+ lounge was that it was on deck 12 AFT,it is the longest we ever had to walk to get to a lounge.The lounge itself was very nice,but being to FAR aft no one was going there.The most we seen in there was 10 members.The room hold maybe 50-60 members.The one night the Captain came in and ask the concierge where everyone was,her answer was that it is so out of the way they don't come.The D lounge was on deck 5 next to the theater and easy to get to.

Surely people can’t be that lazy. It’s not THAT far...you’re on a ship ffs.

• Haha 1

One of the worst ships is Harmony. No Concierge Lounge on that ship either and the Diamond Lounge is a tiny little closet way down on deck 4. One of the worlds biggest ships, and one of the smallest DLs. :o:eek::mad:

No happy about Harmony replacing Oasis here in Port Canaveral. The DL on Oasis is in the much larger old CL location on deck 11.

We just got off the Anthem on Aug. 9 and loved the (suite) concierge lounge. It was aft on Deck 12, but not such a bad way to walk off the meals. Our party of seven was there every night. The servers were great, and the appetizers surprisingly good. We certainly ate enough of them:p

At the beginning of the cruise, there weren't many others in the lounge, and no parties as large as ours, but the last two nights it filled up with about 30 people (it was only a five night cruise).

Our concierge, however, was not a "her" but a "his", Ricardo Mock. The concierge for Diamond was also a he, Leroy D'Souza.

I went to the Diamond lounge once; I am not Diamond, but some of my companions were. I made it clear to the Concierge that I was just there with them while they transacted business and left within five minutes. It seemed smaller and way more crowded. The Diamond/Suite cruisers in my group always went to the Suite lounge for pre-dinner drinks and conversation. Far more relaxing.

We just got off the Anthem on Aug. 9 and loved the (suite) concierge lounge. It was aft on Deck 12, but not such a bad way to walk off the meals. Our party of seven was there every night. The servers were great, and the appetizers surprisingly good. We certainly ate enough of them:p

At the beginning of the cruise, there weren't many others in the lounge, and no parties as large as ours, but the last two nights it filled up with about 30 people (it was only a five night cruise).

Our concierge, however, was not a "her" but a "his", Ricardo Mock. The concierge for Diamond was also a he, Leroy D'Souza.

I went to the Diamond lounge once; I am not Diamond, but some of my companions were. I made it clear to the Concierge that I was just there with them while they transacted business and left within five minutes. It seemed smaller and way more crowded. The Diamond/Suite cruisers in my group always went to the Suite lounge for pre-dinner drinks and conversation. Far more relaxing.

Just FYI....The Suites Lounge is a different venue than the Concierge Lounge. Larger ships starting to tear out the CLs in favor of putting in the Suites Lounge (For GS cabins and above plus Pinnacles only...D+ no longer have access unless in a full suite).

Edited by island lady

Just FYI....The Suites Lounge is a different venue than the Concierge Lounge. Larger ships starting to tear out the CLs in favor of putting in the Suites Lounge (For GS cabins and above plus Pinnacles only...D+ no longer have access unless in a full suite).

I'm so confused (not surprising for me);p

The Anthem had two lounges. One was 12 aft for Suites. I was in a suite, so that is where I went. I don't know if they allowed Diamond, D+ or Pinnacle. Should I call that a suite lounge?

The other was next to the Theatre and called a Diamond lounge, I think, so I'm pretty sure that was just for Diamonds and above. Is that right?

The last time I sailed RCCL was over seven years ago on the Grandeur and I think there was only one lounge. We were in a suite then as well, so we used the lounge and called it a Concierge lounge. Was that a lounge for both suites and Diamonds that no longer exists?

I'm too old for this:D

The Anthem had two lounges. One was 12 aft for Suites. I was in a suite, so that is where I went. I don't know if they allowed Diamond, D+ or Pinnacle. Should I call that a suite lounge?

The other was next to the Theatre and called a Diamond lounge, I think, so I'm pretty sure that was just for Diamonds and above. Is that right?

The last time I sailed RCCL was over seven years ago on the Grandeur and I think there was only one lounge. We were in a suite then as well, so we used the lounge and called it a Concierge lounge. Was that a lounge for both suites and Diamonds that no longer exists?

Anthem has 2 lounges. One is the Concierge lounge for use by suites, D+ and Pinnacle. The other is a Diamond lounge which is for D and above.

Some ships have started replacing the Concierge lounge with a suite lounge that is foe Suites and Pinnackes only. Other ships still have the Concierge lounge.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thankyou everyone. We did check deck plan but when we booked a year in advance it did have a CL for D+.

Seems unless you are pinnacle they are cutting back the perks .

Just wait. I can see them eventually dealing with this problem by renaming all of the Concierge Lounges to Suite Lounges, then renaming all of the Diamond Lounges as Concierge Lounges. That way they will say they didn't kick the Diamonds out since that perk only applies to ships with a dedicated DL.

Probably increase the vouchers to 5 during the "ship" storm that follows. We all know something has to be done eventually. It's out of control. Change will happen. Not a matter of if, just a matter of when and how.

JMHO

Just wait. I can see them eventually dealing with this problem by renaming all of the Concierge Lounges to Suite Lounges, then renaming all of the Diamond Lounges as Concierge Lounges. That way they will say they didn't kick the Diamonds out since that perk only applies to ships with a dedicated DL.

Probably increase the vouchers to 5 during the "ship" storm that follows. We all know something has to be done eventually. It's out of control. Change will happen. Not a matter of if, just a matter of when and how.

JMHO

It’s been 4 years since the Suite lounges footstep started appearing and they haven’t changed anything yet. In fact they have added the 3 daily drinks onto D’s and above cards to help alleviate the crowding. Ok not so sure that they will take away the D lounge.

It’s been 4 years since the Suite lounges footstep started appearing and they haven’t changed anything yet. In fact they have added the 3 daily drinks onto D’s and above cards to help alleviate the crowding. Ok not so sure that they will take away the D lounge.

"Yet" is the operative word. Certainly the status quo is not sustainable over the long haul.

"Yet" is the operative word. Certainly the status quo is not sustainable over the long haul.

I’m sure that’s all depenadant on which side you’re looking at it from.

From a D+ who was booted out of the CL yes they would be pi**ed.

From Royals viewpoint it’s certsinly sustainable. They have a lounge, it gets full and people use their drink vouchers. It’s easy just to leave the DL in place as it’s a great feature to have listed in the D benefits. D+ may be too far away for people to strive there however D is within a lot more people’s reach.

I think the writing is on the wall for things like the Diamond lounge.

Seems a lot of cruiselines are adding things to the 'suite experience' & deleting others.

A bit like bringing back the old class system on ships.

We have been sailing for decades and remember things like leather key cases, NO pay restaurants, free sodas, dedicated wine servers in the main dining room, free 24 hour room service, midnight buffets, etc.

We are older now & are able to enjoy the perks of suites sometimes. I am amazed how they keep adding them.

Years ago, there was no dedicated 'suite' beach on Labadee as there is now. A lot of ships now not only have a suite lounge but a suite restaurant. You also have better bedding/towels/free room service/luggage valet etc.

I really miss a lot about the old perks for everyone but to new cruisers....sailing is still the best bang for you buck.

I bet within 5 years there will be NO Diamond lounges on any ship.

• Like 1

Anthem is one that has not torn out (yet) the Concierge Lounge in favor of RCI installing the newly invented named "Suites Lounge" indeed just for full suites and Pinnacles...but really just a sly way for RCI to kick Diamond Plus out of the lounge with suites guests by inventing a "new lounge"...which is really replacing the Concierge Lounge in a round about way.

Mariner is one that has been recently changed out. The old Concierge Lounge was torn out with that space now housing four new inside cabins. The Suites lounge has been installed up in the Viking Crown Lounge. Diamond lounges indeed are for Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle...but no suites unless those pax have attained that level.

Edited by island lady

Just wait. I can see them eventually dealing with this problem by renaming all of the Concierge Lounges to Suite Lounges, then renaming all of the Diamond Lounges as Concierge Lounges. That way they will say they didn't kick the Diamonds out since that perk only applies to ships with a dedicated DL

I would be okay with this. We become D+ on our next sailing (November), and just found out yesterday that D+ won’t be allowed in the CL for our December cruise, on Grandeur. Seems like there won’t really be much difference between D and D+. So much for the benefits of loyalty.

I would be okay with this. We become D+ on our next sailing (November), and just found out yesterday that D+ won’t be allowed in the CL for our December cruise, on Grandeur. Seems like there won’t really be much difference between D and D+. So much for the benefits of loyalty.

That has already happened .....on the many ships that have torn out the CL in favor of putting in the SL.