Concierge lounge

What is the Concierge Lounge? Who can access it?

Access to the lounge is one of the perks for having a Grand Suite or better or being Diamond Plus or higher in the loyalty program.

Some of the offerings in the lounge: free specialty coffee, continental breakfast, complementary snacks and cocktails during a 3.5 hour period every evening.

We were just off of the Anthem and we are D+.the problem with the D+ lounge was that it was on deck 12 AFT,it is the longest we ever had to walk to get to a lounge.The lounge itself was very nice,but being to FAR aft no one was going there.The most we seen in there was 10 members.The room hold maybe 50-60 members.The one night the Captain came in and ask the concierge where everyone was,her answer was that it is so out of the way they don't come.

That's why I book deck 12 on that ship.

Probably increase the vouchers to 5 during the "ship" storm that follows. We all know something has to be done eventually. It's out of control. Change will happen. Not a matter of if, just a matter of when and how.

I agree. The D lounge on AD was VERY crowded. People got there 20 minutes early to claim a seat, and cocktail hour started at 4:30pm. They did let people bring their snacks and drinks into the adjoining VCL, which is not typically busy at that time anyway. But it's not the same. People like to be in the lounge area.

If they do kick out D from the lounge, I think they need to up the drink vouchers to at least 4 to keep the complaints down. Then after a couple years they can decrease the drink vouchers, to align with their competition, or to make customers happier, or whatever way they want to spin it.

Just FYI....The Suites Lounge is a different venue than the Concierge Lounge. Larger ships starting to tear out the CLs in favor of putting in the Suites Lounge (For GS cabins and above plus Pinnacles only...D+ no longer have access unless in a full suite).

What larger ship had its CL were torn (tear) out and replaced by a SL?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What larger ship had its CL were torn (tear) out and replaced by a SL?

You know what she was saying.

It's technically correct that no ship has had the CL torn out and the SL installed in exactly the same place. However, several ships have lost the CL and gained the SL. It's irrelevant that the SL does not inhabit the same space as the CL, what's relevant is that the the D+ members have less lounge space than they had before the CL was removed.

It's technically correct that no ship has had the CL torn out and the SL installed in exactly the same place. However, several ships have lost the CL and gained the SL. It's irrelevant that the SL does not inhabit the same space as the CL, what's relevant is that the the D+ members have less lounge space than they had before the CL was removed.

Using words like “torn out” “tear out” are just words used to play on emotions.

Nobody, especially Royal, has promised or guaranteed anyone a certain amount of lounge space much less a lounge, period. To say otherwise is just not fact.

Let’s review Royal’s C&A

General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society[emoji768] Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

Using words like “torn out” “tear out” are just words used to play on emotions.

Nobody, especially Royal, has promised or guaranteed anyone a certain amount of lounge space much less a lounge, period. To say otherwise is just not fact.

Let’s review Royal’s C&A

General Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. has the right to terminate the Crown & Anchor Society[emoji768] Program ("the Program") or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits, in whole or in part; at any time without notice.

I never said Royal does not have the right to make changes and totally end the program whenever they want. I never said that it's wrong for Royal to remove the CL and replace it with an SL.

I only said that when that happens, the D+ members lose lounge space. That is a simple fact, not emotion.

I never said Royal does not have the right to make changes and totally end the program whenever they want. I never said that it's wrong for Royal to remove the CL and replace it with an SL.

I only said that when that happens, the D+ members lose lounge space. That is a simple fact, not emotion.

Bob,

Was not directed to you but to those that continue to complain about losing a Lounge they were never guaranteed to have, or to be kicked out.

Maybe Suite Guests feel something has been taken away from them when they can’t get a seat in the CL/SL/CK due to high numbers of high level status occupying those Lounges for Suite Guests. A Suite Guest is very different than a C&A member. Suite Perks are not part of C&A.

• Like 1

Bob,

Was not directed to you but to those that continue to complain about losing a Lounge they were never guaranteed to have, or to be kicked out.

Maybe Suite Guests feel something has been taken away from them when they can’t get a seat in the CL/SL/CK due to high numbers of high level status occupying those Lounges for Suite Guests. A Suite Guest is very different than a C&A member. Suite Perks are not part of C&A.

I agree that there seems to be no perfect solution to the continuing increase in the numbers of high level C&A members.

However, I can sympathize with D+ guests when they sail on a ship that used to have a CL that is gone. I cannot fault them for being disappointed and complaining.

I can also sympathize with suite guests who have to share a very crowded CL. They paid a bunch of money for the suite and should not have to fight for space in a lounge.

I suspect that there will also come a day when Pinnacle members no longer have access to the SL.

Royal has a very successful loyalty program.

Some of the concierge lounges were so small like navigator with no view , was really disappointed on my first cruise in grand suite that there was no seats available, love liberty suite lounge high is much larger with views and a outside area. Favorite concierge lounge was brilliance which seemed large enough for Diamond plus and suite people.

Thanks Bob. :)

Anyone know the status of the CL on Enchantment (as of now)? Are D+ still allowed in?

Yes, and not aware of any ship with a CL that does not welcome D+....except for special cruises that typically attract more upper tier (ei: TAs, Presidential cruises, etc.) which may open different venues for the larger numbers.

I agree that there seems to be no perfect solution to the continuing increase in the numbers of high level C&A members.

Actually, I think the solution has already been put into place by RCL... it's the 3 drink voucher anywhere on the ship.

(edit: the above with regard to CL/DL over crowding... sorry, I don't think I was clear)

Edited by Hoopster95

• 3 weeks later...