Concierge lounge

I know the deck plans for Jewel show a CL...is it for suites only or suites, D+ and Pinnacles?

Who knows! It seems like the whole SL/DL/CL thing is in a state of flux and can quickly change. We recently heard from a concierge that in the near future CLs would become SLs fleet wide. Is this true? We don't know. In the past, we've been given information from several concierges that never came to be.

Thankyou everyone. We did check deck plan but when we booked a year in advance it did have a CL for D+.

Seems unless you are pinnacle they are cutting back the perks .

Not really, you still have access to a lounge. You also should have three evening drinks loaded onto your Sea pass card. The d lounge still has a nice continental breakfast and 24 hour speciality coffee.

Is the name an issue? If they renamed the Diamond lounges to Concierge lounges, is that a solution.

If it is too crowded, use one of the three vouchers. We meet done very nice passengers at the ship bars and lounges.

M

Not really, you still have access to a lounge. You also should have three evening drinks loaded onto your Sea pass card. The d lounge still has a nice continental breakfast and 24 hour speciality coffee.

Is the name an issue? If they renamed the Diamond lounges to Concierge lounges, is that a solution.

If it is too crowded, use one of the three vouchers. We meet done very nice passengers at the ship bars and lounges.

M

If you think about it yes, the name is the issue. By renaming the CL to SL the D+ can't go in.

If they rename the DL to CL the D can't go in.

End of the overcrowded lounges that folks forever complain about.

Just so everyone knows, the SL's always have D+ in them, in fact you will find all levels of c&a in there along with first time cruisers. All are welcome

Very true! As long as they have booked a full suite they are welcome.

Just so everyone knows, the SL's always have D+ in them, in fact you will find all levels of c&a in there along with first time cruisers. All are welcome

Only if those D+ have coughed up the extra bucks for a Grand Suite and above. :confused:;)

I would be okay with this. We become D+ on our next sailing (November), and just found out yesterday that D+ won’t be allowed in the CL for our December cruise, on Grandeur. Seems like there won’t really be much difference between D and D+. So much for the benefits of loyalty.

This is news to me. We sail on Grandeur often and we've always been welcome in the Concierge Lounge. We were on over July 4th and will be on again over Columbus Day. When is this new change happening ?

This is news to me. We sail on Grandeur often and we've always been welcome in the Concierge Lounge. We were on over July 4th and will be on again over Columbus Day. When is this new change happening ?

I was told it was supposed to be effective on the sailing I was on, but they've temporarily delayed it.

Another example of inconsistencies from ship to ship.

This should be explained and clear on RCI's web site.

What is the rule? Let's not all add to the confusion and say what happened on this ship or that date.

This is not the 'suggested dress code.'

I would be okay with this. We become D+ on our next sailing (November), and just found out yesterday that D+ won’t be allowed in the CL for our December cruise, on Grandeur. Seems like there won’t really be much difference between D and D+. So much for the benefits of loyalty.

Sorry that you feel that the loss of the CL lounge and that you now feel like there is no difference between D and D+. The D lounge offers everything the CL lounge did.

Don’t forget that you also get the following which Diamonds don’t;

A larger balcony discount

BOGO dinner

Bottle of wine

Free bag of laundry

30% off the delux beverage package

2 free days of internet

Bridge or galley tour

Preferred show seating on many ships

I’m probably missing a couple. I for one will be thankful when I reach D+, whatever the perks remaining are.

Preferred show seating seems to be another Diamond+ perk that is rapidly disappearing. It still exists on some ships (often the same ones that still have Concierge Clubs) but it has disappeared on many others. Does anyone have a list of ships that still have reserved seating for Diamond+ members? From my recent experience, there is no D+ reserved seating on the Mariner OTS or the Oasis OTS but there is still D+ reserved seating on the Enchantment OTS. It is rather grudgingly offered on the Enchantment; there is a big sign that says the area is for people with gold cards only but a much smaller one that says it is also for Diamond+. Actually it doesn't seem to matter on the Enchantment; I was on that ship only last week and there were no crew members watching who sat there or asking to see Sea Passes.

Anthem has 2 lounges. One is the Concierge lounge for use by suites, D+ and Pinnacle. The other is a Diamond lounge which is for D and above.

Some ships have started replacing the Concierge lounge with a suite lounge that is foe Suites and Pinnackes only. Other ships still have the Concierge lounge.

So if you are D+ you have access to the Concierge lounge in the aft on 12?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry that you feel that the loss of the CL lounge and that you now feel like there is no difference between D and D+. The D lounge offers everything the CL lounge did.

A larger balcony discount

BOGO dinner

Bottle of wine

Free bag of laundry

30% off the delux beverage package

2 free days of internet

Bridge or galley tour

I’m probably missing a couple. I for one will be thankful when I reach D+, whatever the perks remaining are.

Balcony discount is slowly becoming worthless with all the fake sales.

Anyone can buy BOGO for first two nights, again for D+ worthless.

So if you are D+ you have access to the Concierge lounge in the aft on 12?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

D+ have access to all Concierge Lounges on all ships that still have them. The only thing that would change, would be some special cruise sailing...as in upper C&A heavy. Then they would most likely add another lounge area...or "event".

It's only the ships that have torn out the CL in favor of the new SL (Suite Lounge) which is for pax in Grand Suites and above and Pinnacles...that excludes D+.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if Enchantment still has a CL, or have they (or are they going to) changed it over to a Suite Lounge?

Still a Concierge Lounge. No plans to change it have been publicly released.

Just want to verify on the 3 free drinks loaded on the sea pass card. Can it only be used during the selective hours or anytime during the day? & at any bar? Just not the MDR & restaurants. Will be on Harmony in Oct & wanted to check for my mother in law who is sailing solo for the 1st time and D. Thank you!

Just want to verify on the 3 free drinks loaded on the sea pass card. Can it only be used during the selective hours or anytime during the day? & at any bar? Just not the MDR & restaurants. Will be on Harmony in Oct & wanted to check for my mother in law who is sailing solo for the 1st time and D. Thank you!

Only during the same time that the DL is hosting complimentary cocktails.

We are diamond plus members and were very disappointed on recent cruise on Adventurer that we could not use Concierge lounge( our old lounge now turned into cabins) there wer over 300 people trying to get into Diamond lounge and the lovely club atmosphere is now gone.

I believe that RCI is now doing this on lots of ships and the opportunity to meet like minded cruisers is diminished.

Can anyone tell me which ships still have the concierge lounge for diamond plus guests ?

SIAP. Brilliance on our Baltic Cruise this paat May