Aft balconies

oscardog

We are booked on an Aft balcony on the Escape. I read that the balconies get soot all over them from the engine. We are in room 13312, Has anyone confirm this? Do you recommend I change rooms

We are booked on an Aft balcony on the Escape. I read that the balconies get soot all over them from the engine. We are in room 13312, Has anyone confirm this? Do you recommend I change rooms

We had an AFT balcony on Breakaway last year and never had a problem like that. I never even thought of that. It was an incredible balcony. It was so huge, we loved it.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I can't vouch for the Escape, but our Breakaway aft balcony did not have any soot problems; we were on deck 12.

It was an amazing balcony. Unless you want to go full suite, I would stick with it.

We were on the Escape and had rooms 12908 and 12910. Never had problems with soot or anything else.. However; If possible, I would recommend to move to an aft balcony on deck 12 or 9. These are the largest balconies with deck 13 being the smallest. We have the same two rooms September 30, 2017 we liked them so much.

Thanks for that piece of info - I just switched my reservation to 12910.

We were on the Escape and had rooms 12908 and 12910. Never had problems with soot or anything else.. However; If possible, I would recommend to move to an aft balcony on deck 12 or 9. These are the largest balconies with deck 13 being the smallest. We have the same two rooms September 30, 2017 we liked them so much.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you like 12908 bond24seven. We will be on the Escape two weeks before you in that room. We always get a balcony but this is our first aft balcony. Booked our dining and entertainment today since we are now 90 days out! We can't wait!

John

We will be in 12910 October 28!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Aft balconies are all we ever book (when we can), and the amount of soot, if there has been any, has been negligible. I can't vouch for every ship on every line, but we've been on quite a few different ships and different lines.

Bond24seven.. We just reserved 12908 for a Dec Eastern Carr trip. Since you had both 12908 and 10, how would you rate the location and which balcony would you say was larger? Is the bed in 08 near the balcony or the closet? Any insight much appreciated.

Bond24seven.. We just reserved 12908 for a Dec Eastern Carr trip. Since you had both 12908 and 10, how would you rate the location and which balcony would you say was larger? Is the bed in 08 near the balcony or the closet? Any insight much appreciated.

We thought the location was great! Right in the middle of the aft balconies from top to bottom... We wanted deck 12 because because of the size and that it was far enough away from Spice H2O not to hear loud music late into the night, and decided not to get deck 9 because deck 8 right below is public access off the back of the ship and people sometimes go there to smoke.. The room steward offered to open up the dividers between the balconies which we did. 12908 and 12910 had exactly the same size balconies. The bed is beside the balcony in 12908 and beside the closet in 12910.

My wife also gave the room steward $20 and he went and got us some of the cushions that are on the loungers in the Haven. She said that the loungers were way more comfy after that. We had 2 loungers and 2 regular chairs and a small table on each. You also might want to ask them to empty the mini fridge.

I've been in an aft suite and aft balcony on Breakaway and saw soot on the balcony most mornings. Your room steward will clean it each day but if you're out there in the morning just wipe it up with a wet towel. It won't take more than two minutes, a small price to pay for the amazing balcony.

Thanks for the quick reply! I used the same rational in picking 12908, along with some good advice from Two Wheels Only who is also on this thread. Considered the noise/smoke from deck 8, and Two Wheels confirmed the size of the balcony (deck 12 just slightly smaller than 9 but bigger than the rest.) Great idea on the Haven cushins...I'll give it a try. Glad to hear you loved the location as I'm sure we will! 3D cruse but 1st on a big ship - love Pearl and now ready to try Escape which has great reviews.

We loved our Aft balconies on Escape deck 12 and 9. No problems and long walks to stairs are good for us!

Also enjoyed the Large Balcony category on deck 9 forward. It was especially nice as it was one deck down to the District and Food Republic;)

Are the aft balcony rooms on escape a good distance from the stairs or elevator? Or is it quick and easily accessible?

We are in haven aft bc we love the large balcony....but sad to not be in the haven proper. I'm so tornn

Sent from my iPhone using Forums